• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Binding of Isaac

ShadowsofTime

The Hidden Triforce God
The Binding of Isaac is one of the wierdest games to be introduced to the internet. It is loosely based on a biblical story and uses a Zelda one style, mystery dungeon-like system of gameplay. It is rather odd at some points, considering that the game randomizes litterally everything. Some of the mini-bosses include some rather odd biblical characters, primarily the Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The story is about how young Isaac is trying to avoid death by his murderous mother. Some of the games items are wierd, odd, and slightly revolting. Combat is mostly done through the use of bombs and tears, the latter of which are shot from the character's eyes like arrows. Truthfully, it is extremely hard to get passed the first few levels.

What do you think of this game?

Note: Those with a weak stomach should definatley not play The Binding of Isaac. Also, the game is not rated, but I definately think it should come with a T+ rating. If you play it or have played it, you will see why.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Binding of Isaac is brilliant!

Really is one of the most fun, little games I've played in a long time. Because everything's randomly generated and there's just so many different items, and thing to unlock, the replayability factor is amazing. Nothing worse than getting some horrible item though, like the one that makes Isaac spit out explosive balls. I can just never hit with them. I've finished it by now, got all the endings and beat ??? in the chest, stuff like that, and still haven't even had all the items yet. I can really recommend this game to anyone if you're looking for a fun rogue-like game to play. It's actually based on Zelda, too, the original NES version, it it's design and layouts.

It was going to be on 3DS and Wii U but apparently Nintendo didn't like the religious themes the game has. :( Their loss.

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
I've 100% the game. You're going to enjoy and possibly be creeped out by just about everything that comes up in that game. A tip for you, use the Binding of Isaac wiki to find items and secrets you've missed.

ShadowsofTime

The Hidden Triforce God
Is it even possible to survive that game without the wiki? The items have literally no explanation when you first pick them up! But I guess that's the joy of The Binding of Isaac. You have to learn to make the most of your gameplay.

Dan

I swear there has been like five binding of Issac threads all praising this game, so it's good. :P
Yes I love the art style behind it, it's a cutesy style but applied to so many grotesque abominations. Gameplay is addictive and it's never the same game once. Looking forward to the new version as well. :)

The Binding of Isaac is certainly an interesting game. I found that game to be pretty disturbing; it was fascinating and amazing the way the developers can take cutesy graphics and paint a horrific atmosphere.
I suck at reflexes, so I'll pass on actually purchasing the game. I got my *** handed to me in the demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom