• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Definitive Zelda Game

I'm going to be boring & predictable here and say Ocarina of Time. Love it or hate it, it set the groundwork for every 3D Zelda that followed it and the formula still hasn't changed all that much.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ocarina of Time is the game that all other Zelda games want to be. That is the game Miyamoto wishes to top.
OOT set the formula for all 3D zelda to come, there is no game which defines Zelda or Gaming more. It is the most critically acclaimed game of all time for a reason.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I always think that the game that is the best to start out with in the series is also the most definitive. ALttP and OoT are by far the two most symbolic games in the Zelda series and are great for newcomers and really gives you a picture of how the entire series is as a whole.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Gotta be the Oracle games without a doubt.

LOL JK

Ocarina of time, duh. While ALttP set up the current Zelda formula, OoT was the first ever 3D Zelda and set standards not only for every Zelda game to come, but gaming in general.
OoT basically spawned combat in a 3D game, and without OoT, gaming wouldn't be what it is today. Plus it created Z-targeting, it's the game that the timeline is based off of, it has that classic Zelda story, and has one of the best and DEFINITELY most memorable soundtracks of the franchise.

The fact that it's the highest rated videogame of all time speaks for itself.

Ocarina of Time is definitely the most definitive Zelda game. Skyward Sword & Wind Waker are my favorites, but I can say that OOT is certainly the most definitive.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Ocarina of Time. Definitely. It is by far the most regarded, and praised Zelda to date, and it feels like Nintendo is always striving to make a better game than it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I say A Link to the Past. In my mind, A Link to the Past is the best (not my favorite) Zelda game, and no Zelda game can get more definitive than A Link to the Past. It does the best job as serving as a template, as it introduced so many new ideas and concepts that future Zelda games use. Thus, it also represents the Zelda series the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom