• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U The Australian TPHD Collectors Edition and guide (photos taken by me)

Here are some photos I took of the TPHD collectors edition and Game guide so you can all see what we ended up getting in Australia.

0bp23wp.jpg

Front of the outer box.

DLDkjbv.jpg

Back of the outer box.

QcjadRg.jpg

Side 1 of the outer box.

xiyqlcm.jpg

Side 2 of the outer box.

S2tq0mL.jpg

Top and bottom of the outer box.

53LC9JL.jpg

Front of game disc.

yjPJuVR.jpg

Back of game disc.

UMAGgYi.jpg

Game disc

CvKVErK.jpg

Front of CD case.

LMPwh26.jpg

Back of CD case.

W4NjxTt.jpg

CD. Was shipped in the plastic case here, inside the CD slipcase.

tzK1l8L.jpg

Front of amiibo box.

m5K3MOh.jpg

Back of amiibo box.

xtXp1Gk.jpg

Collectors Edition game guide

0TLhlnC.jpg

Back sheet advertising Collectors Edition game guide.

gH6CPdA.jpg

Cloth map from the Collectors Edition game guide.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Very nice. The guidebook was tempting for me to get, I can't justify its price at the moment considering I have a considerable portion of this game committed to heart already and I otherwise don't have the greatest interest in guidebooks as collectibles. Thanks for posting.

Very nice. The guidebook was tempting for me to get, I can't justify its price at the moment considering I have a considerable portion of this game committed to heart already and I otherwise don't have the greatest interest in guidebooks as collectibles. Thanks for posting.
Fair enough, I can understand this. Thanks for the reply :)
I only get the game guides for the art in them really. Cause if you're stuck there's already gamefaqs and other places.

I ended up getting the TPHD price matched today without even asking for it, so it only cost me $68. A very nice surprise and very cheap for a Collectors Edition. I put the remaining I already paid, left over on my SF Zero pre-order.

Also notw well that this is jsut the slip case for the music CD. The UK get a prettier outer box and the music CD in a proper case. I do think the UK/EU version of the TPHD Collectors Edition is the best out there.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I ended up getting the TPHD price matched today without even asking for it, so it only cost me $68. A very nice surprise and very cheap for a Collectors Edition. I put the remaining I already paid, left over on my SF Zero pre-order.

If you don't mind me asking, where does the Collectors Edition cost $68 that you got it priced matched to? I already paid full price so it's too late for me, I'm only wondering.

Also notw well that this is jsut the slip case for the music CD. The UK get a prettier outer box and the music CD in a proper case. I do think the UK/EU version of the TPHD Collectors Edition is the best out there.

It's unfortunate we don't get a proper case like that. At least we still get it with the bundle unlike the US who I feel bad for in that regard. Would you have preferred it came inside the game cover instead, like the 25th Anniversary Soundtrack did with Skyward Sword?

If you don't mind me asking, where does the Collectors Edition cost $68 that you got it priced matched to? I already paid full price so it's too late for me, I'm only wondering.
The guy at EB games did not say. I paid full price too - pre-order. But when I picked it up today he said, "I price matched it and what do you want to do with amount you have over paid thanks to the price matching?" I could have gotten the cash back, but I said nah, just put it towards another pre-order.
I just red the reciept and it says - Disc: 31.95 BigW So I guess they were price matching it from Big W. That's weird as the Big W price for it is $84.

Also you get a discount to the guide book if you get the game with it (any game this is) from EB games. Does not apply to you as you get the guidebooks at all, but it exists out there. Might only be an instore thing. As I get most of my games and guidebooks instore EB Games and not online.

It's unfortunate we don't get a proper case like that. At least we still get it with the bundle unlike the US who I feel bad for in that regard. Would you have preferred it came inside the game cover instead, like the 25th Anniversary Soundtrack did with Skyward Sword?
Yes I think the SS 25th Anniversary way of doing it is better. The card slip cases are so flimsy and often do not survive shipping from retailers through the post.

I do feel for NA who didn't get it at all inside their box. Also the Gamestop Pre-Order CDs were gone in seconds cause all the people who pre-ordered the standard edition got one too.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The guy at EB games did not say. I paid full price too - pre-order. But when I picked it up today he said, "I price matched it and what do you want to do with amount you have over paid thanks to the price matching?" I could have gotten the cash back, but I said nah, just put it towards another pre-order.
I just red the reciept and it says - Disc: 31.95 BigW So I guess they were price matching it from Big W. That's weird as the Big W price for it is $84.

That's lucky, maybe the person who served you was just feeling nice. :P

I do feel for NA who didn't get it at all inside their box. Also the Gamestop Pre-Order CDs were gone in seconds cause all the people who pre-ordered the standard edition got one too.

Do you know what sort of case for the CD people are getting in the US as their preorder bonus?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
After looking at your pictures I felt a bit let down when I opened my box. It contained the game, the amiibo and the CD (though in a proper case), but no cloth map, no guide book, no code... I mean, seriously I'd much rather have that stuff than a simple CD case, CD-cases are easy to buy and you can always print out an insert for them to make it look good. I can't produce a book or cloth map the same way :(

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
After looking at your pictures I felt a bit let down when I opened my box. It contained the game, the amiibo and the CD (though in a proper case), but no cloth map, no guide book, no code... I mean, seriously I'd much rather have that stuff than a simple CD case, CD-cases are easy to buy and you can always print out an insert for them to make it look good. I can't produce a book or cloth map the same way :(
You need to pay extra for the prima guide. It's like $20 and it comes with the map

@Lozjam is correct. The collectors edition guide book with cloth map is a totally separate purchase. You can purchase them at most places still. I just got it at EB games for the discount I get on guide books there. You did not miss out on anything, believe me. No need to worry :)

You have the best version of the TPHD collectors edition in the world. Not even Japan got as good a TPHD collectors edition as you. Australia and Japan got a less fancy box and no proper case for the music CD. NA did not even get the music CD in the collectors edition box. Only as a pre-order bonus at some stores which as you know was gone pretty quick. Gamestop's usual mismanagement of pre-order bonuses and the fact that stand editions pre-ordered also got the music CD meant a lot missed out on getting it.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The only two versions I've seen available here are just the game and the package I got. I have not seen any store here stock a guide book or cloth map.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom