• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Bully

For those didn't play the E3 demo like myself, during the bird riding stage, there is a character a bit older than Link, whose hair reminds me of Turbo Warrior from Yu-gi-oh 5D's, who enters this competition with his two lackeys. During the event, he knocks Link aside, saying that he wants the glory and has his boys throw eggs at Link. It was of course confirmed by Aounoma that this character is a school bully with a thing for Zelda that pretty much is a foil for Link.

I'm curious about it though, do YOU guys think there should be a bully type character for Link? I mean, there was Mido, so we know this isn't knew. Except this bully will apparently be appearing a lot more.

Personally, as I said in the news topic's comment section, I do like the idea of the main character having a bully type character to contend with. While they are usually cliche, uninteresting and often are cruel for no good reason, they sort of present a change in the main character. Take for example, Flash Thompson from Spider-Man. When Peter Parker was still an average bookworm, Flash Thompson was pretty much the worst person in the world for him. As he became Spider-Man, Peter grew in confidence, maturity, bravery, and standing up against people who made Flash look wimpy in comparison, helped him shape into the kind of person Flash regrets tormenting when he was younger. This is sort of something I wanted to see in earlier titles, when Link starts there's this total jerk who hits on girls, brags about his skills, and treats people who don't respect him like dirt, but in an actual fight against monsters, he's incompetent. He would witness Link's growth and come to see he isn't the useless wimp he always thought he was, but was twice the person he could never be. I'm actually hoping for this kind of development in Skyward Sword.

Sage of Darkness

The Different Sage...
I think it's going to be great. A bully that will might appear when you least expect it. Now I imagine myself pissed of because he is going to annoy me just like Navi did. Now I'm smiling because.........THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
What he could mean by "appearing more often" could mean he turns bad (lol "to the dark side"). He could hate Link so much that he goes with the bad guy and Link would half to fight him at some point. I know it's kinda cheesy but hey it could happen. But maybe he could be like what you said before.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
it would be cool if at some point in the game skyloft is attacked by ghirahim (or maybe some other monster) and link saves the bullys life. or somthing like that.

What he could mean by "appearing more often" could mean he turns bad (lol "to the dark side"). He could hate Link so much that he goes with the bad guy and Link would half to fight him at some point. I know it's kinda cheesy but hey it could happen. But maybe he could be like what you said before.

Or quite the opposite, maybe he will notice link needs someone to help (although he will probably not be to big of one) he will feel guilty for all he has done to him, and put all his effort to trying to save him from what might be giving link a set back.

And maybe there is a reason why he hates link. Maybe its 'cause the girl of his dreams is all over link, or maybe its a deeper reason, and maybe he hates him for what links father did, (who we probably never see, he probably died or something but his grudge is still there) and he can't get over it... :/

A

Augonator

Links Rival

Some people have been saying that link is going to have some sort of a rival in school and I was thinking, what if this rival eventually becomes some form of ganondorf. Maybe he is going to a young Ganondorf like the age of link, it would be a lot more personal.

skybird11

state alchemist
its already been confirmed that ganon is not in the game. for now he is just a simple school rival but anything could happen to him.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I know it won't be Ganondorf because *SPOILER WARNING* Ganondorf was confirmed to not be in Skyward Sword. I believe that this rival will be another student and you will probably encounter him many times in the game. I have two theories. The first one is that Link and his rival might end up becoming best friends after many events in the game. My second theory is that the rival will become evil and may be a key antagonist.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
No, I don't think so. It has been confirmed that Gannondorf is not going to be in SS. He could have a school rival though, like in OoT. But, even if he does have a rival, they probably won't be a main part of the story. Just a side character.

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
Like Xanthus and skybird11 said, Ganon isn't in SS. But I think that the bully could be important for the story (maybe he is a minor enemy or an ally in the end)

IHNo

The Other Side
Ganondorf has been confirmed to NOT be in this game, so no. And I don't think he'll become our main antagonist (whoever it is) either. He'll probably be annoying and show up later in the game, seeing as he's quite the bully, but I don't think he'll leave that side character role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom