• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Termina Theory

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Hey all! Long time no see!
Anyway, I got on because I had two theories that have really been bothering me and I want to k now what the rest of the community thinks (My other one can be found here).
Now, on tot he theory.
First of all, there are three games that are proven to take place in another dimension besides Hyrule:
Majora's Mask
Phantom Hourglass
Link's Awakening

The Theory
The possibility came to me that they may all be the same dimension. This is the point where you please check out the link above to explain a little bit. You may wonder, "How could we get from the Termina of MM to the Great Sea of PH?" Well, the answer would be simple:
First, MM is proven to be on the child timeline and PH on the adult. (LA is not officially on either, but for our purposes I'm saying it's on the adult timeline). Therefore, in the adult timeline, there would be no Link to stop the moon from falling onto Termina, causing the great Catastrophe that most MM players are familiar with. But what if this were not an apocalyptic scenario like most believe it to be, but actually the Termina equivalent of the Great Flood before WW? And was it Majora's idea to cause this flood, and not death to all?
What if the answers are yes, and the reason?

The Enemy
Nightmare. The villain from LA.
Nightmare, who could take whatever form he wanted.
Nightmare, who would have use of the world of the Wind Fish's mind as a base of operations.
But then, where is the Wind Fish during all this? Obviously hidden away, somewhere deep underground. He could have been the force that brought Link into Termina during MM (we'll mention him more in a little bit).
But still, why the flood?

The Flood
This goes back into the other thread I mentioned: the Giants. What if they were within the dream of the Wind fish as well, trying to destroy Nightmare from the inside? This would be the simplest way of killing all four. The Wind Fish had to be hidden so he could live, plus he'd need a place to raise his army, hence the islands and not total destruction.

The Child Timeline
But why did this not happen in the child timeline, if there was no mention of Nightmare? Back to Majora. If Nightmare were Majora, then with Majora's defeat in MM, there would be no Nightmare to attack Hyrule, and therefore no more need for Termina in the Child Timeline.

Phantom Hourglass
Now, after the Flood, the Wind Fish obviously had some self-awareness after this because, as seen in our next game, Phantom Hourglass, the Wind Fish is known (as The Ocean King) and viewed as a god. Therefore, Nightmare would need another creature to help him keep down the Wind Fish's power. Therefore, he created Bellum as a scapegoat, and when Bellum was destroyed, and the Wind Fish pacified for a time, Nightmare continued toward his goals.

Link's Awakening
Finally comes Link's Awakening, the last game in our discussion. In this game, Link finds himself on a single island in the middle of the ocean that doesn't exist and is ruled over by the sacred Wind Fish, who is under the Spell. Of Nightmare. Open and shut, Nightmare is defeated and Link returns to the real world, the island destroyed. This island, it seems, looks like a larger and more glorified version of PH's Mercay Island. Just a small connection.

So what do you guys think? Seem legit?
-DN

A theory I had once was that Termina was created due to Demise not exsisting or being turned into Majora's Mask. This would mean that the kingdom of Ikana would be safe from demons. They get cursed however when the door opens, releasing demons, like the chest in Minish Cap. The people of Termina then live a fairly peaceful life, developing technology surpassing that of Hyrule. The Goddesses are not worshipped, seeing as Termina's layout has not changed. The only goddesses knonw to Termina is the goddess of time. The four giants are servants of the goddess, protecting Termina in her stead. Then, when the Happy Mask Salesman finds the mask, fear once again enters Termina. Another possible theory is that Termina is a future Hyrule and the door is a gate of time hidden deep in the lost woods.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think it's hard trying to connect alternate world's into the timeline anyway never mind on three separate timelines...

In a sense all three world's are just one theory within themselves, Koholint Island does actually belong to a timeline, it takes place on the downfall timeline directly after the Oracle games with the same Link. I just don't see the connection between this world and the other two separate world's seen in MM and PH. First the Island is just a dream conjured up by the Wind Fish, however it isn't really clear why and in a way the circumstances in PH and LA are very similar with the 2 deities and the that they are a supposed dream. The fact is though that the world we saw in PH seems to be a world of its own while LA is just a dream.

To be honest though I can't really make sense of this theory, maybe it's because I'm misinterpreting it or the fact that the connections made are pretty weak but I just don't see this theory working.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This is a good theory. I always thought Wind Waker and Majora's Mask could belong easily on the same timeline. As this has been proven wrong by the HH, the other option is that perhaps they do exist in the same, separate dimension. I don't really think this though because I think all the timeline's happened regardless due to Link's time travelling, so in a way all the timeline's are in separate universes in themselves, happen simultaneously but with different events.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I havent been on since HH was just being produced in Japanese (and very little at that), so I'm just checking now. Has the HH timeline become the new norm and now the theory forum is just for smaller details?
Just asking. It would be nice to know. But thanks for answering me!

I was thinking about it and came up with a theory that Termina has it's own timeline, but only two. The Child, which we all know, and a Failed, where the moon crashes into Termina. I think that the Ocean King's World could be Termina and that the great flood that occured in Hyrule could have also happened in Termina, due to the moon being so close to the earth.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
RL: So kind of a half-agreement from you then, RL? That PH and MM could take place in one world?
C00L- I agree, this is k ind of a weird theory and I've confused a lot of people on it. I need to explain it better.
Beauts- I have one complaint about your theory:
TI think all the timeline's happened regardless due to Link's time travelling.
MM happened AFTER the split, therefore only one timeline should have Termina saved. Do I make any sense?

I havent been on since HH was just being produced in Japanese (and very little at that), so I'm just checking now. Has the HH timeline become the new norm and now the theory forum is just for smaller details?
Just asking. It would be nice to know. But thanks for answering me!

Yes, the timeline in HH is considered the canon timeline now. The theory forum can still be used to discuss the timeline and other large details, just know that there is an official timeline that we try to utilize for theories now. I would suggest reading some of HH because it also provides information other than the timeline that can be used to theorize.

GlitterBerri's Game Translations » Hyrule Historia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom