• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread That '70s Show Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
I feel really bad about not being able to post yesterday, and will definitely try and make it up this Day Phase. Gonna remind townies it's probably lylo today so vote with caution unless you want mafioso to bandwagon and win.

That being said, my town reads thus far are Doc and funnier. At this point I am quite positive that Pancake and SMS are scumbuds (which I believe Doc speculated about yesterday), with Pancake being my biggest suspicion. The remaining mafioso is a toss-up between Storma and HoT, and I am leaning toward the latter.

The biggest reason I suspect Pancake to be scum was this interaction which stuck out like a sore thumb:

Vote: SMS

He's been posting very frequently but there's no substance to any of his post, I feel. I also don't like his vote against Rubik. Nothing about Rubiks playstyle feels very off to me. I am getting a slight town read off him. I am also not getting his suspicion on Moe because he's been acting fairly normal too. His meta reads are just very off and don't make sense. It just feels like he's trying to find something to put heat on these two and it hasn't been working.

Ok I am buying what you are selling

My vote was mostly just pressure to get some more substance out of you and it worked so my pressure vote has now become moot.

Unvote
Vote: Moe

I am not finding you inherently scummy and FoSing doesnt really do much imo.

Can I get something from you that isn't just a town read, Moe?

The vote and then unvote on SMS. Honestly, it's a classic scumbud move. You know, when you try and bus your scumbud just a little bit to create distance but then not too much because that will actually result in a loss for the team.

Ok, for the sake of it, consider the fact that SMS ISN'T scum. I remember being scumbuds with Pancake years ago and also distinctly remember the reason he got caught:he bandwagoned with whatever major suspicion town had. That is basically what he's doing here. Funnier suspects SMS, Pancake votes him. Then, although he outright says he thinks Moe's been acting normal, he votes him anyway and leaves the pressure vote so Moe can get lynched. Scummy scummy.

I also don't totally agree on random lynching someone day one just because it usually ends up being a mislych. Then again this could work out for us just because we can potentially get a reaction out of them and see if anyone is defending them or not (Like what is happening with YIGA). YIGA has had a "I don't care but I care immensely" sort of vibe with his posting. I don't feel like he should be lynched but we don't really have many options so far. :shrugs:

Another classic scum thing to say. Basically saying, "let's not lynch the guy I know will be town, but since I want the townie gone, I won't give other options!"

Also. Rubik is honestly a weird choice for the Mafia NK. Because his posting style makes him a good potential lynch target. However, if you look at his posts here, my theory gets solidified:

Let's kill Pancake.

I think my activity level is generally not alignment indicative.

I voted for pancake because he removed his vote, stated it was just an RVS vote, and didn't replace it with a new one. I found that pretty scummy, tbh.

Vote: Pancake

Sorry if the post is sloppy I have a class to run to. But I definitely think this is the direction town should be going in today.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
^^ Yeah, we're in LYLO, so we should be careful with our votes. If one townie places a wrong vote, mafia can quickly jump on and hammer.

I thought being bulletproof protects you from being NKed?

Also, I wonder if the way that was phrased was any indication of who killed him? "I know you're not one of the hooligans...I just don't like you anyways" Did anyone post like that yesterday?

And we

It’s a 1-shot. So he either used N1 or just didn’t use it tonight. In my experience, 1-shot means you have to activate it. Not just protection from the first attack against you.

The flavor was probably just because Rubik was survivor.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
I feel really bad about not being able to post yesterday, and will definitely try and make it up this Day Phase. Gonna remind townies it's probably lylo today so vote with caution unless you want mafioso to bandwagon and win.

That being said, my town reads thus far are Doc and funnier. At this point I am quite positive that Pancake and SMS are scumbuds (which I believe Doc speculated about yesterday), with Pancake being my biggest suspicion. The remaining mafioso is a toss-up between Storma and HoT, and I am leaning toward the latter.

The biggest reason I suspect Pancake to be scum was this interaction which stuck out like a sore thumb:

The vote and then unvote on SMS. Honestly, it's a classic scumbud move. You know, when you try and bus your scumbud just a little bit to create distance but then not too much because that will actually result in a loss for the team.

Ok, for the sake of it, consider the fact that SMS ISN'T scum. I remember being scumbuds with Pancake years ago and also distinctly remember the reason he got caught:he bandwagoned with whatever major suspicion town had. That is basically what he's doing here. Funnier suspects SMS, Pancake votes him. Then, although he outright says he thinks Moe's been acting normal, he votes him anyway and leaves the pressure vote so Moe can get lynched. Scummy scummy.

Another classic scum thing to say. Basically saying, "let's not lynch the guy I know will be town, but since I want the townie gone, I won't give other options!"

Also. Rubik is honestly a weird choice for the Mafia NK. Because his posting style makes him a good potential lynch target. However, if you look at his posts here, my theory gets solidified:

Sorry if the post is sloppy I have a class to run to. But I definitely think this is the direction town should be going in today.

I think you maybe onto something there.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
More like Pancake is scum, Storma is scum, and the remaining Mafioso is a toss up. I really doubt it is Funnier, but at this point I'm not sure, my reads have not been good. Like I said yesterday I do think Doc might be scum, and I still feel the same today.

It could be very easy to just believe I'm scum, but I urge you all since this is Lylo if I get lynched, Town loses.

funnier6

Courage~
Mkay here’s about where I stand right now

Town:
Hero of Time - I don’t know his style super well but his posts seem much townier to me than last game where he was town so that must count for something.

Pancake- I feel like I have a really good idea of what Pancakes scum play is and this just doesn’t seem like it to me. When he’s scum he’s always super hype but he’s been gliding along like he normally does as town and the wifom Rubik kill really clinched that for me.

Not enough info:

Sadia- Lynching Sadia is a huge risk imo cause she posted some substance before now but without knowing her better I have zero clue what that means her alignment. Any substance posted today could be attributed to desperately wanting to not be lynched and I feel it’s impossible to get a good read from that.

Storma- Typical low posting meandering storma stuff. I’d also say it’s near impossible to read him at this point because normally storma is a day one or day two lynch regardless of alignment so his still being alive just serves to make me paranoid and I don’t think we should place all our bets on him being scum.

Probably scum:

SMS- I found his day two mostly better than his day one but given my current options and the fact that even though he’s “the most active” half his posts are one liners I’d rather him over the players above.

Doc- Doc is here for similar reasons. I’m not absolutely sure he’s scum but when I look at everyone else I just see any other option and if he was town I feel I would’ve seen it by now.

Willing to vote the bottom two, not so much above.
That being said, my town reads thus far are Doc
Why?
The remaining mafioso is a toss-up between Storma and HoT, and I am leaning toward the latter.
Why HoT? I don’t really see where your reads are coming from.
I actually thought that was one of his better posts and quite a bit of work to put in for maybe maybe not bus cred.
Rubik is honestly a weird choice for the Mafia NK. Because his posting style makes him a good potential lynch target.
I disagree strongly. Rubik isn’t really a mislynchable player at all and is even less lynchable as mafia. That sounds weird but he really is townier as scum than town. Anyway there’s also a two birds with one stone here since Rubik tunneled Pancake most of the game which creates a wifom situation since it attracts attention to Pancake. If Pancake did kill him it was because it was too obvious and easily scoffed away and if it wasn’t it was because the mafia hoped town would jump in Pancake and give them an easy win. So you see why I wasn’t to avoid that whole scenario because in the end it was the mafia who set it up.
However, if you look at his posts here, my theory gets solidifie
Guess I already said all I needed to about that but I think it more supports my theory.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
The remaining mafioso is a toss-up between Storma and HoT, and I am leaning toward the latter.

I would also like to express my interest in an explanation of this. Literally no one else has had any suspicion of me, they've either thought I was town, or didn't say anything. If you have a lead on why I may be scummy, say so. I'd like the chance to defend myself, please. Also, OOF, you literally said everything I was going to say about Pancake...

I can understand the suspicion towards Storma, he's only posted six times in the entirety of the game, and only once yesterday.

SMS is giving of a town vibe, but i can't really explain it. Other than that this game seems pretty dry so I don't have much to say.

Literally the only "helpful" post he's made the entire time was that he had a "feeling" that SMS is town.

I'm really leaning town on funnier. He's made an active effort in scumhunting, and really tried to keep the conversation flowing when it was at low points. But probably my favorite part was this conversation with YIGA on day one:

YIGAhim said:
2- I have no proposition for the course of action we take besides not voting inactives, and not voting me.
This should be pretty good motivation for you to get one.

YIGAhim said:
I'm going to just sit back and wait for someone to slip up, like usual
So generally if you don’t do anything someone will accidentally reveal they’re scum just to fill the silence? Name one time that’s happened ever.

YIGAhim said:
I havev in fact made that point. It's for a reaction, and when they don't get it they will unvote. I can't edefend the entire zero bad things I have done. In fact, I have contributed plenty, especially being one of the first to actively go against blindly picking inactives
Every time you acknowledge it you’re reacting whether you realize or not. This post is a reaction. Clearly you would not have made these posts if you didn’t have those votes against you so arguing that it isn’t accomplishing anything is something of an oxymoron.

YIGAhim said:
[Pressure votes]Doesn't work on me. Doesn't work on anyone else usually.
It’s working on you right now.

I totally didn't notice it at the time, but funnier was trying to get YIGA to defend himself. YIGA had basically decided to put up a poker face when he was being wagoned, and funnier realized it was dooming him. He didn't think YIGA was scum, and tried to help him prove it, he never voted for YIGA day one. Though, unfortunately, YIGA ended up being killed anyway. This is a very town play imo. He also didn't vote Moe D2, who flipped town.

Now this one is hard... I really don't want SMS to be scum, but he's been, as David Guetta put it "Talking loud, not saying much". Lots of posts from SMS, I believe he's said more than anyone this game, but so few of them contained anything of substance. Seems like a mafia boi trying to look innocent by being chatty, but not really helping out.

I'm mainly blank on Doc. He hasn't done much in the way of town plays, but I've not really seen anything scummy about him either. He believed Moe to be more town than SMS was yesterday, from what he said. However, this could also have been a safe scum move, as he let him die in the end, when it was in his power to save him.

I'm leaning scum on Sadia slightly, mainly because of the lurkiness. However he (she?) has certainly made town-y posts when active. There's also Sadia's suspicion on me. If there's something scummy I've done, I want her to say so, especially as no one else has stated anything scummy about me. I just don't see that as a town play, (regardless of the fact the FoS was on me, I'd feel the same about such a statement without rational about anyone, take my earlier vote on Rubik, for example). However, I don't want to vote Sadia today, it's too much of a risk, imo, especially when Pancake and SMS seem scummier.

tl;dr, as it stands, I will vote either SMS or Pancake today. If one of them flips scum, it's likely the other is as well. I believe the third mafia is either Sadia or Doc, though it's a very slight read on them.

Also we have time, so nobody just toss out votes because the scum can pile on, I don't want a repeat of BotW Mafia.

I didn't play that one, but I read it, and...yeah, it went about as bad as it possibly could've...

Storma- Typical low posting meandering storma stuff. I’d also say it’s near impossible to read him at this point because normally storma is a day one or day two lynch regardless of alignment so his still being alive just serves to make me paranoid and I don’t think we should place all our bets on him being scum.

^ This is why Storma isn't really high on my "bad guy" list. From what I've seen, he never posts much, though I second that paranoid feeling...

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well you've activily stayed away from the game, and haven't even casted votes. I think because you are scum, you knew that we were lynching townies, so you distanced yourself from those wagons.

Are you certain that you’re suspicious or certain that he’s scum?
Certain of my suspicion, just based off him shying away from casting votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom