• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The best timeline I've seen

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think he did. In WW he was Ganondorf but in LoZ he is Ganon. How did he transform? It never showed. The power of the Master sword transformed him probably.

this would make sense because in most games, when Link gets the master sword he has to find a way to return the power to the master sword. maybe Ganondorf took the power of the sword to ressurect himself in a different form and this would explain why the master sword doesnt have power when Link gets it in most games.

Wow. I've been unable to get on the forums for a while because I've been busy with school. At first no one even viewed this thread, so I'm really happy now that I'm back and there's been some good conversationa about it. The downside is now I'm a little out of the loop in the thread that I started. Like I said, I didn't invent this timeline, but I really love it.

The big objections seem to be the placement of the oracles games and the problem of explaining the events between WW and LoZ.

As i said in the first post, the primary reason for putting the oracles games between ALttP and LA is that the triforce pieces are all together at the end of ALttP and the combined ending of the Oracles games shows Link getting on a sail boat and sailing away. I'm not sure what bigger clue we could ask for to place the oracles games. I know the earlier booklets places LA directly after ALttP, but as with any canon, the Zelda canon evolves and changes, and newer material trumps the older stuff. My suspicion is that Nintendo gave very little thought to continuity in the pre-N64 days. After OoT, there seems to be a much more obvious effort to create a unified story. I think little things like the boat at the end of the Oracles games are no accident, and that as a general rule we can take out-of-game-sources before OoT with a grain of salt. Some of the old boxes and manuals actually contradict one another.

As for explaining what happened between WW and LoZ (besides PH that is), I think this is one area where the timeline leaves room for speculation. I don't claim that this timeline explains everything, just that it explains more than any other timeline. For the reasons I gave in the first post, we have good reason for thinking that Hyrule in LoZ and AoL are a post flood Hyrule, but we have no idea how long after the flood it is or what happend after the waters receded (except the AoL backstory, we know that). This issue can only be settled definitively by a new game set between PH and LoZ. I'd love to see a game where we find out how Ganon was brought back and where the master sword went. This is basically Zemen125's point.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
k but dident ganon/ganondorf die at the end of TP? so how can he be back in FSA?

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
Not enough proof to point that TMC and FS come before OOT and people lean more towards FS being before ALTTP.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
k but dident ganon/ganondorf die at the end of TP? so how can he be back in FSA?

Ganon/dorf never dies. the triforce of power always keeps him alive. thats why they have to seal him away or turn him to stone with the master sword. he can never be killed.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactualy he can die. That would be when the Triforce of Power leaves him, making him much less powerful. TP for instance. Or the original LoZ.

M

Mr. Guffey

This is not relevant to my interests and I have nothing to say.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactualy he can die. That would be when the Triforce of Power leaves him, making him much less powerful. TP for instance. Or the original LoZ.

ummm...i guess the obvious question would be, why does he always return in some game if he dies in a different game? obviously he can come back, which would mean he really cant die because if you die and come back, youre not dead.

ummm...i guess the obvious question would be, why does he always return in some game if he dies in a different game? obviously he can come back, which would mean he really cant die because if you die and come back, youre not dead.

Well that's not necessarily true. Let's assume Christianity is true too. Jesus die, went to hell, and came back to Earth. Probably same scenario too. And the games are in a certain order, hence a timeline, so if he dies in one game of course he's going to come back in another one.

It is possible that Ganondorf's altered form, Ganon, can continue to exist when Ganondorf dies. I know it's weird, but it would explain why we do not see Ganondorf in FSA, ALttP, or LoZ. Perhaps Ganondorf really is killed in both TP and WW but somehow continues to exist as Ganon only (instead of being able to assume either form as before) an all games following WW or TP. I admit the theory is a bit of a stretch, but the unity it provides is striking. It explains why we only see the Ganon form in several games that all just happen to fall after WW and TP in this timeline, the only two games which end with Ganondorf being impaled by the master sword complete with a glowing wound. (Curious don't you think?)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well that's not necessarily true. Let's assume Christianity is true too. Jesus die, went to hell, and came back to Earth. Probably same scenario too. And the games are in a certain order, hence a timeline, so if he dies in one game of course he's going to come back in another one.

well christianity is just a religion that no one even knows is 100% true (they just "believe" it is which is not the same thing as knowing).

a videogame has facts right infront of us that leave it up to us to interpert. Ganondorf never really dies. he is either turned to stone, or sent to some other realm, but never really killed.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
It is possible that Ganondorf's altered form, Ganon, can continue to exist when Ganondorf dies. I know it's weird, but it would explain why we do not see Ganondorf in FSA, ALttP, or LoZ. Perhaps Ganondorf really is killed in both TP and WW but somehow continues to exist as Ganon only (instead of being able to assume either form as before) an all games following WW or TP. I admit the theory is a bit of a stretch, but the unity it provides is striking. It explains why we only see the Ganon form in several games that all just happen to fall after WW and TP in this timeline, the only two games which end with Ganondorf being impaled by the master sword complete with a glowing wound. (Curious don't you think?)

Ya when you think of it like that, then all of the games basically string together perfectly :O how odd..

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

im surprised your the first person to bring this up in this conversation (or many others). based on the timeline that i believe in, ganondorf exists in each game to a certain point then every game after that is strictly ganon. good observation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom