• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Termina... Reallity or Fiction?

I'm fairly sure there is already a large thread about this in the theory section. Not to mention many articles written around the Zelda community.

Anyway i believe it's an alternate reality of a different path Hyrule could have gone it the collective had abandoned the goddesses.

Aonuma stated that it's a parallel world. Given the fact that the Skull Kid originally lived in Termina and came to Hyrule tells me that they are two entirely different, yet similar, kingdoms. If it was an alternate reality of Hyrule, but where the population abandoned the goddesses, then why is the geography so different? Abandoning the goddesses wouldn't change the actual physical layout of the land.

Aonuma stated that it's a parallel world. Given the fact that the Skull Kid originally lived in Termina and came to Hyrule tells me that they are two entirely different, yet similar, kingdoms. If it was an alternate reality of Hyrule, but where the population abandoned the goddesses, then why is the geography so different? Abandoning the goddesses wouldn't change the actual physical layout of the land.

It certainly could. Din created the land and nature. without her everything could change, forest over time become swamps, sea levels rise ect...

She created the land, she didn't resculpt it. The land would have already have been created in one way, the people would worship them, then abandon them, and the world would still be the same. All that aside still, Aonuma did say the whole parallel world thing making that theory invalid anyway.

Not really that's actually the basis of the theory parallel =/= the same. If i weren't so lazy i would find the link to another termernia theory thread where this dissucsion has already taken place.

Remember Link falls through a portal from Hyrule and comes out in Termina. Parallel world in this sense is basically referring to a different world with similar qualities or, in this case, people. If they shared a similar history but something in the past was different is a possibility. But as far as Hyrule and Termina being the same land, I don't think so. Like I said, Link went into the tree and fell down a portal and walked through a hallway which brought him into a clocktower in a different world. Now trying to be scientific at this point is probably not going to get us anywhere seeing as how Link does live in a world filled to the brim with magic. But, I would like to point out that there are three people that have been to both Termina and Hyrule, which would be LInk, the Happy Mask Salesman, and the Skull Kid. This leads me to believe more in that it's an actual physically different world than the same Hyrule with a twist.

What would be the reason for Hyrule to be resculpted? And why is it only on one timeline? And why is it resculpeted back after MM and clearly the old Hyrule in TP? I can only agree with Crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom