• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Elder Scrolls or Fallout?

The Elder Scrolls or Fallout?

• The Elder Scrolls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I searched for this thread and I couldn't find anything like it before, so I'm going to assume it has never been made which surprises me. Anyways,

The title speaks for itself, which series do you think is better? Fallout or the Elder Scrolls? I'm hoping to get a decent poll size to accuratley assess ZD's opinion, so atleast vote even if you don't plan on making a post on this thread. Remember, the title doesn't say Skryim or Fallout 3/New Vegas. I'm comparing the series as a whole. So keep that in mind when you make your vote.

Me personally, I enjoy the Elder Scrolls more. I like the medieval theme that the Elder Scrolls brings to the table and I think they improve each time they make a new game. Granted the series has gotten a little more "hand holding" since Morrowind, I still find great enjoyment out of doing all the quests the games have to offer. It makes great leaps and strides with each installment, and I don't think Fallout can live up to that expectation.

So what do you guys think? The Elder Scrolls or Fallout?

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Personally I think I'd have to go with Fallout for the better series here. Even though Bethesda has brought to life two amazing series in both of these, Fallout always seemed like the more diverse and enjoyable area of the two. I thought TES IV: Oblivion was fantastic. I also thought Skyrim was fantastic, as I put over a hundred hours easily into it. There's one thing I could never place on Skyrim that I just didn't enjoy, however. I played Fallout 3 with such dedication that it seemed uncanny for any game I've ever experienced. New Vegas was also an enjoyable experience, but less so.

Many people have often illustrated Fallout as "The Elder Scrolls with guns," and this is not without merit. They are both massive series with so many sidequests to enjoy, which often beat out the main quest, though more so in The Elder Scrolls than Fallout. A large part of experience comes down to what you enjoy more in terms of gameplay - magic and swords or guns. I enjoyed the weapons in Fallout a lot more than I did Skyrim, and the gameplay just seemed better to me. The Elder Scrolls always seemed more like a "hit and be hit" kind of game where there's not much startegy involved, unless you're a mage.

Both have always been very immersive experiences for me, but I also liked to dwell on Fallout's overworld more than any in The Elder Scrolls. Though all towns were indeed exciting, they never seemed to stand out to me. Fallout had a very large lack of towns, but it still seemed to carry you through the wasteland with quests all the time, no dawdling wondering what you should do next. I seemed to get bored by everything in a game such as Skyrim, even though I had fun playing through it. I almost want to say that it's a tie between the two series, but I believe Fallout's experience carried me over the top, whereas a lot of times Skyrim would drag you into a long series of events that you felt obliged to follow, rather than enjoy.

I simply can't choose one. From what I've played of both series, I like them both equally. But if I judged it on how much I've played each game, I'd go with Elder Scrolls.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I choose Fallout. I just like the atmosphere of the post-apocalyptic world compared to the medevil (correct me if i misspelled that) atmosphere. Although I REALLY enjoy playing Skyrim, I seem to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas with more dedication. Fallout is also my favorite multi-platform game series.

Claire

The Geekette
That's an easy choice for me: The Elder Scrolls.

I've always kind of steered away from games that rely heavily on more advanced technologies (such as guns). I'm more interested in the fantasy and the lore within TES. A lot has been carried from Arena and is still relevant even in Skyrim. You are able to make those connections, which I think is great on behalf of the developers. It takes place in a completely different world with races and creatures of the imagination. I suppose it is the fact that while there are some similarities between the world and peoples of Tamriel and our own, it ventures into a realm of mystery and magic that could never be a reality, and being able to partake in a journey you'd only hear of in a fairytale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom