• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Dragons

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
This was mentioned in another thread, but it needs to be discussed. How do the dragons in each game relate to each other? We see three dragons in SS. Could Din be related to Volvagia, and he be related to Valoo, as HH suggested. Could one of the SS dragons be related to Aquamentus? How are they related? What role could they play in Zelda events?

I don't think they are related. Though I did think it would be cool if you had to fight the 3 dragons in Skyward Sword.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
My theory.

1. Din is an ancestor of Volvagia, and Din's mountain is the Death Mountain from OoT. The goddess appointed them as guardians of the temples. Volvagia was corrupted; maybe by a demon left over from Demises army. Nayru is the ancestor of Stallord, who was killed . . . Actually I have a new theory. The descendent guardians were all corrupted and killed. They could have been corrupted by an evil force, and then slain by another incarnation of Link, assisted by the legendary Goron Hero. That could be a cool game to tie OoT and SS. Anyway, the guardian of Lanayru, Stallord, was corrupted and killed in the Arbiter's grounds. Volvagia was killed in Death Mountain. Faron's descendent was killed elsewhere, he could be the dragon depicted in the water Temple in OoT.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
When we talk about dragons in the LoZ should be thinking about these this
1. Most dragons will not be the same species and some dragons may have more mythical origins (possibly some influenced by eastern culture) in the sense that they may have actually have been created or transformed into dragons by some means. Also some dragons will be very intelligent (Valoo, Sky Ward Sword dragons) and others will be just like most other animals (Volvagia, and the dragon from TP which I for get the name of). Most dragons that are not intelligent may just be wild dragons and have no back story.

On a side note I personaly think that dragons in the Zelda series are used just enough to stay fresh.

Not necessary the case here. Dragons in Zelda come in all shape and size with different kinds of personalities, taking cues from Western Culture and Eastern Culture. Some dragons are benevolent and wise like Valoo and the Three Dragons while others are like mindless monsters such as Volvagia and Aquamentus. However some believe that Volvagia was once a guardian like the Deku Tree and Jabu-Jabu and that belief is some supported in the Japanese translated-version of Hyrule Historia. But for all I know, the dragons could be just be bunch of unrelated animals all lumped into one category by scholars.

From GlitterBerri:
•The Spirits that Guard the Pearls of the Goddesses
After the land of Hyrule was sealed, there were spirits who guarded the three Pearls of the Goddesses that had a connection with the Tower of Gods. It is thought that these spirits are descendants from the spirits of the Hero of Time Era: the Great Deku Tree, Volvagia and Jabu-Jabu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom