• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Terrible character redesigns

Not sure if it's exactly a redesign, being promotion materials and all, but the NIntendo Power artwork for Final Fantasy IV/II was famously bad. Especially Palom and Porom who came out looking like this.

FFIV_Palom_Porom_USArt.png

Gritting things up for the US release isn't that uncommon, but this case just always struck me as really bad.

I was also up in arms about Dante's redesign, and it kept me from playing the game for some times. But he won me over quite a bit n the game itself. I still prefer the original look, but as his own continuity I'm okay with him now.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Wakerlink.jpg
Young_Link_Artwork_1_Ocarina_of_Time.png

The change from OOT Link design to WW link. I didn't like the look of the characters from WW with their preposterous proportions.

I liked the original PC version of Lara Croft in the reboot, rather than the definitive version. However I'm okay with the Rise of the Tomb Raider model.
EzYXBLE.jpg

and comic to movie change jeeze:
SVGeBkK.jpg

qdgBAcf.jpg

Skunk

Floof
Dante was the first thing that came to my mind. Then again lots and LOTS of comic characters are redesigned into something horrible on a daily basis.

Megaman is the least of the "What the.." designed on Captain N.
Say hi to Cutman
latest

But nearly everyone that appeared in that show had some weird and often grotesque look to them. Megaman characters were just whatever the hell the artists wanted. There was an episode where they played football against all the Megaman 2 bosses and nothing looked right, or was even at least the correct color. Simon Belmont was just some guy they drew and decided to call Simon for whatever reason. Pit was not even called Pit, they actually called him Kid Icarus every time they spoke to him.

Wow... How did Nintendo even let that show happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom