• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Termina Bay Theory

I know that Young Link is the main character of MM. I know that he goes through a portal to another world, and when I was thinking about it, it sounded very much like the portal through the Temple of Time that Link used in Ocarina of Time. And if that were the case, it seemed as though the portal could be a link to several centuries into the future. If this were the case, it would be a warning of sorts to Link: this is what the future of Hyrule is. It will flood, people will die, and it will result in a new world.
I mean, I understand that it doesn't really work, but it would explain what Termina is. It would explain why it seems so similar to Hyrule, because it really is. Just in the future.

If the portal that link went through in MM is just like the one in OoT with the master sword, then link would die going through it as he would age while in the portal as in OoT.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
It must be a parallel universe, but this brings on a new question:

If one went to Hyrule as it was underwater in WW, could they navigate through the lost woods and find the portal to take them to Termina? Would there be a flood there? What would happen with a several hundred year time skip and an act of mass destruction on one of the parallel worlds? Would it affect the other one at all?

This could make this topic a whole lot more interesting.

Leix

Error
I wanted to ask what Inflexus asked since I started reading this topic.
Termina would be flooded as well, right? The water would cover all of the forest, thus making it's way into the hole wherest Link fell, through the windy path, and into the clock tower, flooding out into the world? Or would the water just all disappear in the floorless room. Or is the floorless room even floorless at all?
I say, a Zora mask coulda made Wind Waker a whole lot more interesting.

Another question I had is this: Why is there a lack of Gorons and Zora in WW?
The Zora now have a vast space to swim around, wouldn 't they ever try to surface?
And the Gorons have always lived up high in the mountains. Why aren't they in Dragon Roost, the presumed remnants of Death Mountain?

Well, I have no idea about the Zoras, but in WW the traveling merchants (you know, the ones that the trading sequence involves) are actually Gorons, and Gorons are in PH. If we assume that the four quadrants in PH are just more parts of the great sea, then some Gorons had just stayed on their mountain top as all of the world flooded. If not, well, Gorons are reduced to just traveling merchants.

I wanted to ask what Inflexus asked since I started reading this topic.
Termina would be flooded as well, right? The water would cover all of the forest, thus making it's way into the hole wherest Link fell, through the windy path, and into the clock tower, flooding out into the world? Or would the water just all disappear in the floorless room. Or is the floorless room even floorless at all?
I say, a Zora mask coulda made Wind Waker a whole lot more interesting.

Another question I had is this: Why is there a lack of Gorons and Zora in WW?
The Zora now have a vast space to swim around, wouldn 't they ever try to surface?
And the Gorons have always lived up high in the mountains. Why aren't they in Dragon Roost, the presumed remnants of Death Mountain?
Well i don't think water will be able to flood another dimension, also maybe link did not enter termina when he fell maybe he entered it in the twisting room.

Leix

Error
It works like a cork in a bowl of water. Bowl is Hyrule, and water is the flood. The way to Termina is a cork that's been pulled.
Even if it dosen't flood both dimensions, It should still remove the mass entity that the flood was.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
timeline or no timeline, its impossible that termina is some kind of island in WW.
main reason, Termina is just a other dimension, and hyrule is sealed beneath the great sea.

but leix does have a point, the flood could have accurd all the way to lost woods, maybe even made it to termina. but that doesn 't make termina one of the islands.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Also the kingdom of Crandal.

Anyway, Holodrum an Labrynna were almost certainly in the same dimension, seeing as the prologue doesn't look like the following at all...

Quote from Collectors Edition instruction booklet:
Having waged his battlles across time to defeat the evil Ganon and restore peace to Hyrule, Link departed from the land that made him a legend. On a personal journey in search of a beloved and invaluable friend, Link was waylaid while traveling through the Lost Woods, and his horse and precious Ocarina were stolen from him. His pursuit of the villain led him into the strange, parallel world of Termina, where he found his fate tied to its impending doom...

That is right, I have the collecter's edition game and that is exactly what it says. Also, I am pretty sure they are in the same dimension.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
okay heres something to ponder. link was in the lost woods when he found the portal to termina, in the lost woods of OoT there were the arches to death mountain and the zoras. also in every game hyrule seems to be surrounded by mountains, so anything beyond the mountains would be unknown to hylians. so termina could just be a continent on the other side of the world. but the WW theory wouldn't work with the huge time jump

I

imthemailman

wasnt termina made in effect to the fact that link didnt pull out the master sword when he went back to being a kid and this in turn made termina thats what i thought

A

Ando

Since Link never saved it, it was crushed under the moon

True true.
Basically this can't happen because of that, not to mention that MM takes place in an alternate world, whereas TWW does not - this is known because there is no traveling-between-parallel-worlds in TWW in the same manner that MM employs. In fact, the only traveling done is to Hyrule, and that's merely a matter of going underwater - no portal to another dimension there.

It would certainly be interesting to see how Termina ended up after all this time, though! Maybe someone survived...??

If the water didn't reach termina, then the question is...where did it go? The void between dimensions? thin air? Thin air is irrelevant. Hwever, I beleive the water....If it did get through, where would it come out? How do we know it would not og somewhere else? For all we know, only living organisms go to termina and anything else goes somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom