• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tetraforce Theory

Z

Zeus6play

I always wondered why there was a hole in the center of the triforce. So a while back, I came across something called the Tetraforce Theory. The theory states that there are actually 4 peices of the triforce in Legend of Zelda. Being the Zelda fan I am, this really intrigued me. So after researching like crazy, I finally came up with my view on this. In the begining of Hyrule, the 3 goddesses created the world. Din(Power, Red) Faroe(Courage, Green), and Nayru(Wisdom, Blue). It's known that 3 people in the game hold the 3 pieces of the triforce. Ganondorf (Red), Link (Green), and Zelda/Shiek (Blue). According to the games, the piece they each hold fits with their color. eg. Ganondorf has power etc. On the Hylian shield in OoT, there is a triforce on the top, and a lone, upside down triangle and the bottom. The reference to the # 4 in the Zelda series is also quite important. In Oot, there are 4 "races". The Kokiri (Green), The Zora (Blue), The Goron (Red), and the Gerudo (?). In 4 Swords, there are 4 links. In Majora's mask, there are 4 areas, and 4 giants. Skyward Sword, also 4 areas. While looking at the Ocarina of Time overworld map, I noticed that there are 4 zones where the races live. The Zora, Goron, and Kokiri areas seem to line up in a triangle, while the Gerudos are exactly oppisite the triangle, just like on the Hylian shield. In the desert where the Gerudos reside, is the Spirit Temple. Outside is a giant sand statue of a person, that the ancient Gerudos built. Now, while completing the Spirit Temple, you notice a triforce on the hand of the statue. The 3 characters who hold the 3 pieces of the Triforce also have a full triforce on their hand. Coincidence? Finally, I thought of how there are 4 base elements. Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. In OoT, you aquire 3 powers. Din's fire, Nayru's love, and Faroe's wind. This leaves one element, earth. Could is reference sand, like the desert? I believe that the 4th Goddess, and 4th piece of the Triforce, is the statue of the person in the desert. Who could this statue represent? Nobody really knows. Perhaps Nintendo will release a game in the future to prove this theory. What do you think, do you believe in the Tetraforce? Feedback is appriciated.

Z

Zeus6play

Sorry but this is crazy. The tetraforce is false and doesn't exist nor will it ever.

Why? What makes this so crazy? Everyone said the Timeline theory was false, and Nintendo themselves proved it.

Z

Zeus6play

Just the basic "all the games are connected, forming a timeline of events".

Big Octo

=^)
Just the basic "all the games are connected, forming a timeline of events".

Well, as I said before, most, if not, all theorists accepted a timeline theory in one way or another. So that "everybody" thing you had going isn't really helping you prove this Tetraforce theory.

Z

Zeus6play

Well, as I said before, most, if not, all theorists accepted a timeline theory in one way or another. So that "everybody" thing you had going isn't really helping you prove this Tetraforce theory.

Im not trying to use it to prove my theory. There's already enough evidence to prove itself

C

coolkoalakid

I used to believe the same thing because I noticed that on the original Hylean Shield there was the triforce and then another triangle at the bottom that seems like it would fit perfectly in the triforce. However after Nintendo has denied this multiple I have changed my mind. To confirm this even more they changed the design to stop all speculation.

Hylian Shield.jpg

Z

Zeus6play

Thats what I was getting at with the timeline. Nintendo denied that multiple times, until releasing Hyrule Historia, admiting there really was a timeline.

New to a Zelda forum, are ye? I hate to break this to you, but no matter where you look, there's going to an overwhelming amount of evidence against the Tetraforce theories. Heck, on this forum alone there must be over 100 debunked Tetraforce threads (go on, check the backlogs). Some have even found official word and interviews that repute the existence of a Tetraforce. You're quite fortunate to have gotten such friendly responses here, as you would not have gotten it elsewhere. Trust me.

Also, the argument that "Nintendo denied [the timeline] multiple times, until releasing Hyrule Historia, admitting there was a timeline" is not a very good argument at all. For starters, Miyamoto et. al. had proclaimed at many points in the past that an ultimate timeline document exists. However, that might have just been balderdash just to get the rabid fanbase to either shut the hell up, or get riled up so as to boost sales. The release of the HH timeline means nothing. For all we know, that entire timeline could have been thrown together because the fans demanded it—just to get them to shut it. It may not even resemble the fabled "ultimate timeline document" that Nintendo spoke so assuringly about way back when; that is, assuming that whole "ultimate document" thing even existed to begin with. Sorry, boss, but this theory holds no water...at all.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
New to a Zelda forum, are ye? I hate to break this to you, but no matter where you look, there's going to an overwhelming amount of evidence against the Tetraforce theories. Heck, on this forum alone there must be over 100 debunked Tetraforce threads (go on, check the backlogs). Some have even found official word and interviews that repute the existence of a Tetraforce. You're quite fortunate to have gotten such friendly responses here, as you would not have gotten it elsewhere. Trust me.

Also, the argument that "Nintendo denied [the timeline] multiple times, until releasing Hyrule Historia, admitting there was a timeline" is not a very good argument at all. For starters, Miyamoto et. al. had proclaimed at many points in the past that an ultimate timeline document exists. However, that might have just been balderdash just to get the rabid fanbase to either shut the hell up, or get riled up so as to boost sales. The release of the HH timeline means nothing. For all we know, that entire timeline could have been thrown together because the fans demanded it—just to get them to shut it. It may not even resemble the fabled "ultimate timeline document" that Nintendo spoke so assuringly about way back when; that is, assuming that whole "ultimate document" thing even existed to begin with. Sorry, boss, but this theory holds no water...at all.
Said everything I wanted to say.

I always thought of the Tetraforce Theory as interesting, even though the amount of evidence disproving it is large. Your evidence, I think, is pretty good. The Gerudo Mesa does have the sand statue, which I'm pretty sure has something to do with Time. Also, in Majora's Mask, Zelda references the Goddess of Time. I alway's thought that if there was a fourth Triforce piece, it would be Time.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I also always found the Tetraforce interesting. I don't agree with it because even if there is a fourth triangle, I think that just represents the Dark World/Sacred Realm. Or it means nothing at all. Anyway, it's good that you think for yourself on your own theories surrounding these things. Screw everyone else, if you only follow the 'official' line of Nintendo then there's no point looking at the theory section in my opinion. As for the timeline, I don't think there really was a timeline before Twilight Princess was released, and then they kind of threw it together for the sake of jumping on OoT's leftover popularity. It somewhat worked.

I also always found the Tetraforce interesting. I don't agree with it because even if there is a fourth triangle, I think that just represents the Dark World/Sacred Realm. Or it means nothing at all. Anyway, it's good that you think for yourself on your own theories surrounding these things. Screw everyone else, if you only follow the 'official' line of Nintendo then there's no point looking at the theory section in my opinion. As for the timeline, I don't think there really was a timeline before Twilight Princess was released, and then they kind of threw it together for the sake of jumping on OoT's leftover popularity. It somewhat worked.

The split timeline is agreed upon by most of the fans though; even representatives of Nintendo have acknowledged it. The Wind Waker derives from the Adult timeline. After being sent back in time, Gannon was sealed for a long time. Once he escaped his chamber, he unleashed chaos. People thought the Hero of Time would return from thin air and save the Kingdom, but that did not happen. Therefore the Gods decided to protect Hyrule and the Triforce by flooding it, hence the Great Sea being formed and Wind Waker taking place, along with its sequels. In the Child Timeline, people found out about Gannon's scheme before anything happens, and the Sages put him under trial and banish him instantly to the Twilight Realm, hence why Twilight Princess occurs. It all makes sense to me, and there are major evidences in the games where it supports the split timeline. People might say its all coincidence but the developers had SOME planning to do. It's not like they'll do everything blind.

I agree with you on creating your own theories though. You just have to have great evidence and back it up, and you have to have the general fanbase of Zelda to see your point and agree with you. It's like science, eventually some theories become widely accepted, and it eventually becomes a proven thing. The Tetraforce does sound cool, but I just don't see it possible. As someone said earlier, 3 is the magic number. The three Goddesses created the world of Hyrule with their combined powers. It's been explained in most of the games thoroughly. Only three goddesses are recognized in current day Hyrule, each Triforce representing a goddess. All evidence you have found is coincidental.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
[ilquote=Miyamoto]Triforce is, of course, the name of an item in The Legend of Zelda. The meaning of it is three forces coming together to become a big power.[/ilquote] - 2002

This isn't the one I thought I remembered, but it'll do. However, now they're hinting that there are actually two full Triforces, so who knows...

Salem

SICK
Okay, quick question, who and when did they came up with the Tetraforce name and theory? Cause I know it's pretty old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom