• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Puzzle in Any Zelda Game?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
In your opinion, which Zelda puzzle really stands out for you? Which puzzle did you find to be particularly clever, fun, and so on?

For me, it's the ice block puzzles hands down, which have appeared in OoT, MM, MC, and TP (off the top of my head). There is always a lot of thinking ahead when trying to solve one of these puzzles, since you carefully have to plan your moves. I guess it's sort of like chess in a way. Another thing that intrigues me with ice block puzzles is the fact that the law of conversion of momentum is violated (that is, after a block hits another, both blocks don't move). Ahhhh, video game logic! I'm especially fond of the series of ice block puzzles to get a Heart Piece in Twilight Princess.

T

TheOriginalHigh

(SPOILER) Most recently the Skyview temple puzzle in skyword sword was fairly unique and imo outstanding. Here you have to rearrange rooms to get to a specific room to find a key to go back to another room you visited to only change the rooms again to get to the room where the door that is locked . Sounds annoying right?... but i found it to be fun to solve since each room in the puzzle also had a puzzle within the room... puzzleception!

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
You mean changing the water levels? That doesn't really seem like rearranging rooms to me unless your talking about a different Skyview Temple.

That's tough to say. I would agree with you that the ice block puzzles can be pretty enjoyable, and they almost always offer a nice challenge. However, I think I prefer the Guardian Puzzle in TP: you know, the one right outside where you get the Master Sword, where you have to move the big statues to specific spots. That one was really tough, made you think quite a bit, and gave you such a great feeling of accomplishment when you beat it. It doesn't seem to get much easier on subsequent play-throughs either; I think I've gotten that far 3 different times, and I've always had to take a while to solve it.

MW7

I'd say the ones that come to mind for me are the block puzzle in the ice palace from ALTTP, having to leave the dungeon to progress foward from both the Desert Palace and Skull Woods in ALTTP, the pillar puzzle from Link's Awakening, changing the water level in the Water Temple in OOT (more of just a dungeon concept but it was puzzling), changing the water current in the Great Bay Temple from MM, flipping the temple in the Stone Tower Temple in MM, puzzles requiring teamwork including Earth and Wind Temples from Wind Waker and the Tower of Spirits from Spirit Tracks as well as the Temple of Time in TP technically, and the Temple of the Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass had numerous unique puzzles.

My favorite is the block puzzle from the ice palace from ALLTP because the first time you do it it's incredibly frustrating, but then there is also an extremely simple solution as well. If you just do the 6th dark world dungeon first, then you can use the dungeon item to complete the puzzle very quickly. Also this puzzle was so difficult that it was removed from the GBA version.

Last edited:
G

Galfureye

i found the past/present puzzle theme really fun in SS in the lanayru desert, also this is a small puzzle but in the sandship, when you had to figure out which way to hit the puzzle door using the symbols on the ground clever, that part took me an hour.

Moving the statues to get to the room with the master sword was the hardest to me, but it was a nice challenge.

P

Pm88

I would have to agree with blackice__cc. The guardian statues puzzle was pretty good. It took me a long time to figure it out.

Night Owl

~Momentai
My favorite is having to throw pots and stuff at some doors in LA, you even had to throw one at a chest. Link's Awakening was my first zelda game, so I sometimes wonder why they haven't done that since.

M

moep0r

As a kid I loved the part in OoT's shadow temple where you have to shoot a fire arrow towards the bombs, that was SO GREAT back in the day.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
*Spoiler*
I liked the puzzles in Spirit Tracks where you had to move the Sand Wand to put the blocks in the switches. That was challenging, creative, and unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom