• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Or Very Good 3DS/DS Games

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a must have, there is so much you can do in that game and I beleive you will play it alot. Kingdom Hearts 3D - Dream Drop Distance is a very good game and I highly recommend getting that as well (Unless you live in the US which means you will have to wait 6 more days). Mario Kart 7 is a great one for playing against others and it's alot of fun.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy III and IV
Ocarina of Time 3D
LoZ Phantom Hourglass
LoZ Spirit Tracks
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart 7
Sonic Generations
Street Fighter 4 3D
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Pokemon Black/White
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Kid Icarus: Uprising, definitely. The combat is frenetic, but engaging. The script, while being quirky and self-aware, includes a fair amount of heart. Oh, and this may not sound like much, but the caliber of voice acting here is probably the best of any Nintendo game. At the very least, it's on par with that of Star Fox 64 [3D], which is another game that you should totally pick up.
tongue.gif

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Aside from everything else mentioned, Heroes of Ruin is a great game that just came out. It's not that popular but if you like games like Diablo, it's definitely worth a shot. I've been addicted to it lately. Also for regular ds, Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story is a great choice.

I can only recommend DS games.
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom hourglass, no matter how much others hate it.
Man, when I had the choice of a DSi XL and 3DS, I should have picked 3DS.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Kid Icarus: Uprising. It is, without a doubt, one of the best games I have ever played.

The music is amazing, the art style and graphical quality is mind blowing, the gameplay is very fun and variable (you can fine tune it just to your difficulty), and the dialogue is halarious. I should warn you, the 4th Wall does not exist in this game. :P

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
here are some of my recommendations:
Phantom Hourglass- It has the same zelda feel of exploration but with all touch screen controls. I liked it but many didn't

Final Fantasy III- Great music, visuals and a great job system. Its a good old school rpg

Final Fantasy IV- Great music and visuals, and one of the best storylines in a Final Fantasy. Though it is annoyingly hard.

Okamiden- A great game by itself even if you haven't played Okami. It is many times compared to Zela games but it really has its own feel that is like no other game.

Kid Icarus Uprising- The best shooter on the 3ds

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy- It has an amazing soundtrack and a good amount of difficulty if you get farther into it. This is the only rhythm game I have ever cared for (but I have heard that Elite Beat Agents is another good rhythm game)

Mario Kart 7- if you like kart racing games this is the one to get. It has many tracks and a great online community. The only thing it is missing is a larger cast of characters

Resident Evil Revelations- It has great controls and I find it to have a great and scary atmosphere. The only thing about games like this is they have very little replay value since you usually know where every enemy pops out from after the first playthrough (or at least I do)

Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3d- I have played countless hours of this game online. It has great gameplay and fun to unlock characters and achievements. But it truly is a glorified mini game so it may not be worth buying new.

Pokemon (any of them)- these games may seem childish but they are loads of fun and when your done with the main quest you can train a team and compete online.

Chrono Trigger- This is a remake of the original SNES game and is still just as well crafted as ever. Its story, music, and landscapes are awe inspiring. This is possible the best rpg you can get for the 3ds

Well these are all my recommendations for you

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Ocarina of Time 3D is probably the best 3DS game so far because it's Zelda. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks for the regular DS are up there.

Kingdom Hearts 3D is the best game of the series in my eyes and one of the most openly entertaining and just fun experiences I've ever played, so I definitely recommend that.

But a hugely underrated 3DS must-have is Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Most people will wave if off by saying they don't play shooters, but this game deviates from the rest of the series: It is a tactical, turn-based strategy game and a pretty damn good one at that. It has a handful of shortcomings, but speaking as a fan of the genre, it's a lot of fun. I highly recommend picking it up. This game was one of the only games during the 3DS's release that was given a good rating by GameInformer, as well, and I'm glad they did because that's what introduced me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom