• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Director of Skyward Sword: Hidemaro Fujibayashi

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099435p1.html

Refer to the second question.

How do you think this will affect the game? In the past he was the director of The Minish Cap and the sub-director of PH and ST. I haven't played TMC or PH yet but I have played ST. It was very fun and had awesome puzzles and stuff. Looking at TMC, too, it seems like it's a good game. Are there any traits in Minish Cap, if you've played it, that you think might be passed down to Skyward Sword.

Games from the same directors often feel very similar. Just look at Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess from Eiji Aonuma. I mean already we see similarities. People are saying Skyward Sword looks like a 3D version of Minish Cap

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
To add another similarity, MC was obviously intended to be an origin game, but moved late in or just after development (with the removal of the MS, et. al.) SS seems to be taking its place as a 'second try' for Fujibayashi.
MC turned out very well, and I'm confident that adding what he's learned from that, PH, and ST, SS should be even better.
Aonuma's the producer, right? I hope he's able to push the story in the direction he'd intended for it when he wrote that of TP. Of course, I hope he leaves all the gameplay stuff to Fujibayashi, as he's proven to be much better at that.

I don't think it will effect to game too much, I think it will be very similar to the other Zelda games. It's not like they'd let him change it completely.

Cool topic though, I'd like to see what other peoples opinions are!

I don't think it will effect to game too much, I think it will be very similar to the other Zelda games. It's not like they'd let him change it completely.

Cool topic though, I'd like to see what other peoples opinions are!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, that kinda surprised me a little bit. He's created three gems already (every Zelda game is a gem, no matter how much people say the DS games suck), so why would he suddenly fall flat and ruin Skyward Sword?

I think that he'll do great with Skyward Sword, and from what we've heard about it so far, I think it's gonna be great just like every other Zelda game and with him directing the game. I think that only gives us more of a reason to look foward to the game.

I'm actually very excited he is the director. He will do great! Didn't he direct the Oracle games as well? He made some great stuff. I'm confident he will help make it even better!

It actually strikes em as something good. I like the side quests and weapons ideas in these games, so it just makes me feel harder to hold expectations about SS having some tricks for us to surprise us in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom