• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

THe End of Zelda

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Okay, so I just finish ALttP and after reviewing the history of the game and what comes after, with all the games I've played, I truly believe that this game is the last of the timeline. Or atleast a timeline, if you go with the child/adult theory. Maybe they'll make one to follow it up but it definitely seems to end the legend. This is probably old news to some of you but I just felt I had to say this. Does anyone not agree?

Austin

Austin
I don't disagree, I suppose, but I don't understand what evidence there is that makes ALttP to most likely be the end of a timeline than, say, AoL. When ALttP came out they said it preceded LoZ and AoL, but they later revised that statement, so I'm not entirely sure.

(Also, shouldn't this be in the theories section?)

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
*shrug* Maybe, maybe not. I'm almost to the point where I don't really think ALttP matters much anymore. Almost. OoT was an attempt to remake it, but it turned into its own game. Aonuma still wants to remake it. I'm sure it'll be remade in the future since so many things just don't make sense anymore, so I don't think it necessarily has a canon placement anymore.

I have seen (somewhere, I forget) a statement that ALttP was a prequel... but if I remember correctly, that was something found in a magazine, and I don't know which magazine. But then again, there's also this stating that it's a sequel:

alttpissequaljapandtran.gif

So.... I don't know which one should be believed.

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
I think that ALttP was a prequal to both LA and Oox. LA is the direct sequal to ALttP, as seen in the final boss fight. I believe that the fight involved taking Link's memories from past battles and replicating them. Oox is a sequal because Ganon is destroyed in ALttP and he is revived by Twinrova.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
I'm sorry? Would it be in the Japanese text? Because I am unable to read that section and I can see no discrepancy in the English parts. Another thing is the first bit of timeline that was ever official, the OoT-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL (maybe not LA but it is usually acepted anyway). I definately see your point on there being pressure on ALttP since the whole Seal War thing is very murky to say the least, with all the Ganon sealing happening left and right.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Perhaps some more explanation is needed. While I was playing they were going through the whole history of the game saying how Link is the decedent of warriors or knights or something like that. (I can't remember exactly) So that means any number of Zelda games could have come before it. But what made me think "OMG! This is the end of the Legend" was at the end of the credits where they say "And the Master Sword once again sleeps. Forever" Come on, how many games do we see the Master Sword "not sleeping?" Counter that argument, and I'll be willing to listen to any objections you have about my theory

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I'm sorry? Would it be in the Japanese text? Because I am unable to read that section and I can see no discrepancy in the English parts. Another thing is the first bit of timeline that was ever official, the OoT-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL (maybe not LA but it is usually acepted anyway). I definately see your point on there being pressure on ALttP since the whole Seal War thing is very murky to say the least, with all the Ganon sealing happening left and right.
Look closer, dear, it's a little hard to read because the image is so small. The text below the Japanese text is the translation. The very last paragraph says, "...sequel to the Legend of Zelda® and The Adventure of Link®..." . But then again, the back of the boxart says "The predecessors of Link and Zelda..." so the two informations conflict each other.

Perhaps some more explanation is needed. While I was playing they were going through the whole history of the game saying how Link is the decedent of warriors or knights or something like that. (I can't remember exactly) So that means any number of Zelda games could have come before it. But what made me think "OMG! This is the end of the Legend" was at the end of the credits where they say "And the Master Sword once again sleeps. Forever" Come on, how many games do we see the Master Sword "not sleeping?" Counter that argument, and I'll be willing to listen to any objections you have about my theory
As for the descendent thing, Link (each Link) is a descendent of a Knight of Hyrule. Don't get confused and think that means they're related (a lot of people get confused on that), because there are many knights with many families and descendents. In any case, there are some points that make it seem like the last in the series such as "The Master Sword sleeps again... Forever!" and the supposed defeat of Ganon and purifying of the Dark World....

HOWEVER! That was long before any of the newer games were released. We can't take everything the same way anymore. In addition of changing the term "Wise Men" to "Sages", the GBA port even added a Dark World ending. That would mean that the Dark World is still in tact, imply that Ganon is not actually gone. I'm not saying it's a 100% for sure thing, I'm just suggesting that it could be possibly taken into consideration.

I'm not arguing that ALttP isn't the last in the timeline, but I do want to point out reasons why it may or may not be. Not really choosing a side, just providing information. ^^

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I strongly disagreed with this idea, even before I had an argument.

It could be argued that "the Master Sword once again sleeps. Forever." is just stating an intention. In the Wind Waker, it was meant to stay and keep Ganon locked away when Link broke the seal.

Or...is it possible that there are two Master Swords?

0_0

It could happen I suppose, but who knows, as soon as a new game comes out they could change the whole timeline if they had too...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
According to the official timeline, It's actually the first in the Fallen Hero timeline. It goes ALttP - OoS/OoA - LA - LoZ - Aol

Z

zeldadungeon123

The end of the "timeline" would be either twilight princess because he kills ganon or it could be OoT because he went from being a child to an adult.

It's probable.. but I hope not. The series is a huge franchise, and they've been making Zelda games for 25 years so hopefully Skyward Sword isn't the last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom