• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Band Thread

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Forming a Band

I'm in the middle of a bit of a dilemma.

You see, ever since I started singing, I've wanted to join a band. Or make a band. I wasn't fussed. I always thought I could team up with my friends and become a band and play some music, but it seems I've been left behind.

My best friend Paige has started a band with my epic guitarist friend Katie. I wanted to be in the band too, but I wasn't invited, probably because the two of them are fantastic singers already, and they don't need another one with no real other talent.

So, I thought that I'd make a band on my own, but there comes the problem of wanting to sing songs from particular animes (have I mentioned before that I'm an otaku?) and not many people my age that I know would want to play random Japanese songs sung by fictonal characters. So now it's going to be even harder to find band members.

Now, all I can do is sit here, wallowing in my own misery, while half-heartedly cheeing on my friends who got to do what I've wanted to do all along.

Sorry for dropping this load on the Dungeons, I would usually blog this but Paige reads my blog, and I can't have her find out that I'm jealous over one of her most precious things!!

Sigh. Support would be nice, but I'm not forcing anyone. :D

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a thread for your favorite bands.

This thread is for those of you who either have your own band or are working on one.

I've got some stuff set up and my friend is gonna help me with making a group. Basically a Post-Hardcore/Metalcore/Synthcore group. It's a mix because I wanna try doing some stuff like the bands Broadway, Of Mice & Men, A Day To Remember, and a bit like Born of Osiris while mixing 8bit in. He wants to go for more of just an A Day To Remember sound so we're gonna mix things up and make some songs that are super heavy and others that are fairly mild.

So we also have some names we're considering.
-Tramp(o)ling
-Blacker than the Eyes
-Release the Kraken
-Raising the Leviathan
-My Heart in Ruins
-Celestial Silence

So what do you think of the names? Like em? Which ones?

And make sure to share info on your bands whether they're just starting or if you've already got stuff going.

I like Release the Kraken.
That one's funny.

Me and a few friends have a band.
But we kind of suck, so, ya know. :3

But, I do have my own musical stuff goin'.
I'm working on an EP for a Electro-pop/Chiptune kinda thing.
It's been six months in the making, and it's soooo close to being done.
So excited for that. ^^

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Release the kracken sounds too much like here comes the kracken

Tramp(o)ling seems like a novelty bands name if it were me I'd rule that one out

Blacker than the eyes just brings the black eyed peas to mind and you dont want that to happen when trying to make a name for yourself.

Raising the Leviathan is quite interesting as if it draws inspiration from the whole kraken deal. I think this one is the winner out of those you provided

my heart in ruins and celestial silence sound like song titles rather than band names to me.

As for my own band.........well we used to play in high school, we even had a couple of shows. We went by Amety no idea why its not a very good name but it is what we used. Our sound changed drastically over the years at first we thrived to be like Thrice we then went on to try to sound more like White Chapel and the years went on and we practiced less and less and now we just hang out and have fun.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Raising the Leviathan is cool! I played with a band back in HS called the Connipshuns. yes, it was deliberately spelled like that and I was only there for female vox and guitar- no credit for the name :)
How lame is that?! haha

I think theres already a band called release the kraken.
Release The Kraken | Facebook
Theres also a band called my life in ruins
My Life In Ruins | Facebook
So its a little close
as for raising the leviathan, sounds pretty good.
My bands just starting. Weve come across a few names.
So far pig squeal death growl! Just cuz they were shirts we used to sell in highschool
I thought Confusion In The Eyes Of A Scholars but its a bit long

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Release the kracken sounds too much like here comes the kracken

Tramp(o)ling seems like a novelty bands name if it were me I'd rule that one out

Blacker than the eyes just brings the black eyed peas to mind and you dont want that to happen when trying to make a name for yourself.

Raising the Leviathan is quite interesting as if it draws inspiration from the whole kraken deal. I think this one is the winner out of those you provided

my heart in ruins and celestial silence sound like song titles rather than band names to me.

As for my own band.........well we used to play in high school, we even had a couple of shows. We went by Amety no idea why its not a very good name but it is what we used. Our sound changed drastically over the years at first we thrived to be like Thrice we then went on to try to sound more like White Chapel and the years went on and we practiced less and less and now we just hang out and have fun.

I like your taste in music;)

Ever listen to Born of Osiris? They're my new favorite Deathcore group but I've known about them for a while.

Also I decided to drop Release the Kraken cause of the band you listed and a local Deathcore group (we get that style a lot here in Florida, Deathmetal central) called Drowning the Kraken.

I'll Stick with Raising the Leviathan for now. We also had a couple others that I remembered after talking with my friend.
-Lords of the Deep
-Built Upon a Burning Sky
-Magic Hobit Moon Metal (mostly just an inside joke here so probably won't use it)

Also, any of you guys got any music you recorded?

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Yea I actually like Born of Osiris as well. I believe I've seen them live. by the way I'm liking Built Upon A Burning Sky that one is a clear winner for me now.

And yea we actually have like one recorded song in retrospect...........it's not that great haha. here it is

be gentle! and remember this was when we were in high school.

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
Celestial Silence is pretty legit, it's like a name I came up with a while ago "Surreal Silence". I wasn't going to use it for anything and particular, I just came up with it. So feel free to use it if you want:)

And keep it up, I wanna start a band but don't really have the equipment and what not.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Me and my friends have a band going. We are just still in the early Beta testing stage of getting nice instruments and learning how to play them better. I play guitar and vocals. We play mostly Death Metal and Melodic Death Metal, sometimes with Spanish vocals from me or my brother. We mainly try to cover In Flames, Ill Nino, Brujeria, Sepultura and Dark Tranquility songs.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I'm kind-of in 3 bands (it's excruciating to explain...), and the only one that's really done much is a less serious project my two best friends and I have put together. It's called Phukelum6atron, and we describe our genre as musical abuse. Our music is basically absolutely miserably bad, but bad in a way that it actually is enjoyable (and at times very funny) to listen to.
The other two bands I'm basically in haven't made much progress, but have very large potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom