• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The "elf"

hi people

maybe some of you have seen more than once people calling Link or the hylians "elves", I can see why they call them like that, but to be honest I hate it, not to an extreme point, but I do, so, what do you think? you are ok with that? it´s correct for you? you dislike it? or even you like it?

Personally, I hate it because I love Zelda way too much, but still kind of dislike, or like too little most (not all) of the things based in cheesy fantasy or the cliche fantasy, and I think that includes the elves

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
What really bothers me is when they call Link Zelda. Calling Link an elf is a common mistake and I doesn't really bug me. I mean, some people just think he's an elf. Simple as that.

David25866

Anime Master
It doesn't really bother me as such just i correct people when they say elf and then they say kokiri or hylian afterwards what really annoys me is when people call Link Zelda -_-

It doesn't bother me. I think I can see why people call them elves, because of their ears. I correct them by saying that they are Hylians and not elves. I think if you did not know the races of Hyrule I can see why you would call the Hylians elves.

Last edited:

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I agree with you guys - it doesn't really annoy me because I can just correct them, but I do start to get irritated in the event they continue calling Hylians, elves.
It is extremely annoying when they call Link, Zelda... That to me, is like looking at Mario and saying "Is that Princess Peach?".

Last edited:

Ice Sage

these are words
I understand that it is a common mistake, but I shall always correct and be annoyed by them when they call Link "Zelda".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom