• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tetris Movie

Dan

Sauce?
And what the heck are they going to get out of a Tetris Movie?

Maybe they will base the movie off the highly successful story from the Tetris Worlds game.
(Skip a minute, you're not missing much)

Apparently Tetris even has a time line... Tetris has lore and a timeline, a game where you stack coloured blocks has lore and a timeline, so yeah I guess you can make a movie around that.
You can't tell me you haven't been playing Tetris all these years and not been infatuated by that L-block. I've always wanted to know more about the L-block, what's its history, its beliefs, it's political affiliations. Hopefully this movie will answer all our many questions about the blocks of Tetris once and for all. I personally hope we get a full Peter Jackson style trilogy and plenty of mass CGI fighting.

I'm ready! Are you?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I just can't wrap my head around this concept. There is literally nothing that one could take from the game and then make a movie.

Plot: kid is really good at Tetris. Aliens attack earth. Alien technology is much like Tetris blocks. Scientists create machine that can control aliens technology. Kid uses skillz to align alien ships in rows and makes them disappear.

Total run time: 17 minutes 16 seconds (including credits).

And then there are two more parts!?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I just can't wrap my head around this concept. There is literally nothing that one could take from the game and then make a movie.

Plot: kid is really good at Tetris. Aliens attack earth. Alien technology is much like Tetris blocks. Scientists create machine that can control aliens technology. Kid uses skillz to align alien ships in rows and makes them disappear.

Total run time: 17 minutes 16 seconds (including credits).

And then there are two more parts!?

Oh, and it will be Rated R, because the aliens are sexy naked women.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
A Tetris, trilogy? Will this bomb as bad as that other movie that no-one watched, or remembers? I say yes, yes it will.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
If it's anything like Battleship, which I think was a vastly underrated film, it'll have little to nothing to do with the game, but will have one plot-relevant scene that references some key aspect of the game people would instantly recognize. So at some point, falling shapes will be relevant for a single scene in the plot and then the game is never referenced again. At least in the first film if it's a trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom