• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread That '70s Show Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Pancake was saying yesterday that he thought Rubik was Town. Just had to point this out because fallacies like this are huge in my experience with games, seems like you're trying to twist facts to see if you can get away with it. Luckily I'm actually paying attention to the game so I caught you on this.
I dong see how this relates to my post you quoted at all.
Now I guess you are saying because Rubik voted Pancake, Mafia wanted to frame Pancake as being salty and NKing Rubik over it? Doesn't quite work.
I thoroughly explained that in the post Hero quoted so if you want to point out flawed logic I’d better understand if you quoted that post.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
See this is bad. Like really bad. Cause I happen to be pretty sure that he’s town also from role related reasons. So um, if you could unvote before the mafia are all online that would be great.

Either you're his scumbud and you're bluffing, or you're confused. I'm certain he's scum due to role related reasons as well.

funnier6

Courage~
Either you're his scumbud and you're bluffing, or you're confused. I'm certain he's scum due to role related reasons as well.
That’s odd, mine are a bit indirect so it’s possible he’s a miller, that or I’m very confused. Is anyone a bus driver?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Not really. All I wish to see is who he suspects, and that's about it. There's already quite a bit of information considering how the players have reacted to the suspicion.

Also, I outlined my suspicions on you. You emphasized quite strongly you wanted the chance to defend yourself but you seem to be avoiding the post now.

I didn't reply because I'm not under fire right now and didn't want to draw focus off of the two other candidates. I want to hear their defense first. Though if you do want to hear from me...

My suspicion of you mainly depends on whether or not SMS is scum. The fact that you voted him at the end of Day 1 and then SMS voted him as well immediately when Day 2 started seemed almost as if you two had decided he would be a good lynch target for the next Day. There's also the fact that you're throwing shade on your accuser, which doesn't exactly make you look any better. You put me on your townie list on Day 1, then I voice a suspicion on you, suddenly I'm leaning scum? Also, sorry for giving you a lame reason, but your read list on Day 1 kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed a bit extra and try-hardy, especially after Kirino called you out for not generating new ideas.

...I can't speak for SMS as to why he voted for Rubik the day after I did. I can say, however, that I gave my logic for why I voted him, while SMS basically stated that his play felt "off". Also, while I voted for him day 1 and 2, SMS, the likely mafia candidate, only voted for him day 2, and quickly unvoted, while I kept my vote on him until just before the day ended and it became clear that it was going nowhere. If we decided he would be a good lynch target, why would only two of the "mafia" vote for him, and have only one of them change their vote off halfway through the day. If we gave up on lynching him, why would I keep my vote on him until the end of the day? Especially considering that I began my vote on day one.

Like I said, the main issue I had was your inactivity. The vote one me was secondary, and only because you had made it without an explanation. I find that kind of behavior suspicious, I voted Rubik for it day one and two after all, so you can't say I'm inconsistent :sweat:

Kirino's statement was irrelevant. I gave my list at the very end of day one so that everyone would know my rationale for voting Rubik, it had nothing to do with his comment. Also, what's wrong with posting my opinion after someone asked for it? And what's the point of asking for it if that's viewed as suspicious? :shrugs:

I get your drift. Why not just outright claim though?

I'd rather have everyone who's not in the spotlight keep from claiming, at least for today. If we do manage to pin a mafia today and carry into the next day, we'd be at a disadvantage if a power role was announced. I want that to be a last resort for when you're under fire, I'd rather the mafia not know.

That’s odd, mine are a bit indirect so it’s possible he’s a miller, that or I’m very confused. Is anyone a bus driver?

Do you know if anyone on the show would match the role of a bus driver? I'm not familiar with the series.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
...I can't speak for SMS as to why he voted for Rubik the day after I did. I can say, however, that I gave my logic for why I voted him, while SMS basically stated that his play felt "off".
I also said I was suspicious of Rubik back on Day 1, I voted him Day 2, I told him I wanted to see him post some more, he came back with the "my activity usually isn't allignment indicative" post, which I found believiable in his case because there were a few games I played in with him where he was town, but inactive, it felt like it had been awhile since that happened though, anyway I unvoted him with that in mind.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Who do you want to vote?
Right now, I'm leaning towards SMS or Pancake.

But I just now noticed the softing going on above and not sure what this means for Pancake. Most of my suspicion against Pancake is the idea that he and SMS are scumbuds together. If funnier is telling the truth and no funny business can be explained, and Pancake is actually innocent than I'm not sure where that'd leave us.

I don't want funnier or Sadia to explicitly claim yet. I don't want us to lose our role claim when there is more to discuss and look at, and I'd prefer someone who's about to be lynched use the claim.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I think we should go for SMS today. Everyone seems to agree that he's mafia, and his death/other people's night activities may shed some light on the Pancake situation, as well as buy us some much needed time. Also:

First order of business, @Rubik

I've played in enough games with him at this point to have been able to get a good idea of his town playstyle. This game I'm not getting the normal good vibes I get from him when he is Town. It's also really strange to not see him as one of the more vocal players, even on Day 1. I didn't see that from him, so he is my prime suspect today.

I also said I was suspicious of Rubik back on Day 1, I voted him Day 2, I told him I wanted to see him post some more, he came back with the "my activity usually isn't allignment indicative" post, which I found believiable in his case because there were a few games I played in with him where he was town, but inactive, it felt like it had been awhile since that happened though, anyway I unvoted him with that in mind.

You did not say that you wanted to see him post more. You said that you weren't getting "good vibes" from him. Which is basically what I stated in my post.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
See this is bad. Like really bad. Cause I happen to be pretty sure that he’s town also from role related reasons. So um, if you could unvote before the mafia are all online that would be great.

We've got funnier saying "pretty sure" and Sadia saying "certain". I happen to be leaning towards Pancake being mafia, but I'm almost certain of SMS, as are most of us. So I'm going to start off the votes against him and see where that puts us day 4 if we make it that far.

Vote: SMS

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Ah, I was looking at your original reason. You didn't say that until after unvoting and being called out for it. I do still find it a bit shady, but yeah, sorry 'bout that slip up. My vote stands tho

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Look, four of you have already seen my vote: Funnier, SMS, Doc and HoT. One of you, if not two, are scum. If Pancake really were town, you guys would have bandwagoned by now and won the game. Instead, there have been no votes on him after mine. Why? He is scum, and his teammates are wondering what to do. I find it really weird how HoT has started a counterwagon, almost like he doesn't want Pancake lynched.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Look, four of you have already seen my vote: Funnier, SMS, Doc and HoT. One of you, if not two, are scum. If Pancake really were town, you guys would have bandwagoned by now and won the game. Instead, there have been no votes on him after mine. Why? He is scum, and his teammates are wondering what to do. I find it really weird how HoT has started a counterwagon, almost like he doesn't want Pancake lynched.
My concern is over whether or not you’re actually scum. That’s why I’m not jumping on the Lynch with you. Starting the first wagon and then going “Oh, look, nobody’s joining they must be scum” is a strategy.

I’m not saying that this is what is happening. But with funnier saying his role tells him Pancake is innocent, and your info is opposite, than I don’t feel comfortable jumping on his lynch, especially when we have more than 24 hours left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom