• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Temple of Time in Skyward Sword Confirimed

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Thats strange... I was almost sure that the Ancient Cistern would be the third dungeon. If this rumor about the Temple of Time being the third dungeon is true, could somebody please clarify where the Ancient Cistern comes in?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm a skeptic on this. Translations from a fan can often be a bit inaccurate. I would also not expect the Temple of Time to be built yet if it's in Skyward Sword, but there's no real proof for that. Anyway the Ancient Cistern is confirmed to be the third dungeon which pretty much discredits this. This says the Temple of Time is the third dungeon, which is a blatant contradiction of what Nintendo of Japan directly told us. I'm calling bogus on this as a mistranslation.

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I thought the desert temple would be third, I don't see why anyone would think it's the ancient cistern...

Anyways, the temple of time is probably that temple in the opening trailer where Link shoots beams at triforce symbols and where Fi is dancing. Looks like an interesting place. It's in the Sealed Grounds.

i think tempel of time is the 3rd temple and ancient cistern the 4th (or the 1st temple of the second part of the game)

its more logical to dicover the 3 province first then see what they become after the plot twist

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/10...t-cistern-trailers-with-translated-subtitles/

In the second video, the audio translates into this:

The Ancient Cistern's interior is filled with majestic embellishments draped in golden light.

That sounds quite similar to how the person in this interview described the third dungeon.

Also, I can't remember where, but I'm certain I remember reading it was confirmed the Ancient Cistern was the third dungeon in the game. My memory may be serving me wrong, but I'm almost certain I saw this in text somewhere.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Given the whole 3rd dungeon plot twist thing, I'm thinking the area where Ghirahim busts down the wall to capture Zelda is at the end of the Temple of Time. The architecture is sorta similar, and given how the area I mentioned has a giant blue wheel in it, it would make me think of an important place, like said Temple.

Also, JuiceJ, I'm going to go ahead and say you're assuming the Ancient Cistern is the 3rd. That is unless you can find a translated source?

Night Owl

~Momentai
The picture in the mentioned article looks like one I've seen of the Ancient Cistern.

Another thing the Temple of Time was built to house or protect the Master Sword.
If the Master Sword is created in Skyward Sword (which has been confirmed), then the Temple of Time shouldn't have been built yet. Though I could be wrong.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Omigosh, that is awesome. Few things to address:

1) I thought Temple of Time would be made to house the Master Sword. Without the MS, there shouldn't be a ToT. BUT maybe it's a different Temple entirely, focusing less on the Sacred Realm and more on the actual Time.

cog.JPG

Look at the cog in the scene above. Symbolism showing the "clockwork of time", anyone?

2) I also guessed that the OoT/TP/AlttP(lost woods pedestal) Temple of Time that houses the Master Sword was the area inside the Goddess Statue where Link finds the Skyward Sword (I wont call it the goddess sword :(. Again, maybe it's a different Temple of Time. It's not even confirmed that the area inside the statue is the ToT from OoT.

i_31029.jpg

3) I remember the Ancient Cistern was the third dungeon. Wasn't confirmed, but I just guessed since Skyview was 1st and Eldin Volcano was 2nd. Maybe the Ancient Cistern is the ToT, because of the Ancient part, but is very unlikely

A

ArgoX

They're probably talking about the desert dungeon. The theme of that dungeon seems to be rewinding time. Link hits switches that make the sand goes away and the dungeon looks newer like it's in the past before it got covered in sand and lost its color. The mine cart ride through the hall of statues has a big Temple of Time vibe and the techno theme fits with its depiction in TP and WW (assuming Tower of the Gods is Temple of Time).

its possible that the review you think about didn`t play past the 2nd temple and think that the official nintendo site show them in order¸

i even see one site thinking that ancient citern was second and earth temple third

oh and i just think about it, the french review describe the temple to be visually boring, so it can`t be ancient citern which is beautifull, so probably the desert temple

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom