• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

That Canadian Thread

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
there is one stereotype that bothers me, its the stereotype that we all say eh, I'm a Canadian and never say eh and I haven't met all that many people that do, whether a Canadian says eh is dependent on the part of Canada he or she is from.

I've heard that's a Newfie thing actually... I say it a lot, but then again, I do have Newfie blood

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
on another note there is one stereotype that bothers me, its the stereotype that we all say eh, I'm a Canadian and never say eh and I haven't met all that many people that do, whether a Canadian says eh is dependent on the part of Canada he or she is from.

I actually don't really like that stereotype too much either. I do admit, though, sometimes I do say eh... well, not say it. I've never said it ever. But sometimes, when I'm writing, that does slip out. I don't know why o_O I've never stopped myself, though. But I'm the only person I know who says eh, so it's definitely not very common :P

I wouldn't think that it would be passed an genetically but you never know genetics could be a factor, its probably a cultural or developmental factor.

I know I don't say eh very often or at all because it just isn't part of my speech pattern.

Last edited:

Dan

Alo all I was just about to come to this fried eh. Anyway I'm a Candian, and every morning when I get up to have coco pops, I like every other Canadian use bagged milk for it. Just like every other Canadian I ride my moose to work every morning, I lift bags of milk to get stronger. I go to the moose wash every Thursday and give my moose a good clean.
There is this really nasty British person that won't shut up about Canadians finished invention, yes bagged milk, her name is Hollie, I have a proof that she is not only British but a Chav, a voice recording! Vocaroo | Voice message(I didn't pathetically take 30 minutes to look for that in a skype log)

Anyway Peace out my fellow Canadians, I'm now going to rest my head on my milk bag pillow.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I am clearly Canadian.

Last year I was diagnosed as a Canadian.

Doctors believe I will forever more be a Canadian.

It's not like I go oat and aboat putting bahzil on mi bahgulz for mi mum-

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY, I'M TURNING CANADIIIIAAA--

Fused_shadows is a Canadian, but he's the worst Canadian. I am sorry to all Canadians that he is apart of your country. :(

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I have never failed to have a good time in Winnipeg (I grew up about a 3 hour drive from there). Hope to visit Toronto some day

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
There are days when Alaska feels like an honorary Canadian territory, since the US doesn't seem to claim us a lot of the time =/ I've driven through Yukon and British Columbia about 20 times, but it's been about 10 years since the last trip. I'd like to do it again. Both are beautiful places! One of my best friends married a Canadian and it is fascinating to chat with him about the differences between Canada and the US.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
There are days when Alaska feels like an honorary Canadian territory, since the US doesn't seem to claim us a lot of the time =/ I've driven through Yukon and British Columbia about 20 times, but it's been about 10 years since the last trip. I'd like to do it again. Both are beautiful places! One of my best friends married a Canadian and it is fascinating to chat with him about the differences between Canada and the US.

You live in Alaska? Wow! That's really cool! How is it there, except for cold :P I've always wondered. And how does Yukon look? Is it similar to Alaska?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You live in Alaska? Wow! That's really cool! How is it there, except for cold :P I've always wondered. And how does Yukon look? Is it similar to Alaska?

Not heard of the amazing Michelle Simpson? *gasp

In all seriousness, I've heard Alaska is a pretty nice place. I've never been there myself, but I've seen pictures. I'm pretty sure it is cold there, but no colder really than our northern territories

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom