• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why did the aliens invade romani ranch?

I'd like to start a debate about the alien invasion in majora's mask. It takes place outside of the barn during the night, and it has quite a creepy atmosphere surrounding it. If you fail the quest, cremia will show up the next morning, to tell you that the aliens took her little sister with them, although she can be found back at the ranch again during the final day, after she has supposedly been brainwashed by them.

Alien Invasion.jpg

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

She's not really brainwashed, she has PTSD, sadly. It's implied they may have probed her. It's really dark and screwed up stuff.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I guess so, or perhaps they were trying to hide something? One theory i really like is the gorman brothers theory. The gorman brothers basically set the whole thing up by programming alien looking robots to sneak into the barn and steal the cows. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that the aliens seems to take of in a spaceship.

That's a little too heavy on conjecture. There's nothing about the Gorman brothers that suggests they're up to anything like that.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Umm theyre aliens why is there an earth reason for abducting cows and brainwashing a kid??

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly it's just playing to the stereotype of aliens abducting cows, that's a really old trope. I don't think it's that deep. The draw to this sidequest is mainly the emotions surrounding what happens to Romani. That's the same for a lot of MM's content, it's a very emotionally-driven game. They don't need to be that deep with the reasons behind everything, especially for a quest like this that's so out-there in terms of setup.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I feel like the Gorman brothers theory is pretty unlikely, since we haven't really seen a ton in the way of robots in Termina. The aliens are clearly unlike anything we've seen in the rest of the game, and that seems like too much of a jump for a couple of angry Luigis to get their hands on.

There's never been any kind of explanation as to why they want the cows, but I suppose one could assume that the reason is the same as why the Gormans want the cows: For their milk...

Maybe they took Romani to help figure out how exactly the Chateau Romani is obtained, as if there is some process that is needed to get it. I mean, the stuff is pretty potent, allowing Link to have basically infinite magic meter for the entire cycle.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The Aliens abducting cows has been a standard trope for ages. They provide blood, genetic material, protein, all sorts of things in vast quantities and we humans, or Hylians, have them all gathered in a small area. It's too perfect. It's possible these aliens just happened to abduct Romani cows and stumbled upon their magical properties so forget normal cows let's get these.
The Gorman brothers are entirely unrelated but they too seek the magic milk.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I'm too lazy and stuff to think of my own idea so I'm just gonna say that it's supposed to be like "The Father-thing" by Philip K. Dick. The "Romani" you see after you fail the quest might not actually be Romani at all. It's probably just an alien parasite using Romani's body, disguised as a human trying to learn human behavior. My guess is that the aliens are just trying to do what any organism would: Find new territory, and repopulate there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom