• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors the champion switch feature is a godsend

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
holy quacamole family, I just bought Hyrule Warriors Legends (shaved 6.75% off the MSRP too), and am working my way through the campaign. Just beat Faron Woods. And let me say that, graphics and SFX aside, HW3D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HWHD. Why? Well the Hero Change feature, or whatever it is called. It's grand. At any moment when things are going south for one of my keeps, I can tap on the bottom screen and direct any of my other playable characters to said keep, and they ACTUALLY DEFEND IT. It's a far cry from HW Wii U when encampments get taken over in seconds because the AI - team or otherwise - is so bad.

So what do you guys think about the hero change feature? :^)

I understand why the 3DS got this feature, as it was taken from a later Warriors game and ported to HWL. Why the WiiU did not get this feature in an update is beyond me though. I understand that the 3DS has 3DS only content. That's fair as there needs to be a carrot to get the 3DS version. But this hero change feature is so central to the game experience, so much so that without it, the game is a totally different experience. I really hope KT patch it in the WiiU version.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
SOmething i think no ones really noticed yet but i wanna point out, you can have them follow your active player, yeah think on that 4 hero fighters hitting the same keep in one go, the enemies aren't the one getting the keep in seconds it's you, not to mention if you have multiple heroes on a boss, literally the greatest thing ever.

I'm glad this is just a 3DS version to be honest it's far easier to do it on 3ds than it'd be on Wii U. Though i daresay people will complain about that.

{Edit} guess somebody did complain already

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The ability to change between players in an instant has definitely saved me a few times. I pre-ordered HWL, and have been playing it all day today. As for the AI, it's alright in my opinion. Could be better, but overall not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom