• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Anticipation of a New Game Release

So, with the release of SS around the corner it makes me thing how we have waited more than two years since the game was announced back in E3 2009. Behind closed doors, and it was just a piece of artwork, but still, the announcement was made and SS was confirmed. And sadly we didn´t have the title there just the Zelda Wii place holder. Then in 2010 we finally get to see the game in action. But Nintendo just showed it, confirmed it for this year and stayed quiet until this E3. Speaking about depressing.

Anyway, I as a gamer, I love to wait and anticipate for the games I like, but sometimes we have to wait a lot for them to come. Zelda in particularly loves to makes us wait. I remember eagerly anticipating ST and Metroid Other M 2009 and 2010 respectively. I felt anxious and impatient at times. I used to watch the trailers over and over again, play the older games, build anticipation, try to calm down my hype (over hyping IS NOT good ejemTPejem), and other things like that while I waited. It is always nice to anticipate for your favourite games. So, let´s talk just about that. Do you guys feel stressed, or you just ignore the game until its closed to its release, or you keep checking sites like ZD every day even with potential deadly spoilers floating around like a poisonous gas? I would like to hear all your stories from the anticipation of games you like.

When a new game is announced, I try to stay far away from any new info that comes out mainly for two reasons:
1. If you read too much, you will get anticipation. Anticipation will lead you to hype. Hype will lead to disappointment when your expectations are not met.
2. IMO, not reading any info will make the game seem fresh.

I spoil myself with the occasional video, but I avoid videos that say MAJOR SPOILERS, since I prefer to find out the ending of a game by myself, and not have some person on the interwebs tell me. I watch simple gameplay videos, such as ones for Super Mario 3D Land, or say, a dungeon video for SS, but I don't go any farther than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom