• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Termina in the other timelines?

Has anyone else thought about how the events for Majora's Mask were set in motion before Ocarina of Time. Not the part about Link getting involved, that's obviously after. The mask held great evil well before the start of Ocarina of Time. This tells me that something was going down in Termina in all three timelines. There is the theory, one which I subscribe to, that Termina is a part of Lorule's world. For the Adult timeline, and for those who don't think Termina is a part of Lorule's world; what happened to Termina in the other timelines?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
This doesn't quite answer your question, but is something I found interesting while trying to think of an answer.
First, an excerpt from Skull Kid's page on Zeldapedia:
Firstly, upon encountering Link in the Lost Woods after having ambushed him, the Skull Kid appears to recognize Link, but deems it not to be a problem. Later, after the Skull Kid is removed from the influence of Majora's Mask, he tells Link that he smells the same as "that fairy kid who taught [him] that song in the woods": in Ocarina of Time, Link plays "Saria's Song" to a Skull Kid in the Lost Woods, who becomes his friend after this.
Additionally, Link sells the Skull Mask to this same Skull Kid, indicating a preexisting interest for masks which could have motivated the Skull Kid's theft of Majora's Mask. Lastly, after the end credits of Majora's Mask, the final image shown is a stump bearing carvings of the Skull Kid, Link, Tatl, Tael, and the Four Giants. After a certain amount of time passes, part of "Saria's Song" will play.

It's pretty obviously implied that this is the same Skull Kid from OoT. However, we only see Link teach Skull Kid Saria's Song and sell him the mask in the full events of OoT; meaning, after Zelda sent Link back, this event was erased. Yes, Link could have gone back and taught Skull Kid the song, but I find it funny that the Child Timeline seems to fit Skull Kid's story the least.

That is interesting, @MapelSerup. I've always felt that Link would have went about solving problems that he already knew about. He would have probably still taught the Song of Storms, for instance. So, even though all his mask sales were undone, I think he would have found it all to easy to do it again.

Thinking about it, that could be more reasoning behind his quest for Navi. He didn't just see her fly, then immediately give chase. It's far more heart-wrenching to imagine Link solving problems, trying to regain the feeling he had before. As he began to miss Navi, he could have realized that the friend was a missing piece of what he felt. In other words, the quest for Navi was not just to find a friend, but to escape his depression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom