• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Buildings After the Story

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I will not discuss the ending of Skyward Sword for spoiler reasons. Although spoilers are bound to appear anyway.

Everything is an assumption, I have no proofs for this.

~Buildings~

After Skyward Sword ends, Zelda hints living in the surface. So it is more than safe to assume the people of Skyloft moved down towards the surface, which they called after the goddess, Hyrule. (and if they did not name it after the goddess why bother calling it Hyrule anyways). Lets asume the temple where our hero first walked in the surface was turned in the Temple of Timee. I dont see why not, the Master Sword is enshrined there, together with the spirit of Demise, we know the building is capable of sustaining time traveling, all as did the Temple of Time in OoT.

Afterwards they settled around the statue, of course in the future we have no more statue, why is hard to speculate. My best guess is that the now Hylians built the castle either with the statue inside, demolished the statue to replace it with the castle. I mean..why not? We know Zelda is the reincarnation of the goddess, somehow, why would they need a statue of her, when they have HER next to them. Just a possible theory. Most (i hope) will agree with it.

The Isle of Songs...where goddess statues pop out of nowhere, I believe might be later turn into the Sand Temple of OoT, or the Arbitrers Ground from TP, inclining myself to the latter one. The fact to consider the Sand Temple, is because the Isle of Songs is located roughly over the dessert are in SS and the multiple statues that inhabit the tower. The Arbitrers Ground, seems more possible and defendable too. The place is somehow holy, so it would make sense that the sages use it for any of their needs. Again..the statues, in TP you climb a lady statue to drop the stone which works as the gate to the Twilight. Statues everywhere! This is very debatable.

Debate!

Hold on, Mr. Verto. I like your theory. A lot. It's confirmed via the Hyrule Historia that the Sealed Temple is the Temple of Time from Ocarina of Time so let's get that out of the way. I'm not really seeing the connection between the Goddess statue and Hyrule Castle though. Both are located within areas of high vegetation but there is no substantial evidence to support this theory.

There is an obvious resemblance between the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time and Arbiter's Grounds from Twilight Princess but where does the Isle of Songs fit into this puzzle? The area certainly projects a spiritual vibe as the vicinity where harp songs are learned to gain access to Silent Realms but there is no aesthetic similarity to either of the places you mention from Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
There is an obvious resemblance between the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time and Arbiter's Grounds from Twilight Princess but where does the Isle of Songs fit into this puzzle? The area certainly projects a spiritual vibe as the vicinity where harp songs are learned to gain access to Silent Realms but there is no aesthetic similarity to either of the places you mention from Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

I base it of two things:

1. The Isle of Songs is roughly in the dessert area in SS
2. It is a tower, just like the Arbitrers Grounds. Not as a big but a tower nonetheless.

As I said, I have no proof for this, this is my mere speculation.

Hyrule, (HY)lia was the (RULE)r of the kingdom.. so yeah, they probably called it Hyrule because of Hylia being the ruler.. I don't know why I felt that needed to be said.. but I did.

And it was confirmed in Hyrule Historia that your first theory is correct.
As for the isle of songs being Arbiter's Grounds, i'm not so sure of because arbiters grounds and the spirit temple are much larger. However, we only got to see a small bit of the isle of songs, so your idea could be correct upon further investigation. As for now, I don't think there is enough information to prove it a valid theory, aside from location. But if in the future evidence does turn up that proves your theory correct, hats off to you, friend.
I'm not saying I disagree with this theory, I just don't believe there is enough evidence right now to take a position.

Mr. Verto said:
1. The Isle of Songs is roughly in the dessert area in SS

M'kay. Does the Isle of Songs come crashing down to the land below somehow? Skyloft obviously descended at the end of Skyward Sword therefore I'm not discounting this but still not seeing the connection.

Mr. Verto said:
2. It is a tower, just like the Arbitrers Grounds. Not as a big but a tower nonetheless.

I'd like to kill two birds with one stone. Your reply goes in conjunction with this post:

winterbbytumblr said:
As for the isle of songs being Arbiter's Grounds, i'm not so sure of because arbiters grounds and the spirit temple are much larger.

We've already seen remodeling and extensive expansion in the Zelda series prior (afterwards on the timeline though). The Sealed Temple was significantly revamped in order to stand as the Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time many years later. In Twilight Princess the area is in ruin with all but the exception of the pedestal where the Master Sword stands. That said, upon entering the Door of Time Link is transported to the past wherein he enters the Temple of Time as seen in Ocarina of Time. When Link crosses over to the window from which Navi departs he encounters a door and enters the new and hereto unseen dungeon aspect of the building. If the Isle of Songs is indeed larger than it appears than perhaps Verto is correct. You never know what meets the eye in Zelda. The Temple of time isn't an exception to the rule, however, there is also Sky Keep, Lord Jabu-Jabu Belly's etc. These areas appear confined within a small space but are actually larger expanses.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I see where you get the idea of the statue becoming part of or falls on the later site of Hyrule Castle. Okay so we have no technical 'proof' but it does seem to fall roughly there. Also, we never see enough of the inside of the castle even in TP to know what it really looks like on the inside. It seems like an obvious place to start building the castle because it's the first proper building on the surface that isn't a temple.
As for the isle of songs, I don't really see the evidence for that. I mean, yeah it was near the desert but we have to assume the desert is a big place and we only see a bit of it in any of the games. Also there's no evidence to suggest it fell down. It wouldn't have become the Temple of Time, because the Sealed Temple is the Temple of Time. My theory on the temples changing through the games is a seperate issue, which I may make a thread about in the Zelda Theory section. However, I don't think it is the Spirit Temple. Perhaps the Arbiters Grounds, which I agree is more likely if anything. The only real similarity between the OoT Spirit Temple and TP Arbiters Grounds pretty much is symbolism (the Goddess of the Sand, but I think that was placed by the Gerudo's later) and location, though I think Arbiter's Grounds is not in exactly the same place as the Spirit Temple in OoT, just near. Good theory though, well done :)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I will not discuss the ending of Skyward Sword for spoiler reasons. Although spoilers are bound to appear anyway.

Everything is an assumption, I have no proofs for this.

~Buildings~

1.) After Skyward Sword ends, Zelda hints living in the surface. So it is more than safe to assume the people of Skyloft moved down towards the surface, which they called after the goddess, Hyrule. (and if they did not name it after the goddess why bother calling it Hyrule anyways). Lets asume the temple where our hero first walked in the surface was turned in the Temple of Timee. I dont see why not, the Master Sword is enshrined there, together with the spirit of Demise, we know the building is capable of sustaining time traveling, all as did the Temple of Time in OoT.

2.) Afterwards they settled around the statue, of course in the future we have no more statue, why is hard to speculate. My best guess is that the now Hylians built the castle either with the statue inside, demolished the statue to replace it with the castle. I mean..why not? We know Zelda is the reincarnation of the goddess, somehow, why would they need a statue of her, when they have HER next to them. Just a possible theory. Most (i hope) will agree with it.

3.) The Isle of Songs...where goddess statues pop out of nowhere, I believe might be later turn into the Sand Temple of OoT, or the Arbitrers Ground from TP, inclining myself to the latter one. The fact to consider the Sand Temple, is because the Isle of Songs is located roughly over the dessert are in SS and the multiple statues that inhabit the tower. The Arbitrers Ground, seems more possible and defendable too. The place is somehow holy, so it would make sense that the sages use it for any of their needs. Again..the statues, in TP you climb a lady statue to drop the stone which works as the gate to the Twilight. Statues everywhere! This is very debatable.

Debate!
I gave each one of your paragraphs a number.

1.) This is already confirmed by Hyrule Historia. Not only did the Sealed Temple hold the Gate of Time, but also is where the Master Sword resides. It was a little obvious to make that connection after completing the game.

2.) This kind of confuses me. I doubt that citizens of Hyrule would demolish their most prized possession; a statue of the woman who founded their kingdom. That being said, it's more likely that the statue wore away after some time, than Hylians destroying it or moving it.

3.) One word: No. Pics? Yes.
There's no resemblance. I'm sure the Isle of Songs fell somewhere else when plummeting from the sky, but not there.
jpg
Also, as A_LINK_IN_TIME pointed out, the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time has more of a resemblance to the Arbiter's Grounds from Twilight Princess. The Isle of Songs from Skyward Sword doesn't fit in to that at all. I understand that it fell to the surface around the Lanayru region, but it doesn't really make sense.
Desert_Colossus_Artwork.png

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Well, since it is confirmed that the Sealed Temple becomes The Temple of Time from oot, I believe that when everyone moved back to the surface, they built their castle town around the goddess statue. In Oot, The Temple of Time was literally right next to the castle town, as is the goddess statue from SS. I think that eventually, over time the goddess statue eventually crumbled and was replaced by the big fountain that always lies in the middle of Hyrule castle town.

Just my personal theory... I'm really not much of a theorist so its probably wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom