• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Bitro-Sizian Roleplay

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Who gets up at 3:00 AM to post a roleplay thread on a forum?
oh boi 3 am.png

OH BOI 3 AM

After the Jimbo art I posted in the Megacomic thread, I've become even more interested in filling in the history of my fictional country of Bitro-Sizia. So, I'm creating this roleplay to let you fill in the blanks. We begin with the rules:

1. No godmodding or powerplay, that's just obvious. The only person who can truly kill a character is the one playing the character.
2. I strongly, strongly recommend using OCs, and I'll explain why in a bit. I also advise against self-insertion outside of Narrators.
3. Have common sense. I think that really fills in most of the blanks here.
4. On the delightful subject of politics, due to the inherent nature of the premise, political subject matter is unavoidable. However, I'd like to keep it to a minimum. At the very least, do not make reference to recent events, and by recent, I mean 21st century.
5. For your characters, I'd recommend introducing them with a bit of backstory so others can know what to expect.

The "Day One" Amendments (1/23/2021, 7:05 PM):
6. Please keep everything within the borders of Bitro-Sizia. It's a very isolated country.
7. Usage of weapons of mass destruction is prohibited.
8. Avoid starting wars. The Thirteenth Bitro-Sizian Civil War will be the only war I intend to have in the RP, and even then, it's mainly a background element compared to the main plot.
9. I recommend against focusing on the Big Government of Bitro-Sizia and rather on smaller affairs, like perhaps the day-to-day lives of Bitro-Sizian citizens. That's why my character Jimbo is only a peon working for a small government branch, and even if he were the head of a larger division, it still wouldn't be a powerful one capable of war.

I take full responsibility for every mistake made thus far.

The premise:
The isolated island of Bitro-Sizia is now in deep sh*t. A massive civil war, an extreme famine, and economic downturn have been plaguing the country. All of this is due to the ineptitude of the "Big Government", the political body that has governed the entire continent for as long as anyone can remember. The vast majority of the population is poor and starved. The country may be on the verge of revolution.

A political map of Bitro-Sizia at this point in time:
Bitro-Sizia Political Map.png
Each of these eight provinces are part of the United Empire of Bitro-Sizia, which is managed by the immensely corrupt Big Government. The two southern provinces, Southeast and Southwest, are technically one and the same, but they're so separated that they may as well be independent from each other. Central Bitro-Sizia is essentially the capital, however Middle Bitro-Sizia wants a slice of the pie. Middle has a union with the Eastern province, and those two are ultimately the ones who started the war. Southwest and Southeast are not as close as you'd think. North is filled with so many diverse and self-isolated communities that it's hardly together. West and Southwest are in intense fighting over the historically contested Southwest Island, which wants to be separate. Central also wants the Island, but they're too afraid to get in between West and Southwest. South may be joining the Middle and East provinces against the Central. Now, with that in mind...

The characters:
@AwdryFan1997 : Jamius "Jimbo" Bodevkha

===============================================================================================

Just beyond the border between the provinces of Central and Middle Bitro-Sizia, a platoon of Central military units charge at the Middle army. The Central army is more tactically advanced, however Middle has the advantage in firepower. Reluctantly leading the Central army is the young prodigy Jamius Bodevkha, who isn't here to win this Uncivil War but to find the remains of the mythical Bitro-Sizian hero Petre Bedpan.

Jamius Bodevkha: Such unnecessary bloodshed... I'm a scientist, not a military leader. I can't believe Big Government is making me use such measures.

Bodevkha, 15 years old, currently works for the Archaeology Branch at the Bitro-Sizian Ministry of Science and Technology. However, this is not the job he wanted. He'd much prefer to be head of the entire Ministry. This expedition could potentially make his dreams come true. This is many years before the accident that reduced Jimbo to goo. While he later became much more, well, dopey, at this point in his life he is serious, composed, and in love with his flawed country. It's only when he's talking about his true love, science, that he becomes more relaxed and happy and whatnot.

Last edited:

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Defense Minister: Well, it's all because Mr. Emperor is making all the continents fight.

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Jamius Bodevkha: Hey! His Poobahness is the greatest leader we could possibly ask for!

Jimbo, like many, is brainwashed by propaganda.
Defense Minister: He's just sensitive to criticism.

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

Defense Minister: He's just sensitive to criticism. He has brainwashed you with propaganda so that he can look better on himself.
Jamius Bodevkha: You... how dare you say such things about our glorious leader! You deserve to be executed!

Jimbo is sooooo brainwashed, dude...

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Jamius Bodevkha: You... how dare you say such things about our glorious leader! You deserve to be executed!

Jimbo is sooooo brainwashed, dude...
Defense Minister: You're brainwashed. Plus, if they execute me, they'll know nothing to do with the war.

AwdryFan1997

Defense Minister: You're brainwashed. Plus, if they execute me, they'll know nothing to do with the war.
Just then, a messenger boy runs up.

Messenger Boy: Dr. Bodevkha, sir! The Central Army is almost to the city!

Jamius Bodevkha: Well, Bite my Size, as they say! I must see this myself!

Jimbo begins to leave, however he turns to the Minister of Defense.

Jamius Bodevkha: This isn't over, by the way. And you don't have any power over me. I work for the MoSaT.

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Just then, a messenger boy runs up.

Messenger Boy: Dr. Bodevkha, sir! The Central Army is almost to the city!

Jamius Bodevkha: Well, Bite my Size, as they say! I must see this myself!

Jimbo begins to leave, however he turns to the Minister of Defense.

Jamius Bodevkha: This isn't over, by the way. And you don't have any power over me. I work for the MoSaT.
Defense Minister: Well, as head of the ministry of defense. I can say that we are both equal in power, except I have control over the military.

AwdryFan1997

Defense Minister: Well, as head of the ministry of defense. I can say that we are both equal in power, except I have control over the military.
Jamius Bodevkha: The War Ministry disagrees. Power over the military is spread widely amongst the government. And I've got that power right now.

Jimbo fails to mention that they are nowhere near equal in power. However, he does have control over this operation.

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Jamius Bodevkha: The War Ministry disagrees. Power over the military is spread widely amongst the government. And I've got that power right now.

Jimbo fails to mention that they are nowhere near equal in power. However, he does have control over this operation.
Defense Minister: Uh, the War Ministry isn't exactly a real position. I'm that position. There is a Navy Ministry.

AwdryFan1997

Defense Minister: Uh, the War Ministry isn't exactly a real position. I'm that position. There is a Navy Ministry.
Jamius Bodevkha: Did they seriously change it again? Whatever, once I'm done with this I'll become the new Sci and Tech Minister. Then I'll be happy.

Jimbo leaves to lead the troops to claim the city.

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Jamius Bodevkha: Did they seriously change it again? Whatever, once I'm done with this I'll become the new Sci and Tech Minister. Then I'll be happy.

Jimbo leaves to lead the troops to claim the city.
Defense Minister: Your Imperial Majesty, what should we do?

AwdryFan1997

Defense Minister: Your Imperial Majesty, what should we do?
The Grand Poobah appears via a screen on the wall. Jimbo, who'd just barely left the room, drops to his knees.

Mr. Bite-Size, Grand Poobah of Bitro-Sizia: Well, Bite my Size! It looks like that little Size is being a real Bite Size! Well, I know exactly what to do! Guards! Bite his Size!

A team of guards appear to arrest the Defence Minister for questioning authority. Jimbo slinks away unnoticed. Once out of view, he breathes a sigh of relief. He's a big fan of Mr. Bite-Size, but he's also afraid of him.

Mr. Bite-Size is a mysterious individual who is allegedly the Grand Poobah, head of state and government in the Bitro-Sizian Empire. He's essentially like Big Brother, if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom