• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Curse of Demise

Alright, so I went through and beat Hero Mode, which I've been able to do for quite a while now, and I've decided that Demise is...well, just read this

“Those like you… Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero… They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!” Honestly, the second I read this, I thought, okay, so this is the idiot who is in charge of Ganon coming back again and again and again until you wonder why he doesn’t stop. But it gets worse: He is every single darn final boss in Zelda HISTORY! For those of you who thought that that was bad, you might want to stop reading, because I’m about to go on a major rant.

Okay, if you didn’t deduce like I did from the quoted text: Demise literally is Ganondorf, and it seems that that is his preferred form whenever he tries to fulfill the curse. It seems from Demise’s curse that he is a bit obsessed with defeating Link, no? Basically, put in English, the curse says that he is any and every final boss ever in the history of Zelda. Just to let you know, I think that makes him such a nuisance that I don’t know how to describe it. Also known as: He is these four absolutely annoying losers: Ganon, Vaati, Bellum, Majora’s Mask and Malladus.

Then there’s the fact that he even HAS Vaati, Belllum, Majora’s Mask and Malladus. I mean: Vaati is just this freak that tried to take power that got turned into a GOD. He is just this sorry little loser who stole a HAT and turned into a freaking WIND GOD! Taken into account, why isn’t the WIND God the final boss of WIND Waker? Then there’s Bellum, who is just this guy that randomly appears with no intent of stealing the Triforce: all he wants is to suck the life force out of every living thing. WHY??? Okay, I must admit, Majora’s Mask is a very evil and deceptive…thing. I can’t really insult any more that I did in Majora’s Mask: The Evil Resonating. Finally, we have Malladus, who can’t take his own physical form. How lame is that? First he possesses Zelda (Twilight Princess, anyone?) and then when he’s thwarted by Zelda’s spirit, he takes control of Chancellor Cole and becomes a giant freaking PIG! Dude, the pig act is all Ganondorf, don’t go cramping his style. Then there’s the first PIG phase, in which you are defending Zelda. I’m not kidding when I say I beat it with 2 hearts of my 15 even when I used two full life-restoring potions just because of when he is spitting all those rocks and making me run across the screen like I’m mentally challenged.

Also, there’s the matter if the Four Swords game for the GameCube: the simple fact that he had the forms of both Vaati and Ganon at the same time. He was both that stupid eye thing (weak) and his stupid pig thing (weaker, if at all possible) in one darn game. I mean come on, at least don’t give us like five billion extra lives before we get to the end of the game.

Finally, the bomb that is so big that I wasn’t going to mention it until now. Okay, we all know, or at least we should, that Skyward Sword is the origin game of the Legend of Zelda, so therefore it explains Ganondorf, that crazy black ginger that keeps trying to reap souls of the princess at random just for power. So knowing that, let’s take a look at Demise, OoT Ganon, WW Ganon, and the awesome TP Ganon. Demise: he is rather basic, using only his own brute strength and his sword, while he has the power of magic in an overabundance. Then we look at OoT Ganon, who has the insight to make a single clone of himself in a partial attempt to stall you and to assess your strength. Then he uses magic in an abundance to attempt a kill on you in his first phase, and then crushes the castle. When that fails, he resorts to using his last bit of power to transform himself into that infernal pig, but wielding two giant swords that are at least two times as big as Link. WW Ganon, he uses multiple and many different Phantom Ganon’s to distract you and know your power. After that, he becomes a puppet, and what is one of his forms for anything but…another stinking PIG! After that he relies on his own agility and swords to kill you. Then we take a look at TP Ganon, he has the insight to hide his own doings in the game with the act of giving Zant power, and only revealing himself through the Seven (well, six) Sages more than halfway through the game, and then fully through Zant. During the fight he possesses Zelda (Malladus, anyone?), and uses bits of each of their power to combine magic and swordplay, however minimal. Then, when Midna thwarts that one: he becomes another…FREAKING…PIG!!! Seriously, how many times can he become a pig and still enjoy it. (Um…any handheld, Four Swords for the GC, OoT, WW, and TP.) But wait: there’s more! You then duel him on horseback, in which Zelda uses light arrows to go all beast on him if you can keep your lock, and he only attacks you two ways: summoning demon horse riders, and swinging his sword. Finally, you get down to the last phase of this battle (took long enough) and it’s all melee: sword on sword. He has a multiple of attacks and ways to just go completely beast on you if you try to attack save when you have to button mash before actually dealing him true damage.
Long story short: save SS, which is the origin game, Demise is been gaining power if you head forwards through the Console games.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Demise is dead. His conciousness was absorbed into the master sword to be broken down and destroyed. His hate alone survived and Ganon is the incarnation of that hatred, his flaming form is even described as his hatred and malice.
Vaati is not linked to Demise as he was corrupted by the hearts of men.
Demise is not Majora for they exist in parallel worlds.

Guys, if he said that he would come back again and again reincarnated, dude that guys is powerful. It happened. Also, if you think about it, the "Dark Tribe" that created the Mask very well could've been Ghirahim or Demise. The reincarnation deal is really just a...way of dealing with Link again and again. Also, my thoughts on the PIG he constantly turns into is just how chaotic wild boars are when they are provoked, but either way, they kinda overdo it

As Ganonking already stated, Demise is dead after the events of SS as his consciousness is sealed in the master sword in the past part of SS and overtime his consciousness fades away. Ganondorf is not a literal reincarnation of Demise. What he is, is an incarnation of Demise's Hatred and as far as we know he is the only incarnation unless Nintendo or another Zelda game in the future says otherwise. While it is possible that every other villain is an incarnation of Demise's Hatred, we simply cannot confirm it nor deny it. Demise's Curse is less of a literal promise to haunt the Spirit of the Hero and the Blood of the Goddess as it is an explanation that as long as the world exists there will be evil that will rise to oppose good.

The Dark Tribe is also another mysterious entity in the Zeldaverse. We are given vague information on them and none of it points towards either Demise or Ghirahim being a part of it. As far as we know they made Majora's Mask and then simply vanished although there are popular theories that they were the original inhabitants of Stone Tower Temple in Ikana Canyon.

Ganondorf's transformation to "pig form" or Ganon is going to be a common thing in the series because that was the original form for the character when he was just refered to as Ganon. He only really changes from human to beast in OoT and TP. Any other appearance as Ganon is because that is the state he was to begin with in the game (ie; LoZ, ALttP, OoX, and FSA). We see Ganondorf's first transformation in the ending of OoT and it doesn't seem to be a conscious decision to turn into Ganon, more of an emotional rage that he enters where he unleashes the power of the Triforce of Power. The same thing seems to be apparent in TP, he resorts to a bestial form under pressure and intense rage.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Guys, if he said that he would come back again and again reincarnated, dude that guys is powerful. It happened. Also, if you think about it, the "Dark Tribe" that created the Mask very well could've been Ghirahim or Demise. The reincarnation deal is really just a...way of dealing with Link again and again. Also, my thoughts on the PIG he constantly turns into is just how chaotic wild boars are when they are provoked, but either way, they kinda overdo it

I'm pretty sure the Dark Tribe is supposed to be the tribe Demise was so clearly the leader of, making him the King of Darkness. It's a real shame Nintendo didn't attempt to depict that story in Skyward Sword. It was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Maybe nintendo would rather do that in the future. There's a lot of sub-stories that haven't been explored in play form yet.

Anyway, as it's been said, Demise is not every boss. However, even if he was, I think that would be cool.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Demise himself is not every boss, no. The closest and most accurate thing we can say is that Demise's hatred is contained in every final boss; the curse hasn't been ended so there's no reason to say that the hatred has died off just yet.

I believe Aonuma did say that the game'll touch on the origins of Ganondorf, so maybe the hatred is bound solely to Ganondorf and not others like Malladus or Vaati. Still, I'll stick to my guns and won't back down -- the hatred in my opinion is within every final boss until Nintendo proves me otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom