• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The 2012 London Olympics!

Nicole

luke is my wife
Tonight is the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Summer Olympic games! Who else is excited for the huge world event? I know I am! I love the Olympics and the opportunities it gives to people from all over the globe. It unites dozens and dozens of different countries' citizens and gives them one common goal - to cheer their team to victory. Of course, it's not as simple for the actual Olympians who have trained their whole lives for this moment - they're doing a lot more than just cheering.

Here is a list of sports that will be featured in the 2012 Olympics:

• Archery
  • Athletics
  • Badminton
  • Basketball
  • Beach Volleyball
  • Boxing
  • Canoe Slalom
  • Canoe Sprint
  • Cycling - BMX
  • Cycling - Mountain Bike
  • Cycling - Road
  • Cycling - Track
  • Diving
  • Equestrian
  • Fencing
  • Football / Soccer
  • Gymnastics - Artistic
  • Gymnastics - Rhythmic
  • Handball
  • Hockey
  • Judo
  • Modern Pentathlon
  • Rowing
  • Sailing
  • Shooting
  • Swimming
  • Synchronized Swimming
  • Table Tennis
  • Taekwondo
  • Tennis
  • Trampoline
  • Triathlon
  • Volleyball
  • Water Polo
  • Weightlifting
  • Wrestling

Which are your favorite Olympic sports?

Myself, I haven't been exposed to too many Olympic sports. The 2008 Beijing Olympics were my first, but I do recall being in love with a few sports there, namely Beach Volleyball, Diving, Gymnastics - Artistic, and Swimming. This year, Archery, Basketball (basketball is amazing asfasdg), Football / Soccer, Handball, Hockey, and Table Tennis (ping pong is an Olympic sport!!!) seem like they would additionally be very interesting to me. What about you?

Which country are you pulling for? Is it your home country? Or is it perhaps the country you were born in but moved away from? Is it another country altogether, perhaps one your ancestors hailed from?

I'm rooting for good ol' USA, where I was born and currently live. If the athletes from the USA are eliminated in some contests, I might root for countries like Ireland if they're still in, because I'm Irish; or England, because I'm English; or Canada, because I like Canadians.

Use this as your general 2012 London Summer Olympics hub!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Of course I am excited as well! :P Olympics are like the World Cup, they only come after three or four years have passed.

I like to follow them through out, but I do have favorite sports. Those would be soccer/football, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Diving.

Good luck to all the countries that made it. Let the medal collecting begin. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well I am more into Winter Olympics BUT of course I support my country 10000%!!!
I have high hopes for our Hockey teams!

HUP HOLLAND HUP! LAAT DE LEEUW NIET IN ZIJN HEMPIE STAAN!

eb26026111ec60d2da8f3f9c8ec609d0.png

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
•Athletics
•Basketball
•Beach Volleyball
•Cycling - Track
•Diving
•Football / Soccer
•Gymnastics - Artistic
•Gymnastics - Rhythmic
•Swimming
•Tennis
•Triathlon
•Volleyball

These are the events I really look forward too. Btw, why is ping pong in the olympics and not softball? That makes me mad. But yeah, i love to watch all these wonderful sports. Im all for USA. If we are not in a race or have no chance at wining, ill root for Britain and Canada as I have many great friends there. ^^

masterSword2

Smile!
I am very excited for the Olympics! I'll be cheering for USA. I doesn't rally matter to me what the sport is, they all seem interesting enough to watch:).

I generally couldn't care less about competitive sports, but I've enjoyed the Olympics in years past so I'll probably try to watch it here and there. I can't say I'm excited about any sport in particular as I know precious little about any of them really.

It's about time someone created a proper Olympics thread. Thanks, Nicole.

Anyhow, I'm rooting for the U.S.A. Gotta love the land of the free and home of the brave. Archery, diving, fencing, gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, water polo, and weightlifting are the sports which interest me most. And who could forget the marathon at the end?

The event has already started in London as I write this and I'm a bit sour no U.S. television channel is broadcasting the Opening Ceremony live. I suppose you can't always have what you want. I'm traditionally not inclined to watch athletic events on television but the Olympics are an exception.

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't follow sports very well or very much, but whenever the Olympics come along, I tend to watch as many sports as I can. It's lovely to see all these nations come together for a time to compete against each other and to show pride. I, of course, will be rooting for Canada since it's my home field, but that doesn't mean I won't cheer for others as well. In fact, I don't think there's any nations I don't want to win! I want them to all do their best and be proud of what they accomplish. <:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
My favorite sports to watch during the Olympics are Archery, Basketball, Volleyball, Cycling, Diving, Fencing, Soccer, Gymnastics, Rowing, Shooting, Swimming, Tennis, Triathlon.

And I'll be rooting for team U.S.A. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom