• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time That Guard Who Dies in OoT

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
So people found that guard who dies in OoT, right? ya know the one who has a message for ya' before you enter the temple of time, the one in the back alleyway, if he dies because he got attacked by Ganon why are all the other guards oblivious to this and keep up their normal jobs when the king is dead? That and couldn't he have made a more important role on us or something? like if we had of met him and then you remember him rather than being some faceless weirdo who is stalking us down.

M

Mystic Shade

Maybe they'll expand him in the 3ds remake, but I think the guard is only there to provide a hidden easter egg and give a little more detail on Ganondorf's attack on Hyrule Castle.

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
"He's not moving anymore..."
It really creeps me out...
His final words are telling you things you probably know already, about the Ocarina of Time
I wouldn't mind him being in the remake

He could almost have his own fan fic written about him, detailing his journey while you were busy sleeping for 7 years, or running around the belly of Jabu-Jabu. I mean you got to figure that some of the soldiers ran away from fear (I mean people do that in war today). Others probably stood and fought. Maybe he was there to remind you that the rest of time was not frozen as you were going about your individual journey but Hyrule itself was struggling.

But yeah I would really like to read a fan fic about this soldier and his role in the Hylian Army.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Ok as I started this thing I should say, the guard is in the back alley in hyrule market, he is there after you get the third stone and Zelda has escaped from Ganondorf (Your still a child), he is right out of the way which is almost stupid because he is probably missed by nearly everyone, yet if you go to the castle then all the other guards do their usual stuff

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Also, he's not there once you pull the Master Sword, so you can only see him between getting the third stone and pulling the Master Sword.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
But yeah I would really like to read a fan fic about this soldier and his role in the Hylian Army.

This would be amazing, I am not a huge fan of fan fics, but this is one I definitely would be into.

If he does have some new role in the 3DS remake of the game, I would be thrilled because it is an area of the game which I have personally been fascinated with since I first saw him. To be honest, anything which is added into the 3DS remake I will be incredibly excited about. If we are given a complete experience which was not possible to give at the time of original release, but was planned I could see this game becoming an even greater piece of gaming history.

A little off track, but yes the Soldier is an incredibly compelling character and anything to do with him I would eat right up!

OotLord1003

Young Link
Yeah, I've encoutered this, It was one of the cutscenes in the game that had alot of meaning.
But apperanly, he was trying to stop ganondorf, but his horse hit him. He was one who belived in Zelda's dreams.
So zelda gave him a message to tell link. I can't remember what he says. But you just sit their, and watch him die.
It was quite sad actully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom