• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Way To Increase Wii U Sales

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Nintendo has been giving out some free Wii U devkits: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_free_dev_kits_to_generate_interest_in_wii_u

But that's not NEARLY enough to generate Wii U sales. The only people who couldn't afford devkits were probably indie developers. Ubisoft bought their own, Activision bought their own, etc. And, don't get me wrong, indies are great, but there is no way in hell that having a few more indie games on the scene is "the best way to increase Wii U sales." I'd start with revamped marketing...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
There hasn't been a day that's passed that I haven't seen a Wii U commercial...no, there's just no way this console can come on top. Nintendo scared off the hardcore audience and the casual audience.

And how did the soviets win WWII? By zerg rushing the germans with large quantities of T34s straight off the production line. The germans had the highest quality tanks (Panther, Tiger) but couldn't produce them fast enough to meet the onslaught of inferior soviet tanks.

Therefore, Mario games equal T34s. I knew there was a reason Mario wore a red hat!!!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Are you serisly compareing war to the gameing indestry.
Also a quote from the leader of a contry that was totalitarian, the sovite union, (stalinsum) might not be the best quoate to live by. Not to mention stalin killed more people while in power then hitler.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Thread Participants,

Please discontinue drawing comparisons to totalitarian states and rulers. Feel free to pursue discussion on the original thread topic: The best ways to increase Wii U sales.

Best,

Curmudgeon

Cfrock

Keep it strong
This thread got out of hand real fast, lmao. I can't believe I saw someone quote Stalin on here, as if anything he said could be taken in a positive light.

If you ask me, the best way to increase Wii U sales right now is with advertising. So few people in the UK seem to know what the Wii U is, if they know about it at all. A lot of people think of it as a new controller for the Wii, because rags like The Sun reported it as such. You don't see it mentioned on TV, on the radio, on buses, in posters, in stores... Last time I was in the city centre I saw exactly one Nintendo advert for Super Mario 3D World. It was on a lift door and didn't mention the Wii U itself. I wonder how many people saw it and thought it was a new game for the Wii.

A much more aggressive marketing campaign, especially when Mario Kart 8 comes out, would do wonders for the Wii U's sales simply because people would actually know about the darn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom