• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Definitive Apple Tier List.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I love apples, they're my favorite fruit, and my comfort food. If I feel sad, I have an apple, and I generally feel better.

If something has apples in it, I'll probably like it, like apple pie, applesauce, apple cider, hard apple cider (Angry Orchard is a mainstay), caramel apples.

But some apples are better than others.

I define a good apple in terms of the crunch factor, and taste. It's got to have a good crunch, and generally taste good.

So I present to you, the definitive apple tier list. Which strains of apples do you think are the best? Let me know what you think. Let's have a discussion!

Or you can say, "Who gives a crap about apples? Just eat them ya nerd!" Which, fair.

S TIER:

This tier includes the best apples known to mankind. The kind of apples that are must-haves.

Granny Smith Apples: Green and tart, with the best crunch factor, and they pair awesomely with caramel dip. A great S tier apple.

Sugar Bees: Like Fuji apples they have a good crunch factor, and a sweeter taste than Fuji apples.

Pacific Rose Apples: A great apple with a good crunch factor and a really pleasantly sweet taste. It works great in desserts. Especially apple pies.

A TIER:

This tier includes really, really good apples. They are the exceptional ones that maybe you should think about buying.

Pink Lady Apples: Great apple with a decent crunch, and a nice, crispy flavor that's a bit more tart than Fuji apples.

Ruby Frost Apples: They have a good crunch factor, and not as sour as Granny Smith.

Honeycrisp Apples: Nice and crisp. Expensive though.

B TIER:

This tier includes decent apples. Your average joes. Apples you've probably had, just they never stood out.

Gala Apples: Your average, everyday apple. Very common, and has a good taste. Very versatile too.

Fuji Apples: Like gala apples, but crisper in taste. A good, solid B tier apple.

Peru Apples: Really crunchy, but taste like a weak gala.

Macintosh Apples: Soft and sweet. Tastes nothing like a computer, though.

Mutsu Apples: The anime apple. Has the flavor of golden delicious, but a better crunch. However, they are massive, so eating one on its own is a feat.

C TIER:

This tier includes below average apples. They still have redeeming qualities to use in cooking, baking, drinking, or brewing, but are just not the best on their own.

Golden Delicious Apples: More mushy than your standard apples. Great for applesauce.

Jazz Apples: An apple that has a great name, but don't taste all that... jazzy to me.

D TIER:

This tier includes apples you will never buy again. They're not even fit to use in cooking, baking, drinking, or brewing, and on their own, they just suck.

Red Delicious Apples: The skin is too thick, and the flavor is uninspiring, and if you get a bad one, they're mushy and don't have a good crunch factor.

Braeburn Apples: They're crunchy, but the taste is like it's trying too hard to be tart and sweet at the same time. Just pick one, dammit.

Last edited:

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I had a weird thought about jazz apples pop them in a jazz car with jazz music playing...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't like apples. I don't like the plain fruit any type that I have tried. Ive tried a lot of different types too. I don't like the juice either normal or cider. Don't like apple sweets, apple pie, apple shisha, I don't like apple air freshener, aerosolised or the ones that you hang in the car. It's just not for me. I think apple juice is the most putrid, everything else is just mild yuck.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I don't like apples. I don't like the plain fruit any type that I have tried. Ive tried a lot of different types too. I don't like the juice either normal or cider. Don't like apple sweets, apple pie, apple shisha, I don't like apple air freshener, aerosolised or the ones that you hang in the car. It's just not for me. I think apple juice is the most putrid, everything else is just mild yuck.
It's okay.

That comment read like Green Eggs and Ham, which brought me no end of delight.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Fine give me all your apple juice since you obviously can't appreciate it

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's okay.

That comment read like Green Eggs and Ham, which brought me no end of delight.
I do not like them here or there
I do not like them anywhere

Fine give me all your apple juice since you obviously can't appreciate it
Fine
c3eMZ2.gif

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
huh doctors really hate apples after all

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love jazz apples lol, they are a nice size and perfect a little under-ripe. S tier for me.

A lot of these I haven't tried, but of the ones I have I'd probably mostly agree. Maybe fuji in A tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom