• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

That Hylian Loach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Well, yes. I'm trying to catch OoT's Hylian Loach, but I just can't.

I've been trying at least once a day, for about 2 and a half months.

I've read the site's guide, but I still have problems. First of all, I don't know where it appears(in what part of the pond).
Second, I'm not completely sure about the chances. the site's guide says it's about 1 out of 4 chance, but there are other places I've visited that don't say so. What are the true chances?
And lastly, the fish size. My biggest one is about 19 pounds. It's alright, isn't it?

So... please help me. I really want to catch that Hylian Loach!!!

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
i can't help you with catching it, but all that i know is that you have to get the sinking lure, which is in one of four places around the pond. once you get that, then the loach is either right under the log the sort of curves or it isn't there at all.

the first and only time i saw it was after i caught a 24(?) pounder, and have never been able to locate it sense

It took me a long time to catch it when I did because the thing is so heavy. You need the sinking lure, and the Loach appears right at dawn. Best bet is to go into the fishing pond right when you hear the rooster crow to signify the morning. This is all I done and eventually, you will see him in there. He looks like an eel, and weighs a lot, and from what I remember, sets in the very middle of the pond on the bottom.

I never caught that sucker, not even those few times I happened to get sinking lure. It was such fun little fishing simulator and we even used to keep fishing contests back when Ocarina of Time came out. Someday i'm still gonna catch that thing... Someday.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I was never able to catch it.I tried to but never was able to.But I will not give up trying to catch it.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Here is a tip:

Get the Frog Lure or the Sinking Lure.

The frog lure can be obtained by finishing the roll-goal mini game made by hena. It is in the Fishing hut, just look around until you see a box. Beat all levels and you get the frog lure. The hylian Loach can be found on the upper part of the lake. I usually try in the summertime. because it is where the loach is active.

And in summer, you see lilypads on the northern part of the lake, the hylian loach is there.

OR use the sinking lure.

that i forgot how to get but try fishing at the upper left (if your playing the WII version) corner of the lake.

Hope this helps

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think the question was asked about OoT, not TP.

I haven't caught the big guy in either of them. I've caught *a* Hylian Loach in TP - the little version, over by the Zoras' grave in Kakariko, but not the big one. In OoT, I believe I once hooked the sucker, fought for a good half-hour, and lost him.

I don't know how/where to get the Sinking Lure in either game, though... I've been playing TP for the third time and only *just now* discovered where that darn Roll Goal game is and, so far, I really, really suck at it. Can't get past the first little bit of the first level - and it doesn't seem like it's worth the frustration, stupid thing. Would rather go save the world, yes. In OoT, I have no idea how/where to get the sinking lure, and I think the time I hooked the loach was pure chance.

I'm sorry that I cannot help, just letting you know that I share your pain.

There's a certain point in Zelda fishing that, if the weather is nice outside in realspace, I go out and fish for real. (I've been living near a creek for the last few years).

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Well, thanks for the help.

But I still have a little question. What are the chances of finding it? I swear you, from the time I posted this thread, I've been trying a lot of times, but I still can find it.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
In my opinoon catching the Hylian Loach is only worth it if you are a perfectionist like i am. All you get for it is 50 ruppes.

I think the question was asked about OoT, not TP.

I haven't caught the big guy in either of them. I've caught *a* Hylian Loach in TP - the little version, over by the Zoras' grave in Kakariko, but not the big one. In OoT, I believe I once hooked the sucker, fought for a good half-hour, and lost him.

I don't know how/where to get the Sinking Lure in either game, though... I've been playing TP for the third time and only *just now* discovered where that darn Roll Goal game is and, so far, I really, really suck at it. Can't get past the first little bit of the first level - and it doesn't seem like it's worth the frustration, stupid thing. .

Oh, it only gets worse, I got thru several levels before I finally decided it wasn't worth the agravation.

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
He is only findable in summer and fall I believe. I am positive about summer but not fall. You must use the frog lure or sinking lure. Frog lure is what I used. I would be prepared for frustration. He will sometimes jump and get loose and you will have to try again. Once you catch him though congratz.

Ps. The roll goal agme is way to hard on the wii. I did it on the gamecube and then when I got the wii version i could get past like 6.

Pss. the sinking lure is on the edge of the bank across that bridge where you get the empty bottle. It is near the darker patch in the grass. May take a bit of slight movements back and forth. Pain in the butt!

He is only findable in summer and fall I believe. I am positive about summer but not fall. You must use the frog lure or sinking lure. Frog lure is what I used. I would be prepared for frustration. He will sometimes jump and get loose and you will have to try again. Once you catch him though congratz.

Ps. The roll goal agme is way to hard on the wii. I did it on the gamecube and then when I got the wii version i could get past like 6.

Pss. the sinking lure is on the edge of the bank across that bridge where you get the empty bottle. It is near the darker patch in the grass. May take a bit of slight movements back and forth. Pain in the butt!

There is no frog lure in Ocarina of Time. Read the post, this isn't about catching the loach in Twilight Princess.

And the Hylian Loach (in OoT) is usually out early in the morning when it is raining.

Correcting you is not being an asshole. You just need to learn how to make proper posts and actually read these threads.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I've caught him. It's 30+ pounds from what I remember. You just get a purple rupee and it won't count on your record. It comes around Dawn and it does require the sinking lure. Even when the lure is next to it, most of the time it won't bite. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom