• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like we're probably just going to have 24 players. I will, of course, still keep the sign-ups open till Tuesday, just in case, but no sign-ups in the past several days suggests we've hit our critical mass.

I'm starting to do some prep work on the roles. Just going over everything making sure it's good to go. I literally designed this years ago so... Refreshing my memory on it is a thing.

Once we've passed our Tuesday deadline and the sign-ups close, the game thread will go up first and then I will randomly determine who gets what roles (with some notable exceptions who get handpicked roles). After that, I will start slowly passing out the roles. Giving out the roles in a game this large is a time-consuming process. It took me around 2 days of near-constant work to dish out all the roles for A Spider-Man Mafia 2, and this one is larger. I expect it could take me up to 3 days to give out all the roles for this game. Why does it take so long? Because I'm anal and I proof-read every single role PM before I hit send. One last quality check, if you will. If all goes according to plan, Day 1 will start no later than Friday. Maybe Thursday, if I'm speedy and you're lucky.

I hope you're all ready for this monstrously large game. It's a doozy.

I can't believe we're actually about to play it. I pretty much never thought this day would come.

Poyzin

I DID eat Doc, I promise!
Time to start plotting who Zinger would pick for handpicked roles. :suspicious:

Time to start plotting who Zinger would pick for handpicked roles. :suspicious:

Rag is right in that I'm probably a hand picked scarlet spider. Fred was Norman Osborne in both other installments, so is likely going to be Norman again if there is a Norman role in this one. The Carnage role is usually picked per who Zinger feels would best suit the theatrics of the role, I believe.

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
Hmm, doesn't that make it less fun? Or maybe I should just say less random.

Last edited:
Carnage was hand picked in game 2 to be played by the original player, who is not playing in this one. Will we see a Hobgoblin return?

Oh, also an important note for people who did not play the first two games: a role which is typically a villain in the comics is not automatically scum in these games. Norman Osborn/Green Goblin and Venom have all been either Town or Town compatible in the previous games.

Hmm, doesn't that make it less fun? Or maybe I should just say less random.
In a game with 24 players, having one or two handpicked roles doesn't make that much of a difference, no.

Players might get preferential treatment for receiving a particular role if that role was played by them in a previous installment of A Spider-Man Mafia. You show up for multiple of these games in a row, you get sweet perks. What can I say? I like seeing familiar faces.

Course, I might purposefully not give people the roles they expect just to throw you all off....

If I'd known nobody else was going to sign up, I'd have started the game a week ago. Oh well.

One more day and I close sign-ups for real. Then the game begins.

If you're on the fence, it is really your last chance to sign-up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom