• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Box Art...

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Can anyone translate part of the word to Link's left? You can BARELY see it. Plus, it's upside-down. X_X

attachmentphpJPEGImage621x868pixels2011-08-2916-32-11.png

I was thinking that it was either "Farore" or "Courage," both of which end with an "e." But the last letter (which would be the one to the left if we're looking at it normally) doesn't look anything like a Hylian "e"...

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Box Art SS.jpg

So, I made a little picture to show what text we know already. The ones to the Left of Phi and Link say "Nayru" and "Wisdom" and to the Right it says "Power" and "Din".

Below Link, some of the text to the left is seen, and I assume there's text under his shield. The text to the left, the letter I circled, looks like an upside-down Hylain "L". I don't know if it actually IS an "L", but I can't decipher it.

That's all I got.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
Can anyone translate part of the word to Link's left? You can BARELY see it. Plus, it's upside-down. X_X

attachmentphpJPEGImage621x868pixels2011-08-2916-32-11.png

I was thinking that it was either "Farore" or "Courage," both of which end with an "e." But the last letter (which would be the one to the left if we're looking at it normally) doesn't look anything like a Hylian "e"...

that is the end of the word "Farore" the rest is blocked by Link

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
that is the end of the word "Farore" the rest is blocked by Link

...That last letter should be an "e" then, right? But it's not. It looks more like an "L," just like zeldahuman pointed out.

EDIT: Before the "L" looks like an "o"... And before that, it's either an "m" or a "u," the way I see it.

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
O,L,.jpg

I flipped the image and the last two letters are "O" and "L"... do we know any Zelda words that end in "OL"?

++EDIT++

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the letter before the "OL" is an "R"... so "ROL" is what we have, assume it's an "R".

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hylain ROL.png
ROL.png

So, I took black and highlighted the letters. It's "ROL".. so what Zelda words do we know that end in "ROL"??

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
Guys, even if it may look otherwise, I would think it would be safe to assume it just goes Wisdom, Nayru, Power, Din, Courage, Farore, right?

But can anyone tell me how the one to the left of Phi's head looks like Nayru? I mean I know it probably is, but from the translation I had on my first post, it looks like "Nehru" to me.

EDIT:
Maybe it's the Japanese syllable spelling in romaji for the names, especially since zeldahuman's conclusion came to "ROL". I'll look it up.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
View attachment 16908

So, I took black and highlighted the letters. It's "ROL".. so what Zelda words do we know that end in "ROL"??

ARGH! This is hard. XD

I... can't think of anything. ;_; Maybe they just put that word in there?...

Guys, even if it may look otherwise, I would think it would be safe to assume it just goes Wisdom, Nayru, Power, Din, Courage, Farore, right?

But can anyone tell me how the one to the left of Phi's head looks like Nayru? I mean I know it probably is, but from the translation I had on my first post, it looks like "Nehru" to me.

That's actually what I got when I first translated it, too. But I just decided that since it already had all the clues leading to "Nayru" (Wisdom, Power and Din), it was obviously "Nayru." :)

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer

I got Nayru right from the Get-go. I didn't get "Nehru"... :S

++EDIT++
I went back and checked, it is "Nehru"...

So Vibed, you said something about Romaji Japanese symbols? Can You post these syllables?

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I got Nayru right from the Get-go. I didn't get "Nehru"... :S

Ahh, if you look at the 2nd and 3rd letters, they don't look anything like "ay" at all. XD

EDIT: You know what, I can't think of any Zelda word that ends with "-rol." I'm just gonna assume that it's some Japanese spelling of "courage" or "Farore" that I'm not familiar with... (Although, the Japanese name for Farore should be "Furoru." And then Nayru's is "Nēru"...)

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Here's the japanese romaji for the names: Din - Din, Farore - Faroru, Nayru - Nēru.

Yes... Unfortunately, *sigh* that doesn't help us. ;_; The Japanese word for "courage" is "yuuki," right? (I know nothing about Japanese, so I have to look these up.) So it can't be that, either...

EDIT: Or maybe... Somehow, could that word be "Farol?" o_O

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
It's awesome how some Zelda games have hidden text on them like this one or WW.

Anyways, I didn't even mention the boxart looks sweet. I'm getting the Limited Edition.

S

Sheep

hfJXp.jpg

Here you go.
But I'm not sure what they mean with ROL..?
You guys are all so quick :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom