• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Ten Notes?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Arlo didn't mention it, Commonwealth Realm didn't mention it, Zeltic didn't mention it, GameXplain didn't mention it, I'm starting to wonder if nobody else is asking the question. The final moments of the trailer show us the year "2019" against a black backdrop and 10 notes, which are presumably Marin's digitized voice, ring out. Nearly the entire first stanza of Ballad of the Wind Fish but missing that integral final note.

The absence of this rival now of the stanza stands as a refusal to resolve the previous ten notes. The tension built by the previous ten notes in a double sharp should be released and fulfilled by the "b". In an instance of intentional neglect, whoever scored this trailer revoked the "b" and left us hanging.

I'm sure I'm overanalyzing this but I can't help but feel like the intent wasn't simply to leave us wanting more but to hint at something about the game itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom