• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Termina Is The Equivalent to Heaven?!!

Now Before I start I just want to say I don't know if this is a theory or not already so don't get angry at me if it is and if it is can you please leave a link so I can read it. Thanks :)
Now as the the title says I think Termina is the Equivalent to Heaven or if you wan't Hell. But either way a world for the dead or a world for spirits to continue there lives.
Now how exactly this works is When someone dies the soul or spirit get moved for Hyrule to termina and vice versa.
Its pretty simple at first but this would explain why Link, Zelda, Demise and pretty much every character are Reborn in a new every instalment.
There is evidence to support the theory. Remember everyone in castle town like The Happy Mask Salesman. Well as you should know already they dies because of Ganondorf. So thats why Link met The Happy Mask Salesman in Majoras mask. But what makes this more interesting is if link died in the intro of Majoras mask. Now as one of Kokiri said that you could transformed into Stalfos when you explore the lost woods. Now does this mean that when you get transformed into a Stalfos you dies but your body remains in the other world? If so that would explain why Link was sent to termina. But what about Skull Kid? Maybe there was just a portal in the lost woods which skull kid and Link came across.

Let me hear what you think of this theory as I can't find any problems with so if there is please tell me it would be great to know :).

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Interesting idea, but I'm going to have to disagree.

First of all, were people to go back and forth through Hyrule and Termina each time they died, we'd see more games in Termina then just Majora's Mask.
I don't think everyone in OoT just magically died before Link could travel to Termina from the end of OoT. That would be really strange if they did, and there's zero evidence saying that they did and therefore, it is far more likely they did not.
Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are each bearers of the Triforce, and return due to Demise's curse stating that his hatred would always be reborn in some new form, thereby locking the three in a never ending cycle of reincarnation and battles.
The Happy Mask Salesman was also alive at the end of OoT. He is seen celebrating at Lon Lon Ranch on the Adult Timeline so Ganondorf never killed him.
Link and Skull Kid did not die, they came across through a portal if you will in the Lost Woods, (or some people think that it may have something to do with HMS but meh).

Anyhoo, other then that it's a great theory! I look forward to hearing more!

Interesting idea, but I'm going to have to disagree.

First of all, were people to go back and forth through Hyrule and Termina each time they died, we'd see more games in Termina then just Majora's Mask.
I don't think everyone in OoT just magically died before Link could travel to Termina from the end of OoT. That would be really strange if they did, and there's zero evidence saying that they did and therefore, it is far more likely they did not.
Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are each bearers of the Triforce, and return due to Demise's curse stating that his hatred would always be reborn in some new form, thereby locking the three in a never ending cycle of reincarnation and battles.
The Happy Mask Salesman was also alive at the end of OoT. He is seen celebrating at Lon Lon Ranch on the Adult Timeline so Ganondorf never killed him.
Link and Skull Kid did not die, they came across through a portal if you will in the Lost Woods, (or some people think that it may have something to do with HMS but meh).

Anyhoo, other then that it's a great theory! I look forward to hearing more!

I Forgot he appeared in the end credits.

Majora's Mask took place on the Child Timeline, so even if HMS was killed when Ganondorf took over, he'd still be alive for Majora's Mask since Link goes to Zelda as a child and prevents Ganondorf's reign altogether.

Not to mention characters leading very different lives and sometimes with very different personalities in Termina (Like Twinrova). Also, explain how Malon would be turned into both a kid and an adult version with different names (Romani and Cremia)? Interesting theory but it just doesn't make sense to me. Termina is another dimension with no relation to Hyrule besides a couple other people like Link stumbling in.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I find this theory quite wild, but very interesting! Let's see if I can discuss some of it's flaws, though:

Not necessarily; we are told of many wars throughout the series, but non is depicted in a game. This doesn't mean they didn't happen.

The last thing we know about OOT is that Zelda will tell her father about Ganondorfs evil intentions, but we don't know what happens next. Maybe the war that destroyed Hyrule in OOT happens earlier, and this time Ganon is so mad at not having access to the Triforce that kills everyone for sport.

Nothing to say here... Dunno, I'll think about it.
As said, MM happens on the child timeline, whatever happened to HMS in the end of OOT is irrelevant. He culd have died like the rest, but he looks to strange a character for just ending like everyone else...
They chased each other at great speed across a forest full of trees, stones and deep holes, carrying all sort of weaponry and an ancient badass mask with an homicidal maniac soul sealed in it. Yes, they could have died.

I also like the idea of Link becoming a stalfos in the forest (once his soul is gone to termina), which could be related to the old Hero in TP, which looks pretty much like a stalfos. However, I don't know how did MM Link manage to get some children so that TP could be his descendant...

Still the theory is far from adjusted to the canon, but it's fun to twist reality to make it fit. (just check this other post to see what I mean :D http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45564)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Interesting theory, I do disagree with a lot of the points you raised, but interesting nonetheless.

---

Termina is certainly an odd place, an alternate world to Hyrule, which houses different settings with a sense of similarity. It's almost too foreign to be similar, but it manages both at the same time. Similar characters, well same to be exact, but they lead vastly different life styles. Then you have similar locations and even mythology to an extent but they are still very different and too foreign to be directly linked to the world of Hyrule.

It's a big question; what is Termina? Is it it's own world? Well yes, it's a world which is not connected to Hyrule - well not interlinked anyway - the only connection being a strange portal of sorts, the origins of which remain unknown about. To delve into Termina we have to delve into alternate worlds themselves and into the many theories that have been debated in our won world. Is Termina simply an alternate world in which different events happened? Well that would be a parallel world, a world which coexists with its counterpart, but it contains a different reality.

Well a "different reality" very much describes Termina, but why isn't Hyrule or any noticeable point of interest there? We see multiple of characters of whom are coexisting in the world of Ocarina of Time, but why isn't there any real Hyrule based location? This is a mystery, one that Nintendo didn't intend us to solve, but here we are. We see a lot of symbols that seem to show the Triforce (not sure on exact locations). Well since Hyrule and it's neighbouring provinces are the only known places to know of the Triforce, then it has to be linked somehow, right?

---

Well what if Termina was Hyrule? This is where I go into my own theory of sorts. So far we know that Termina is a parallel world; a dimension which contains a different reality but coexists with its counterpart. So that would mean something must have happened for the landscape to change and the Kingdom to no longer exist. Well we have one obstacle; that is the mythology.

The mythology in Termina seems to revolve around "time" a concept very much common in Hyrule, so that isn't a foreign element by any means. Now we actually have some expansion on this: the Goddess or Time, a figure who is barely mentioned but seems to have some sort of connection to the Song of Time - a song passed down though the Royal Family. So the Goddess of Time could easily be connected to Hyrule, but what about the other deity-like figures? Well we have Majora and the Fierce Deity, now I have my own seperate theory which links them in with the sun and moon gods/guardians (I won't get into that here though) - overall I see them as demigods. So who knows, these two figures could exist in Hyrule itself, maybe we just haven't seen or heard of them in an actual game.

The latter figures would be the four giants, which throw me off a bit. They are quite wacky, a theme throughout the game itself, but who are they? Well the people of Clock Town seem to worship them, if I recall, some call them gods. In my eyes they are simple guardians who protected the land, but why aren't they existent in Hyrule's world? It's hard to counter that argument; however, we do know of a group of four: the Light Spirits in Twilight Princess. It's a loose link, but they were spiritual guardians, could we be seeing early descendents? Who knows, but guardians come and go throughout the history of Hyrule, these four figures could just be present for that period of time.

---

Now this is how I see it, Termina is a parallel world that coexists with Hyrule. However, this "foreign" land is actually Hyrule, just slightly... different. Maybe something happened in its past (a catastrophic event) maybe the moon once crashed down before, thus obliterating Hyrule, while its survivors flocked to outer regions. Termina in my eyes is basically a hypothetical world were a different set of events happened to the original Timeline - this is also the same case with the splits in the Timeline itself. So could Termina simply be another split? Well hypothetically, there could be multiple splits; endless coexisting worlds, it just so happens that Link stumbled upon a wormhole of sorts and was able to travel between the two worlds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom