• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Chosen Ones

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
What reasoning do you think Hylia used when picking the two destined to save the world? Was it completely random, or not?

I think we can say it was somewhat random, but only for one. Hylia knew she was losing the war, so she had to transfer her soul ASAP. Maybe the host had to be at a certain stage of development, before actually being born, and Zelda was the only one who fit that standard.

For Link, I think he wasn't chosen until way later. He had the strongest bond with Zelda among the young males, Hylia needed her chosen hero and her host to have that sort of chemistry. Or else her plan would be a flop...

Discuss.

Last edited:
well, *coughs* I of everybody should know. i mean , look at my name <---
Hylia probably chose Zelda because she had all the qualities needed to be Hylia. i mean, just imagine someone else.
The cook? One of the kids? One of the mother's of skyloft? (seriously imagine your mom being Hylia) My point is Zelda was just right for Hylia.

As for Link, he had to do many many scary scary trials in another dimension with guardians with gigantic swords that run after you and everything turns red and the music and the ghosts and the water and the HORROR OF IT ALL!!!!!! my point being, he had alot to do to be the_chosen_one XD XD.

.....I don't think the point of Hylia being Zelda is because she necessarily chose Zelda. She was thinking "Hey, let me use my godly powers and reincarnate myself in xxx years." Zelda is Hylia, just with a bit of amnesia at first so she could live a normal life with Link.

As for Link, I guess Hylia liked his eyes or something.

Dragoncat

the_chosen_one said:
As for Link, he had to do many many scary scary trials in another dimension with guardians with gigantic swords that run after you and everything turns red and the music and the ghosts and the water and the HORROR OF IT ALL!!!!!! my point being, he had alot to do to be the_chosen_one XD XD.
Yeah lol...the silent realms are a pain in the butt. I think he was chosen before that though, the silent realms were just tests.

surferguy7 said:
.....I don't think the point of Hylia being Zelda is because she necessarily chose Zelda. She was thinking "Hey, let me use my godly powers and reincarnate myself in xxx years." Zelda is Hylia, just with a bit of amnesia at first so she could live a normal life with Link.
Like I said, Zelda was probably the only one that fit that certain standard, so Hylia really didnt have much choice.

surferguy7 said:
As for Link, I guess Hylia liked his eyes or something.
xD He does have cute eyes...

Like I said, Zelda was probably the only one that fit that certain standard, so Hylia really didnt have much choice.

But the way you're wording it is odd. By saying she thought Zelda fit the bill, you're under the assumption that Zelda is essentially a different person from Hylia. It's not like Zelda was born and Hylia decided to transfer herself to that body. They're the same person, but with different names.

Dragoncat

But the way you're wording it is odd. By saying she thought Zelda fit the bill, you're under the assumption that Zelda is essentially a different person from Hylia. It's not like Zelda was born and Hylia decided to transfer herself to that body. They're the same person, but with different names.
Meh. I always saw Zelda as being a host for Hylia, not the other way around, but it can go either way.

I kinda thought of it like surferguy7, Zelda as a mortal incarnation of Hylia. As for Link... I don't know, maybe he was the one that was most brave and willing to sacrifice to help Zelda/Hylia, I guess

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Hmm...well Hylia probably chose Zelda first and then chose Link because of his close relationship with Zelda. Also as for Link's parents, I don't think they were shown...I mean in fairness, Skyloft is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to small to support a civilization. There isn't enough room for food, there isn't enough people to populate the surface without weirdness, and most-of-all there actually aren't enough houses for the number of people in skyloft. :/ Logically we aren't see the whole picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom