• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom The depths are so scary!

do the depths creep you out?

• no

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • yes

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Ninja

Well well well
They were a bit ominous at first however once you get used to it and accumulate the eventual 349085903830 brightbloom seeds, it's not so bad.

I like being able to see, so sometimes I'll spend a bit of time hoverbiking to the lightroots.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I love the Depths. The darkness and the comparatively alien environment worked really well together. Gradually lighting up the place as I explored was a really fun sense of progression. It also scratches the itch of exploring and filling in a big map piece by piece AND the itch of making lots of different numbers go up (zonaite, poes, lightroots, crystalized charges, etc). My brain likes both of these things a lot. The lore surrounding it also fascinates me, as it's very likely purgatory as a real place in the world. Also the way a Bargainer statue could momentarily hijack a Goddess statue during the Great Plateau quest has really, really intriguing implications. There's just a lot about it that I find neat. Just kinda wish there were more freaky alien things down there that were out to get you. The way Froxes were described as "you only see a sparkle of ore in the darkness and then you die" was cool. I wanted more stuff like that unique to the Depths. That's about my only real complaint with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom