• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Spider

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
By after do you mean on the vote log? KoD's auto vote always shows up prior to the vote that triggers it. KoD and I were in the process of discussing if his mark would have an effect on funnier, as that's where he was planning on placing it.

As for thresholds, having some extremely low aren't unheard of. Especially if Poy's death is meant to trigger Max Carnage. Zinger would want big red to have a full chance at taking the stage.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
poy already died in the past (he was NK'd N1), and the carnage time travel message wasn't posted until 2 days after he died i think, at the start of today iirc

Day 4.png

What Does it Mean to be "Goblin-Aligned"?
By Betty Brant-Leeds

After a frustrating attempt to learn the truth from Norman Osborn himself, I was forced to go about things in a less direct fashion and investigate one of his underlings, a man known as "Paranoid King". Investigation into his win condition has revealed the following:

• His must serve his Masters faithfully in eliminating Spider-Man. Note the "s". This section of the role is not bolded, but the "s" is potentially informative about the nature of the Goblin faction.
  • He wins if the following is true when the game ends:
    • Norman Osborn has won.
    • The REAL Spider-Man has lost.
This has answered many questions, but it has also served to deepen the mystery further in some regards. What does Norman Osborn himself need to do in order to win? Surely what I've learned means he is not Goblin-Aligned, but still the leader of the faction? Who are these multiple masters? Are they the scum team or multiple goblins?

While we might not have all the answers, you—the reader—have the power to go out and use this knowledge to make a difference.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 3

Bugle Mailbag
DISCLAIMER: The below claims may or may not be true! The Daily Bugle can't vouch for any hearsay from its readers, though we appreciate your enthusiasm!

The Jackal said:
Trial or Party? You decide!

One Hero.
His Defense attorney.
4 villains as the prosecution.
And a grand Judge, who has been photographed:

What.jpg

It sounds like a Court Trial, right? But what if it's not?

"Holy @#$% this is more than a Kangaroo court, it's a damn clown fiesta!" Kaine shouted as he proceeded to chug a beer.

Maybe at one time this was a serious trial, but it devolved fast. It seems like it was so long ago when there was order in the court. Peter Parker was on the stand, Scrier adjusted his glasses (he was really taking this thing seriously at the time, he was dressed in a nice suit and had played a lot of Ace Attorney in preparation).

"You know what else comes with great power?..." he proposed, with a long pause afterwards. We were all in suspense at his follow up statement. "...more great power!" he concluded, slamming his fist on a nearby table.

This was the extent of the productivity of the trial. Things quickly unraveled further.

"Zinger, play Despacito!" Spider-Carnage demanded. Once things had gone out of control, I asked Spider-Carnage about his thoughts on the trial. "This is more than a Kangaroo court, it's the entire country of Australia!" He responded. In an attempt to steer things back on track, he began a bargain with Parker. "How about this… we play Connect 4 to decide the outcome!" He said. Perhaps this was progress?

So, amidst the "Trial" we all gave in to vice and watched as Parker and Spider-Carnage played Connect 4. Eventually, they moved on to a gripping game of Othello. Kaine continued referencing Kangaroo courts and clown fiestas, to which Spider-Carnage replied, "Kaine isn't a clown, he isn't even the circus, he's the entire entertainment industry! I'm Mr. Airplane, and this is your last flight pal! A kangaroo court is still a court, sweetie, and the Judge is telling you to sit down while the defendant plays Othello with the prosecution!"

The party… I mean Trial, had peak phases of pure debauchery, followed by exhaustion, but things always picked back up at points. I brought out some Skittles at one such peak point, and played “Ain’t Nothin’ But A Good Time”. Spider-Carnage, who was a wee bit tipsy, leaned over to me, “I wrote ‘Ain’t Nothin’ But A Good Time’!” he remarked with a chuckle.

Peter Parker had partook of the Skittles and the Ju Jubes and was having a rush. He got all sentimental and wrote a message he hoped to pass along to others.

“Killing off demons is something rather intense. Get him tonight… Venom counts as a demon, right?” Parker inquired.

“He is an alien actually” I interjected.

“Demon, alien, close enough!” Parker muttered.

“Our Martian friends would like a word.” Judas Traveller added.

Will we all still be sane by the end of this? Are we becoming addicts from all this excess? I guess we’ll soon find out. Our most recent endeavor has been forming a Band, we like to call ourselves “Judas and the Travellers”. We have Scrier on Kazoo, Peter Parker on the Triangle, and I will play the slide whistle. We are currently looking for someone to play the Otamatone, otherwise, we are going to take the world by storm! Well, that is if we can get out of this wild party. Did I mention John Travolta is here? As always, stay chill, and eat Skittles in healthy moderation! ;)

- The Jackal

Dear Jackal,

Thanks for the inside scoop, we couldn't get a reporter in the courtroom.

-Ed.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 5

Editor's Note

Dear Readers,

I've got another handful of photos today from our talented friend Peter Parker.

The first photo was commissioned of Ragnarokio, who appears to be Doctor Octopus:

doc ock.jpg

Next we've got two photos taken by our friend Peter Parker:

The Green Goblin Avatar.png

Scarlet Spider Avatar.png

Of course, it comes as no surprise to me that the Green Goblin and Scarlet Spider are both somewhere in the city.

Please write more letters. We only got one, albeit a good one and it gets lonely in the Bugle office sometimes.

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 6

Puppy Corner

Puppy4.jpg

After consulting with our staff and psychological professionals, we've decided that puppies were an appropriate means of helping people process this mafia game in a healthy way.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 7

Daily Funny

Calvin4.png

Ugh. It is impossible to keep up with this stuff, especially since most of the action happens while I'm sleeping (please be kind to us Europeans). I've decided to burn the midnight oil tonight because I didn't get to say anything during the day.

First point: please chill, everyone. Quick lynches are not necessarily good for us. If there are vote interactions we want to try, let one or two people try them, and then hold off until we get a vote count. I'm just glad we still got a Bugle.

Second point: I am struggling with the idea of whether all of us who haven't claimed yet should do so. In ASSM2, it was important to keep role names secret because certain people (especially the Hobgoblin) could use that information for nefarious purposes. Basically, do we put the last hidden townies at risk (which could include both MJ and Betty Brant) in order to make it harder for scum to hide, or do we believe that more info is always better for town? I'm willing to put my claim out there if a majority of the currently unclaimed players agree that mass claiming is good, but until then I will prefer not to show my cards. However, because I was asked straight out, I will say that I am not Carnage (although, if it is true that Carnage does have his own alignment, any claims about the role would also be claims about the alignment and thus not covered by my NLP).

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
We saw somewhere someone wanted to know Win cons of the Spiders. As a Self- Aligned, our goal is to Survive. We are surprised we have at this point. Perhaps no one can really die now.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
We saw somewhere someone wanted to know Win cons of the Spiders. As a Self- Aligned, our goal is to Survive. We are surprised we have at this point. Perhaps no one can really die now.
you’re venom right?

““Killing off demons is something rather intense. Get him tonight… Venom counts as a demon, right?” Parker inquired.”

any idea on what this is referring to?

funnier6

Courage~
SMS and Funnier have basically outed themselves entirely, i just don't know what the name of their alignment is,
I'm Traveller aligned, not that means anything anymore :V

You already know sms's, he's literally town aligned and mafia aligned at the same time which yes I know that for fact
What exactly do you have to offer us now that the trial has fallen through though. Also, whats your alignment and do you count as a threat to town?
I'm still working out the kinks on some of my abilities, but at the very least I'm fairly certain I have one of the strongest if not the strongest investigative powers in the game, which I've only had the opportunity to use a couple times. You'd have to trust me about it obviously, but whatever I think is worth sharing is going to go into the paper. For example, I know that sms was telling the truth about everything. Neither of us know when the event occurs that makes him fully town but we've been working on it.

At present my only wincon is the unachievable get Spiderman to admit responsibility for all the evil etc etc but I'm trying to obtain a new wincon so stay tuned for that. I am considered a Threat to town but I dont consider myself one if that floats your boat. Since I would've left the game immediately after Spidey pleaded guilty town could still win just after I'd left. Anyways I dont care about any of that and would not be opposed to exiling myself or suicide or whatever at the end of this to ensure a town win, though I plan on getting that town wincon first. I may try to get rid of the threat to town status as well but one impossible thing at a time.

Also I'm very disinclined to help PK achieve his motivation ever especially since I googled him and apparently he betrays me.

Also also I'm posting at night because I can

Scarlet Spider

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Hey funsies what are these super impossible for you to have achieved prereqs for Rubik you culting people?

funnier6

Courage~
Hey funsies what are these super impossible for you to have achieved prereqs for Rubik you culting people?
It was a point system, when I reached ten points I could cult the entire active player pool, I gained a point every time I used an active ability, I started at 3 and was at 6 points at the time that I became Traveller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom