• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Day of Your Life

I guess for most women, it's their wedding day, for men the birth of their first child...I'm 26 years old and not married and thankfully do carry a bun in the oven and my best day remains the same as it ever has done.

When I was around thirteen years old, Pokémon was becoming popular and by this stage, no one in my school knew more about it than I did. Having a Gameboy Colour was the most coolest thing, computer games were the in thing and Dragonball Z was the reason we rushed home. Due to all of these wonderful things and my love of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the Nintendo 64, I had developed a sincere and fascinated passion for all things Eastern. Especially Japan. By thirteen, I had never been to the East and the closest thing I had eaten to oriental cuisine was a Nong Shim (which stopped being sold in our local Super Market because it contained one grade too much radiation).

I remembered watching the news the day before my best day ever occurred. Huge lorries travelling the motorway carrying shiploads of Pokémon merchandise into England, drove past the news reporter. My parents took me to the outskirts of London the following day and took me to a large oriental Super Market called Wing Yip. My heart could have burst right out of my chest from excitement. I was going to try Japanese food! I remember rummaging through the freezer sections, poking the frozen chicken feet under the torn bag at the bottom. It was an expensive place but my parents let me buy a cup with Japanese writing on it, which I still have today. After I exhausted the shop and looked at all the jars with their odd contents and fish stocks, we moved on just up the road to Toys'R'Us store where I could finally hold my very own Evee doll. I purchased a few Pokémon items and went home.

Such a precious day to me, that I never revisited Wing Yip again until my twenty fifth Birthday, for fear it would alter my memories.

What was the best day of your life?

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Well, my best day of my life is when I start Voice Chatting with Azure. Was awkward in first, but.... it was more fun when we chat and chat.
And the best part, I watched Full Metal Alchemist on his TV (his camera was on).... I can't believe I was watching an anime on the other side of the world that time..

Well, my best day of my life is when I start Voice Chatting with Azure. Was awkward in first, but.... it was more fun when we chat and chat.
And the best part, I watched Full Metal Alchemist on his TV (his camera was on).... I can't believe I was watching an anime on the other side of the world that time..

So, a long distance relationship is it?

So you're actually related or are you at that weird stage where you're MAD about each other but the concept of a long distance relationship would be hard so you joke around calling each other internet siblings? lol ;)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I guess for most women, it's their wedding day, for men the birth of their first child...

Funny thing, that. My father confessed to me before I moved out that my birth was the happiest day of his life. Crazy how that seems universal.

I'd have to say the best day of my life was a weekend one spent entirely and solely with my partner. We allowed nothing to interfere with it- no cell phones or any outside communication. No television, or internet. When we went out, it was to a secluded place away from the noise of everyone else. We explored and experienced the world, ourselves, and each other as we were meant to be, not how society wanted us to perceive it. I learned some things those days that I may not had realized otherwise.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
So you're actually related or are you at that weird stage where you're MAD about each other but the concept of a long distance relationship would be hard so you joke around calling each other internet siblings? lol ;)

Um, we're internet siblings... I call him big brother.
And besides, I'm 10.... :I

You know, I met the man I with now when he was 9 years old and I was 11. We've been together for ten years now and it started out as a long distance relationship. Might seem gross as your age now, but who knows ;) heehee.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The best day of my life would have to be what I consider the best weekend of my life, namely the weekend of my 20th birthday (my birthday was on a Sunday that year). I was in the UK on my first holiday alone, and I was in Blackpool that particular weekend going to a Buffy/Firefly convention - which happened to be my very first convention.

I've been to many conventions since then, more intimate ones, where I've gotten to interact a lot more with the guests in question (not to mention met some really awesome people), but I still count this weekend as the best of my life because of the way I experienced it. Everything was so new and exciting, I didn't want to miss a second of any of it, plus it was the first time I met Clare Kramer - who in my opinion is one of the most amazing women in the world - the way she paid attention to me and did and said things that made me feel like I mattered.

There are so many fond memories attached to this weekend, like getting to know Clare, seeing Jewel Staite flipping Nathan Fillion the finger in front of all 1700 attendees (and back then I actually had no clue who these two people were), Juliet Landau enthusiastically pulling me in for a hug in the photosession, Nicholas Brendon jumping down from the stage to give me a birthday hug, Nick and Emma Caulfield going around hugging fans at the end of the closing ceremony...

Shortly after coming back from the con, I ended up making a little video tribute (read: slide-show) using the music they used to introduce the guests at the con itself, and whenever I see it now (despite it being poor quality and essentially a blurry slideshow) it brings back all those amazing feelings I had being there

Pictures can be found here &
here

And this was the line-up for the weekend :)

Dan

The happiest day of my life was when I discovered the mirror. Ah the memories when I first looked in it, to see this amazing, handsome, smart looking, attractive, kind-loving, all-knowing being. I was mind blown at the pure perfection I was seeing. Later with such keen observation skills , I found out that being was ME! I was shocked and over the moon. Nothing will ever come close the the first time, but I try to capture that moment every hour or two a day. :cool:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The happiest day of my life was when I got my iPod last year. (4th Gen) I was do crazy with my iPod. Loved it so dearly.<3. Also when I first joined DGN. Making great posts and some great friends, still goes on now. Those days are very memorable to me. There are some others, but I enjoyed these mostly.

Lamphobic

The Brony
Only 16 so I don't have a lot of experience here to draw on but... hrmm... the best day of my life was 5 years ago. That day Terminus stopped bullying me and we became friends. United against the entire school by our obsession with pokemon and science fiction books. My first (middle school) friend and my final (only) friend.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
There is no best day of my life. I'm only a teenager so, hopefully, I have many years left to experience before I pass. Before I do pass, it is probable that I could experience the "best day of my life".

My life in general has been a very rough one. I was born without knowing my real father, and sooner or later my mom was married to another man. That relationship failed horribly, and they soon divorced. I was without a father figure for most of my life, and when I did have one, he was my biggest influence. Several years passed and the relationships with my mom never got any better, in fact, they're still very bad. We argued constantly, yelled constantly, ect. After some time passed some more, my step-dad eventually moved in with us, but only to help support my mother and I (and to see the some-what grown up me). He still lives with us, but now I know who he really is; an extremely paranoid man who loves to curse, drink, and yell.

Going through middle school was rough, especially after having moved north to Maryland from Florida. I knew almost no one there. 7th grade was especially the worst.... it was the year I was bullied the most.... it was also the year I cried the most.... As of right now, my father and I are getting along some what on good terms. I'm confused on where my mother and I stand, and I feel like my life is just going downhill. Thus the reason so far there is no best day of my life. I hope I will encounter one, though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom