• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Or Very Good 3DS/DS Games

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I already bought OoT 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and MGS III 3D (Though I don't have the system yet :lol:) but I was wondering, what are some great games for the 3DS or DS?

Well...I'm mainly asking for opinions on 3DS games but there are some good DS games out there so I'm leaving that option open.

Dan

If you like fighting games, Super street fighter IV is worth picking up.
Sonic generations is another game I really enjoy, the critics thought it was okay, but personally I've enjoyed it so far.
Kid Icarus is also suppose to be good from what I hear from random people on the internet in shoutbox (You can always trust them)

Oh and since i know how much you love cutting your lawn Laz, you will get a blast out of Farming simulation 2012 3DS, Experience farming in 3D !
You can cut an ENTIRE field !

_-Farming-Simulator-2012-3D-3DS-_.jpg

http://nintendo-world.fr/wp-content/gallery/farming-simulator-3d/farming_simulator_3d-2.jpg

Although i don't own it myself, JUST LOOK AT IT ! That game just says "I'm the best game on the 3DS buy me now you little *****".

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear by Dead or Alive Dimensions, the story mode is the best i've seen in any fighter, handheld or home console.

The roster is huge and unlike Tekken 6 and SC Broken Destiny the game isn't completed when you select play, there is a lot to unlock and it has quite a few game modes to enjoy, the fighting itself is amazingly fluid and looks wonderful.

the problem is that when you have the 3d turned up the frame rate drops by half, its a very noticeable difference and makes the game look jerky. But I never use the 3d feature, i know and so do nintendo that the 3D was a gimmick and that they'll never use it again, i just got the 3ds because its a decent and powerful console.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well I have Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor for the DS and it's very good so I'd assume that the 3D remake (Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Overclocked) is just ast good. For a strategy player really. Good RPG too.

I have Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D. You're better off getting it used since it's not really worth getting at full price (I payed $20 since it was on sale at the time). It's fun but after you beat the game it's pretty boring. At that point you're just trying to beat all your old records, something that will take time in the later levels.

Kid Icarus Uprising is by far my favorite for the system. You'd be doing yourself a favor to get it. Just remember to take at least a 10 minute break every 1-3 hours. Not for your eyes but for your wrists. Trust me, you'll need it.

Back to regular DS games, I have quite few good ones. The Kirby Super Star Ultra is a good remake of Super Star and is also a bit of an old school Kirby reboot. Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is nice though you may get bored soon depending on your mentality. Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin is fun, but definitely one of the hardest advanced wars games to start with if it's your first time playing the series. Besides those I have Pokemon games, Mega Man Zero Collection, Mega Man ZX Advent (but I still need to play ZX) and a couple more games.

Hope this helps.

Alright, Laz, I have three suggestions for you today: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Super Mario 3D Land is a very interesting title. It combines the 2D and 3D Mario subseries. It's a 3D game through and through but progression is towards the flag pole at the end like in 2D titles. Also, with 99 levels packed in, it's the longest Mario title organized that way. It took me over 30 hours to 100% this game in comparison to only 13 for the DS New Super Mario Bros.

Mario Kart 7 is definitely the holy grail of the franchise. From when I first picked it up the physics engine instantly catered to my taste. It's more balanced than Mario Kart DS with snaking prohibited and faster than its Wii counterpart. Although there are a sparse 16 characters (plus your Mii) to choose from each is different from the other and this is further highlighted through kart customization. Moreover, online racing is very smooth.

The final game to round off my list is Kid Icarus: Uprising. If you've seen the trailers it's completely different from what you've already viewed. The characters are quirkier and the solo mode is plot tiwst after plot twist. Some of the allusions to classic Nintendo games like Donkey Kong will make you smile. Personally multiplayer feels tacked on but at least it's present.

A game I chose not to include since I only played the demo is Resident Evil: Revelations but if you have the guts I'd suggest picking it up. Not only is it a stunning revelation of the 3DS hardware's graphic capabilities but also returns to the horror roots of the series.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Tales of the Abyss. Part of the enormously popular Tales series, it is one of the best real-time RPGs ever. Like, EVER. It was originally a PS2 game, but it was remade for the 3DS. It is awesome, so you just might want to check it out. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time 3D
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D (this is a pick up and play title)
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (when it releases in 7 days)
Mario Kart 7
Tales of the Abyss
Theatrhytm Final Fantasy (i think)

....and moar

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Well, I only have 3 games so far, my favorite is OoT 3D. I also like MK7, its so much fun! Im not a huge Mario fan, and Mario seems to be the most available on the 3DS. Cant wait for KH3d!

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Chrono Trigger DS. Fossil Fighters. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Need I say more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom