• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread That '70s Show Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't have many thoughts to give. I'm never great at day ones, especially the initial part of day one.

Anyways, the only thoughts I've had reading the thread was that I think Moe jumped the gun on giving Kirino a town lean, but I don't think thats alignment indicative. Moe makes jump conclusions like that.

I disagree with targeting inactives. Chances are most of the mafia will be active. At least active enough to avoid getting lynched as an inactive. I'd rather we have SOME basis for lynches other than inactive. Otherwise we're just randomly picking and hoping that that person is mafia.

funnier6

Courage~
I can try to help @funnier6 but it depends on if others join in.

So far I don't mind the direction of the Day, aside from the suggestion of lynching inactives. It's just all typical Day 1 stuff. I'll be able to give better thoughts later in the day maybe.
If you don’t want it to be typical day one stuff why not give the people something to talk about that isn’t typical day one stuffff. Use your imagination. Literally everyone could say oh there’s nothing going on and so they wouldn’t do anything and so nothing would ever happen and we’d end up in the exact same position tomorrow. Choose someone to vote, who cares about reasons but maybe after they and the others react to it you’ll have some reasons. Point is you don’t need other people to do something for you to talk about if you do it for them.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
What I am saying is that I think a foolish thing like starting a lynch wagon by drawing a name from a hat is a bad idea, and when they see it's not working they will simply unvote. I am calling their bluff. If I am lynched, let's hope in the next game they are wiser, and I hope the town will gain info from my unfortunate lynch

So, opposed to lynching you, what do you suggest should be the town's course of action for today?

The votes are a part of the pressure. What is not working on me is me cracking under pressure and being scummy

It's not inherently scummy to crack if you're the Day 1 sacrificial lamb. It would be frustrating if you're an important town PR. I can imagine myself doing the same.

Unvote

Vote: Doc

Any reason you don't want to lynch Yiga today?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
So, opposed to lynching you, what do you suggest should be the town's course of action for today?

It's not inherently scummy to crack if you're the Day 1 sacrificial lamb. It would be frustrating if you're an important town PR. I can imagine myself doing the same.

I die in this game because town takes this course of action, and they will learn in future games. You have to think about future games too. I am not opposed to having myself and others learn the hard way.

Don't lynch me. You won't lynch me. I'm just the bait. I can't defend myself for multiple reasons:

1- I have done literally nothing wrong

2- I have no proposition for the course of action we take besides not voting inactives, and not voting me.

I'm going to just sit back and wait for someone to slip up, like usual

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
People will still lynch you if you don't contribute, even if you keep flipping town when they do. If you don't change how you're approaching things, the end result will probably just be that your team is will be less likely to win because you're not proactively defending yourself or trying to scumhunt (or at least look like you are).

I assume people are voting for you primarily to get a reaction out of you and use that to determine your alignment. That in itself is a reason.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
People will still lynch you if you don't contribute, even if you keep flipping town when they do. If you don't change how you're approaching things, the end result will probably just be that your team is will be less likely to win because you're not proactively defending yourself or trying to scumhunt (or at least look like you are).

I assume people are voting for you primarily to get a reaction out of you and use that to determine your alignment. That in itself is a reason.

I havev in fact made that point. It's for a reaction, and when they don't get it they will unvote. I can't edefend the entire zero bad things I have done. In fact, I have contributed plenty, especially being one of the first to actively go against blindly picking inactives

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Vote: Kirino

What are your reasons?

I die in this game because town takes this course of action, and they will learn in future games. You have to think about future games too. I am not opposed to having myself and others learn the hard way.

Don't lynch me. You won't lynch me. I'm just the bait. I can't defend myself for multiple reasons:

2- I have no proposition for the course of action we take besides not voting inactives, and not voting me.

You make legitimate points about being unable to defend yourself. However, the problem is, in an inactive game like this, you can't just "sit back and wait for someone to slip up." Nobody is talking, so how can one be scummy? What if nobody slips up today? Who would you pick to lynch?

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't want to lynch Yiga, at least not at this point. Simply for the reason that he is regularly posting, and in a game like this we need all the activity we can get.

Unovte

Waiting on @HeroOfTime , @PancakeSamurai , @Libk , and @Stormageden747 to make at least one serious post

funnier6

Courage~
Ew going with the majority.

A: Majority is almost always wrong on day one, I like to at least have a counter wagon so we can think about our options.

B: It’s unhelpful to go along with what everyone is doing because for all you know it’s a waste of time and you should be doing you’re own thing cause then you were just voting someone because other people were and it’s hard to read into that.
Lol, “wrong”.
This should be pretty good motivation for you to get one.
So generally if you don’t do anything someone will accidentally reveal they’re scum just to fill the silence? Name one time that’s happened ever.
I havev in fact made that point. It's for a reaction, and when they don't get it they will unvote. I can't edefend the entire zero bad things I have done. In fact, I have contributed plenty, especially being one of the first to actively go against blindly picking inactives
Every time you acknowledge it you’re reacting whether you realize or not. This post is a reaction. Clearly you would not have made these posts if you didn’t have those votes against you so arguing that it isn’t accomplishing anything is something of an oxymoron.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
What are your reasons?

You make legitimate points about being unable to defend yourself. However, the problem is, in an inactive game like this, you can't just "sit back and wait for someone to slip up." Nobody is talking, so how can one be scummy? What if nobody slips up today? Who would you pick to lynch?

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't want to lynch Yiga, at least not at this point. Simply for the reason that he is regularly posting, and in a game like this we need all the activity we can get.

Unovte

Waiting on @HeroOfTime , @PancakeSamurai , @Libk , and @Stormageden747 to make at least one serious post
hmm

So generally if you don’t do anything someone will accidentally reveal they’re scum just to fill the silence? Name one time that’s happened ever.
Storma did it once or twice

Every time you acknowledge it you’re reacting whether you realize or not. This post is a reaction. Clearly you would not have made these posts if you didn’t have those votes against you so arguing that it isn’t accomplishing anything is something of an oxymoron.
You can't not react. I react, but not in the way they want, so it doesn't affect me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Storma did it once or twice
It's hardly ever something to count on. There are normal slip ups that result in mislynches, but it's rarely a scum player actually slipping up and being like "I'm scum for real!" which did happen to Storma, from what I've heard. I've never even seen it happen in a game and I've played in quite a few around the web at this point.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
It's hardly ever something to count on. There are normal slip ups that result in mislynches, but it's rarely a scum player actually slipping up and being like "I'm scum for real!" which did happen to Storma, from what I've heard. I've never even seen it happen in a game and I've played in quite a few around the web at this point.
Yeah i claimed scum two times. Though it didn't really work.

Currently I don't really have an opinion on any of the current wagons.

Unvote

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Ayways, the only thoughts I've had reading the thread was that I think Moe jumped the gun on giving Kirino a town lean, but I don't think thats alignment indicative. Moe makes jump conclusions like that.

Umm, I'm 95% sure he was saying that as a joke. No one just outright believes something like "I'm then, guys!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom