• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Civil War

The summer day is hot and sticky even here in Maine. Andrew is waiting in line to sign-up for the Union even though he hates the idea of fighting his best friend.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Clarisse joined the line, trying not to seem suspiscious. She'd cut her hair (her beautiful hair...), she'd wrapped her chest, she'd stolen some of her dad's old clothes, she looked for all the world like a guy. She was fine. She was fine.

She ran her fingers through her depressingly short hair, not quite believing it.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Colonel Mustang stood by the man taking names for the army, looking over the somewhat pathetic soldiers joining.

I hope this works out for us...

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Clarisse spotted someone looking at her, gave him an awkward smile/awkward-single-chuckle combo, took her fingers out of her hair and looked away, hoping to not get attention.

"Are you even old enough to be here?" He has a deep southern drawl on his voice, behind it, well she can't place it.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Yes I am." She replied to the guy, glaring. She naturally had a low voice for a girl, so it wasn't too hard to lower her voice a bit more and sound like a perfectly good guy.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"I may look young, but I can handle myself just as well as anyone here." She said confidently. "If not better." OK, that was a bit of a stretch, but she'd been trained well. She knew she could handle anything this army threw at her.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Colonel Mustang watched the line move along, except for one part... He ignored it for a few seconds as the line moved, but then he noticed that a brown haired man was holding up the line by talking to a young boy.

"Let's keep this moving soldiers," Mustang said with a stern look.

He sighs and shakes his head turning back. "I just wish Steph was here." He mutters his southern accent gone in a heartbeat.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Clarisse just moved ahead in the line, not saying anything. She was known to have a mouth on her, and in the army, that was bad. Wouldn't do to get kicked out of the army before she even got in it.

The man gets to the table. "Andrew Lawrence Johnston. Age 23." The man nods and writes him down. "Job?" "I work at a gerenal store." He sounds like he belongs in the North. He looks towards the colonel.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
"Good enough, keep moving and the Major will show you what do to at camp," Mustang said motioning to the major a few feet behind him with some other gathering soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom