• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

That Weird Boss Thingy...

I'm not sure if this warrants a thread, but I'd be interested in your opinions and speculation on that creature that looks like a giant black pineapple with two legs. If that doesn't ring a bell, here's a picture:

skyward-sword-strange-boss.png

I realize it's been talked about before, but I'd like a thread focused primarily on it.

I just think its a boss im not really sure if its going to be super significant to the plot or anything.

H

Hëradïn

it is pineapple foot incarnate! he looks kind of lumbering and slow, perhaps he is just a mini boss.

I feel this boss obviously plays some sort of major role in the game, as it's been showed in many trailers. In Link's dream of Zelda falling off of her bird, this is the same creature that is seen basically swallowing her up. Perhaps a creation of Ghirahim? Little is known about the actual powers of Ghirahim, but to think he could conjure up something like this is certainly not impossible or a first for the Zelda series. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. Things noticeable from the picture you provided, it's obviously large, it seems to be fought in the forest area (trees around top of hole where you fight him in) and from the previous trailers of it taking away Zelda, it's probable it has some sort of flying or warping ability. I feel we'll be fighting/seeing this boss more than once throughout the game, and it will probably have some noticeable significance. Of course, no one really knows for sure at this point though :rolleyes:

I think he/she will have a very major significance to the plot, as we've seen it swallow ZELDA. I mean, the series is named after her, and the thing swallows her whole. This guy is the creature that serves the goddeses, right?? If I'm wrong, please VM or PM me. Anyways, I think he'll be a major part of Skyward Sword.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think he/she will have a very major significance to the plot, as we've seen it swallow ZELDA. I mean, the series is named after her, and the thing swallows her whole. This guy is the creature that serves the goddeses, right?? If I'm wrong, please VM or PM me. Anyways, I think he'll be a major part of Skyward Sword.

It never actually swallows her. She is snatched away by the servant of the Goddess.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Reminds me of a giant lizard for some reason. Until we have an official name for it, mine will be Godzilla.

It never actually swallows her. She is snatched away by the servant of the Goddess.

But that's not what the guy is saying. He's saying the monster that ate Zelda which isn't actually
That creature. The creature is a whale and this is giant demented pineapple

Djinn

and Tonic
does anyone else get the impression that this boss looks very......less epic on the ground in this scene? After the large buildup as this amazing and scary entity that haunts Link's nightmares in the early parts of the game and seeing it swallow Zelda whole taking her away, then we have this small part. Then it appears as a large hairy thing that stomps around with two enormous feet. I am not too sure why but when I look at these boss fight pics, it just makes me think of a hairy muppet monster.

Frazzle.JPG

I suppose I just keep getting my hopes up too high. Since I expect some kind of Cthulhu-type of eldrich abomination but instead I see something that I cannot help but want to name Mr. Grumbles. I guess that is the nature of the art style in this game, the bokoblins have also changed to have a little more family friendly appearance.

To me, it seems... incomplete: Like I said, it looks like a giant pineapple with legs and no apparent head or arms. I'm half expecting it to transform somehow at some point.

I think it is a half awakened version of Ghirahim's master. It is obviously significant to the plot since it eats Zelda in Link's dreams. It seems to appear in the Sealed Grounds which may suggest that it has somehow broken out of some sort of ancient seal. Actually, since it seems to be trying to reach the castle at the top of the hole, it may be that the monster will fully break the seal on itself if it escapes. The huge mouth and hair/spikes on its head do give it a slight resemblance to the head demon we see in the intro.

Whatever it is, we should keep in mind that Link dreams of it eating Zelda and that it is fought in the Sealed Grounds. Those are our biggest clues.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
It's a cross between Godzilla, and a Rotton Pine-apple. X3 Seriously...

This is epic, i'm like, going to explode when we get to see ALL of it, and even fight it!! This will be very interesting, but from what's visible; it either came from underground, it warped there be acident, or it morphed into that current form as a means of getting out.

I like the Demented Pineapple/Godzilla idea, it make me want kick it's behind all the way to the sacred realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom