• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Adult Timeline is a Paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
Hello and welcome. today, i'm going to show you why i think skyward sword is at the beginning and END of the timeline. here we go! (Skyward Sword spoilers) at the end of ss, it is presumed that link stays with zelda in the world of the past. Now i think ss is at the end of the timeline because the world is barren and blank with signs of ancient civilization(the robots) and the only people inhabiting it are gorko, the dragons, the non-human species, and impa. i find this to be like zeldas 1 and 2. when link and zelda go to the word of the past, the place they land in looks suspiciously like Hyrule field from oot, doesn't it?... centuries later, when link and zeldas families are split apart, Oot occurs. but i know what you're thinking, link forged the master sword in ss, how is it in oot if skyward sword is at the end of the timeline? Well, when link and zelda went back, link probably did what he did with the master sword in the other games: put it in a pedestal somewhere. This is the paradox... if my theory is correct, link and zelda alone will never be able to continue in the timeline past skyward sword. think about it... events of Oot,(insert several millenia here) events of ss, startover, and so on and so on until... uh... the end:(

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't really understand what it is your saying (you didn't even mention a single game placed in the Adult Timeline after the split) but as TheBlueReptle said, we know that Skyward Sword is the beginning of the timeline.

Link and Zelda didn't stay in the past, they returned to their own time and said a final farewell to Impa. I don't agree that any location in Skyward Sword resembles Hyrule Field (but that's just me) and the reason the world is "blank and barren" is because no human races have lived there for centuries so there wouldn't be major urban centres or the like.The intro mentions that after Hylia sent the humans to the sky, she fought Demise's forces with the remaining races. The intro depicts these races as the Mogma, Gorons, Parella, Kikwi and the Lanayru Robots and the only ones who are linked to major constructions are the Lanayru Robots.

As for the Master Sword, Link did place it in the pedastel in the past but it is still in the exact same place, undisturbed when they return to their own time, with Impa still watching over the temple. We also see some Skyloft resisdents fly down to the surface and although they return to the sky, what's to say no other's came to the Surface afterwards?

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
Besides the fact that the Skyward sword has been stated to be the first in the time line, There really is no sign of a previous Hyrule on the land. There would have been remains of Hyrule Castle and such, The buildings on the surface have no markings of being related to anything but the Goddess. The land is almost pristine and Gorons haven't settled in yet.
Also Link and Zelda went to their own time after leaving the Master Sword in the past. So they couldn't have started Hyrule in the past.

just a few thoughts.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
SS is confirmed to be at the beginning of the timeline. This theory is pointless. No offense.

This. Most of what you're saying is pure speculation. Also, I don't understand a lot of the points you're making, perhaps you could clarify. You should also know that in the end of SS, Link and Zelda returned from the past, back to the 'future' world where most of the game takes place; they didn't stay in the past.

Last edited:

Megidrus

Wolf of Time
true coz epona in OoT can only be ridden by adult link but in the intro of MM young link is riding epona???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
ok, ok, i think we can confirm one thing: i'm a suckish noob who doesn't know what he's talking about because he never completed the eldin silent realm and therefore, never finished ss. have a nice day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom