• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Temples Vs. Sidequests

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
When comparing the Ocarina of Time; a heavy temple based game to the Majora's Mask; which has only four temples, but several sidequests we notice that exact difference... Temples vs. Sidequests. (I hope this doesn't turn into an OOT vs. MM) But that's something Indiglogo noticed when we were discussing the gameplay.

My question to all of you is which do you prefer? Temples? Or embarking on sidequests?

Indiglogo also commented that the Wind Waker probably has the most balance of temples and sidequests, what do you think?

Kybyrian

Actually, I don't really prefer either one. As long as it's an in-depth sidequest that has a bit more to do than some other sidequests, which only take a small amount of time to complete. Temples are fun, especially when they're good, and I love a good temple every now and then, but I also love a good sidequest every now and then as well. I suppose I would prefer temples for the most part, since a lot of the sidequests in most games are short ones without much to it, but that's why they call it a sidequest. Good sidequests, though, are welcome at any point among my temples.

T

Triforce Eden

Sidequests all the way (unless, of course, it's some collect-o-thon like Spirit Tracks). While dungeons may provide most of the action, sidequests are simply fun to do when you're bored. They also help to gain insight into the land of Hyrule. And, in MM's case, the sidequests made me care about the characters and the world they lived in.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Sidequests definitely. While temples are fun and provide some challenging puzzles and battles, what happens OUTside the temples have always been my favorite parts for some reason. I enjoy sidequests better because they allow you to stray away from the main story for a little while if the story is becoming dull. I'd really love to see some more deep and emotional sidequests like Anju and Kafei's. If they're going to add lots to Skyward Sword, I'm hoping they're not collecting quests (Skultulas, bugs, treasure charts, bunnies, etc.) or trading quests (Like Biggoron Sword in OoT, Land Title Deeds in MM, or the purple shield thing one in WW). Those are just moodkills that draaaaaaag out for so long and become repetitive.

Sidequests are more fun becuase the temples in the zeldas all have the same story in a way like you go in find keys open doors and kill the boss but with sidequests you can do what you want and and search around all of the land to end up getting something that looks cool and makes temples and the game more fun and easier. So you look at it funner rewards and makes temples easier.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I prefer Temples and the following the main quest, but sidequests add so much depth & 'flavor' to the gameplay. It doesn't feel like Level 1, level 2, etc. like a lot of games are. And you always have to do the temples. .. side quests you can do at will. You can choose to do all of them, none of them, some of them .. it adds to the replayability of the game.

Y

Yuguise

I prefer side-quests. Side-quests all the way. I think it's cause I got bored of the predictability in temples. Search rooms, solve a few puzzles, get the temple's item and then use it against the boss of the temple. Only a few times has a temple challenged me, or made me really like it. But side-quests never ceased to entertain me.

Actually, I don't really prefer either one. As long as it's an in-depth sidequest that has a bit more to do than some other sidequests, which only take a small amount of time to complete. Temples are fun, especially when they're good, and I love a good temple every now and then, but I also love a good sidequest every now and then as well. I suppose I would prefer temples for the most part, since a lot of the sidequests in most games are short ones without much to it, but that's why they call it a sidequest. Good sidequests, though, are welcome at any point among my temples.
100% agreed, my thoughts exactly.

I love dungeons, but sidequests of just as much and just as good of content are great too. I typically prefer dungeons, but my favorite game in the series is Majora's Mask, the big "sidequest game".

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
100% agreed, my thoughts exactly.

I love dungeons, but sidequests of just as much and just as good of content are great too. I typically prefer dungeons, but my favorite game in the series is Majora's Mask, the big "sidequest game".

The Couples Mask sidequest is hands down the best sidequest in any video game ever, IMHO of course. That sidequest is better than any of the 4 dungeons in MM.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I want one game with all of them so I can do the progressing story when I feel like it, but when I am burnt out by it, or just dont have a lot of time to play I want to be able to have lots of things on the side I can do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom