• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Best Improvement We've Seen?

They broke down the barriers video games usually put in place to keep players from wandering around. The usual obstacles like fences (or in Pokemon a random bush) that would normally confine us to a set area can be fully interacted with and gotten around now. I like that. It makes the world feel more real, and it lets me explore to my heart's content.

Improvement is the wrong term, i believe. Theres just different aspects of the game that some people will appreciate more than others. Each Zelda game has its own qualities and strengths, and BOTW seems to be doing its own thing.

Aku

There is too much to state, but I will say some of the easiest would be:

The Physics Engine. Now there is so much more possible to do and in many combinations, that I suspect that I probably will be doing tons (and hours) of exploration, going into nooks and crannies and seeing what wicked stuff I can do with the Shieka Slate.

The Mystery. Zelda has had mystery before, but now I'll get to discover what has happened on my own and at my own pace, instead of having it spoon-fed to me.

Just Having the Little Things. Being able to take damage in the cold if you're not wearing clothes, finding food and cooking it in different combinations to restore health and stamina, finding various minerals, and using various weapons (and being able to keep them until they break) makes the environment feel much more rich and inviting.

The Enemies Have Some of the Same Abilities You Do. The Bokoblins can tame and ride horses like you, they can use fire against you, and they can pick up various weapons like you, even go hunting if they think you aren't there. To me, that makes them immensely interesting (and even suggests they have their own 'culture,') as opposed to past enemies that simply wait around and do little until you kill them.

Nintendo have stepped up their game from the gameplay we've seen of BotW, but what is the best improvement of this game? There is so many, when SS came out I thought it was so amazing when Link had the ability to sit down on chairs and sleep until night time. But in BotW, we've seen new weapons such as the Magnet and the handglider, also Link can Factually eat proper food (Reminds me of Kid Icarus Uprising), at the beginning someone speaks to him in full words and English instead of gestures or making noises and the graphics look so good. But what is your favourite improvement?:sword:
For me it has tob be the climbing mechanic making basicly everything you can see reachable and exploreable.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I like the clothing feature, it's pretty cool.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Aside from the boundless open world without loading screens, and the uniqueness of this game from the rest of the series, I'd say it's the psychology that comes from things like the ability to try to beat the game at the beginning. Like, this game is truly going to let you do whatever you want!

... Except name your character, presumably.

But hey, the best feature of this game could easily be something we have yet to see.

Gliding, slow motion shooting, so many weapons!
But seriously, the best is shield surfing. Seriously.

Jumping, climbing, and setting lots of things on fire for no apparent reason with giant fireballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom